Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK - The Professionals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

See you tomorrow keps!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I agree keps...the start was full of dramatic music, it was about as dramatic as paint drying.....

Or salmon from a water bath!

I'd like to see Danny doing well tomorrow night, he was so nervous the first time out of the traps...

He seems like a lovely lad...

I'd like to see Danny doing well tomorrow night, he was so nervous the first time out of the traps...

He seems like a lovely lad...

I have to confess that I forget face/name links very quickly - so I can't remember Danny.

Am out for a very late lunch tomorrow - so will be playing catch-up either late tomorrow night, or more likely sometime on Thursday.

I am beginning to think that self-taught really good chefs have no chance with Marcus and Monica

They will always find a way to put through a 'classically' trained chef who has worked HIS way up the serf-like system of the Real Kitchen

And the strange thing about this competiition is - is that we have to rely on what they tell us!

Not like watching a singing or dancing competion where at least you can have an opinion

( BTW I am a male!)

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    I am beginning to think that self-taught really good chefs have no chance with Marcus and Monica

They will always find a way to put through a 'classically' trained chef who has worked HIS way up the serf-like system of the Real Kitchen

And the strange thing about this competiition is - is that we have to rely on what they tell us!

Not like watching a singing or dancing competion where at least you can have an opinion

( BTW I am a male!)

:):):)

I think this series has been very predictable so far keps....they "love" the chosen ones and praise them "over the top"....Sven has been like the "lost child" of both of them so far imo....

I'd like Jamie - the lad with the glasses - to do well....

I don't think the standard has been so high this year as previous years...

btw, Danny was the lad with the terrible shakes, He has a lovely Geordie accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Bit late to the party tonight.

I agree with whoever said earlier it was an eminently forgettable episode. Nothing stood out at all during the entire show, except for Luciana's main in the final round, which looked 100% revolting!

Felt so sorry for her - what on earth came over her - bones left in fish, core left in pear (and would you really serve a whole pear with a dessert? reminds me of the enormous croquette in an earlier round, and some other dish that was wildly out of proportion). I thought she was going to shrivel up and die when they were pulling her food apart bit by bit.

Brian's salmon done in duck fat just makes me feel queasy. Loved the look of the pea stew - I'd eat a bowl of that alone! Both of his plates looked lovely though!

Will miss tomorrow's episode - we should arrange a mutually convenient catch-up time on Thursday Keps, and have a chat throughout :D

Ooh, I seem to remember Jonathan as a very interesting cook indeed.....

Tomorrow's one should be good!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Bit late to the party tonight.

Will miss tomorrow's episode - we should arrange a mutually convenient catch-up time on Thursday Keps, and have a chat throughout :D

The most logical thing for me to do, because it suits my stange regime, is to watch it from 7pm to 8pm on Thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Cooking non European food will only take you so far in Masterchef, and I am not sure what she was thinking of.

Final is shaping up to be a classic.

• Advertisement

To be fair, she served up a load of nonsense and the judges love the other guy, she would have required something extraordinary to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Just catching up! Sorry to see Luciana go - but have to agree, her cooking last night was not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Only watching now, have not looked at any other posts

Drooling over buttermilk panacotta
    Luciana made basic errors, while the waterbath finally won

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Drooling over buttermilk panacotta
    Luciana made basic errors, while the waterbath finally won

All hail the waterbath.

I might scream if there's a water-bath tonight, or
    A french accent

A very fussy starter
    He used tweezers!!!!

Where is everyone
    There's 2 waterbaths going :(

D'ont know what Jonathan was up to, although the judges certainly were pushing the other guy to the heavens.

All their favourites have gone through so far.

Got home a bit earlier than expected from De Night Out, so couldn't resist catching up (sorry Keps!).

Another French chef :eek:

"Be Natural" should be the catchphrase of tonight's show. Easy for you to say, Mister, you don't have you hanging over your shoulder telling you to stop shaking!

Once again I was underwhelmed by the restaurant bit.

Just getting to the final meal bit - I have a horrible feeling that Jonathon is going to blow up, and it won't be pretty..... Danny is a lovely understated modest fella, and I think (despite previous feeling) that I'm rooting for him.

OK, Jonathon's menu sounds just plain bonkers :eek:

• Advertisement

Oof, Jonathon's dessert is revolting looking.

Oh dear.

Oooh, Darren the shaker (wasn't he the absolutely terminal shaker in the first round?) is up tomorrow!

And it's not a French chef in the restaurant bit!!!

Loved the look of Danny's meal tonight, be very happy if I got served that lot in a restaurant.

How did he get the little mash (sorry, pomme purée) mount that he served in his main? Piping bag with an enormous hole in it? Mould of some sort? But then how would you get the mash out? This is why I want to see MORE OF THE COOKING!

I do not get the idea of sweetcorn icecream, or sweetcorn donuts at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I do not get the idea of sweetcorn icecream, or sweetcorn donuts at all :confused:
    I just don't get the idea of sweetcorn.

Ewwww sweetcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks like the risk takers are not faring too well in the semi finals. If that was me I would be cooking a classical dish really well and just hoping the other person f*cks up

Looks like the risk takers are not faring too well in the semi finals. If that was me I would be cooking a classical dish really well and just hoping the other person f*cks up

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Don't forget the star ingredient: "a twist".

Tonight's show is a first for me - it's the first time that I will have eaten in the highlighted 'restaurant'.
    While working in London (on a short stint) some years ago I brought my nephew and his partner to ' Wild Honey' ( their suggestion).
    It hadn't got a star at the time and my recollection is that the bill was quite reasonable.
    The food was fantastic- and not at all pretentious!
    That may have changed - to maintain the 'star' status!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, I only just tuned in about 2 minutes ago, and this chef is sending MY blood pressure through the roof.... God help that poor pair of contestants :eek:

Advertisement