Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK - The Professionals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Deep fried throat!....

The mammy would have a heart attack!....

The presentation is amazing...

God, I'm starving now!

Oh, the steak......Yum, yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

That steak looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

It is very impressive - but if that all white fish-dish was served to me - I think I would send it back

• Advertisement

I see failed businessman and soon to be married for the 4th time to his twitter gf GreGG has arrived

keps wrote: »
    It is very impressive - but if that all white fish-dish was served to me - I think I would send it back

It was looking unappetising all right but I'd give it a whirl....sure you'd know by the menu it was all the one when you'd see it....

Monica 'loving Sven bit time...I didn't see it coming she would be his strongest ally at this stage...

I love those little bowls like a crater!

Monica looks different

Brian has moved way ahead in the pecking order

• Advertisement

25 orders simultaneously!.....

It's great to see behind the scenes!

Actually that's a gimmick I wouldn't be impressed with!...

I must be an 'ol grinch!

Are thry going to ditch one chef tonight?

If they do I'd be worried about Sven

Chef is happy!

I love the presentation!

I'd have to say Brian and Jamie....

Stained handkerchief - you can keep:eek::eek:

Stained handkerchief - you can keep:eek::eek:

Queasy type then keps??....:D:D:D

So it's all three though to next Tuesday

So it's all three though to next Tuesday

Tuesday keps!!....:):):)

• Advertisement

God can't decide between them

Tuesday keps!!....:):):)

That's a date -

but I do have a lunch in Forest Avenue at 1.30pm -and hope I don't fall by the wayside .....:pac::pac:

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    God can't decide between them

Sven fell a bit off the pace tonight- he will need to up his game to win

That's a date -

but I do have a lunch in Forest Avenue at 1.30pm -and hope I don't fall by the wayside .....:pac::pac:

We want the gossip and pics.....:D

And we'll tell you what you missed!!..;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watching back now without having read any of tonight's comments.

First thought (about 5 minutes in) is that this show has become less about the actual cooking and all about the chat and the fillers and the music and the "mood" - did they even ask the contestants what they were cooking for their "best meal EV-ER"? Never mind actually show them cooking it. Very disappointing.

I know it's coming towards the end and they want to get to the fancy restaurant, wherever it is - but they could make a nod towards the fact that it's a (or used to be a) cookery programme.

Jaysus, Sven :eek: Can't fault the boy on his imagination anyway.....

That tasting menu.....

Cod throat - euwww! Now maybe if you hadn't told me it was throat.... just sounds utterly revolting!

Not a seafood fan, but that squid and pepper mousse sounds fantastic!

Herb raviolis? Really??? How were they cooked - I never saw them in a pot of boiling water, that's for sure.... hmmm, jury still out on that one!

Tomatoes - can't even comment as I'm borderline allergic to the things, cannot STAND them! I'm getting through this bit by thinking of them as bits of watermelon....

(Side note - what's that cheffy person saying for each course? Firing 25 whatevers? What's that mean :confused:)

White fish dish - just no. Reminds me of revolting meals of fish boiled in milk that my aunt used to have down the country when we were kids. Uch!

Mmmmmm, that steak! Now you're talking! Looks absolutely gorgeous. BUT.... ah here now.... "if you didn't tell me the blue cheese was there, I wouldn't know" "Exactly, is that the brilliance of the dish?" Puh-lease! Those guys lost me right there. BULL****!

Spiced peach - meh, don't quite get what they're all so excited about. Think that's one that you'd have to be there and eating to appreciate.

Love, love, love the hankie idea - now that IS clever beyond belief!

Haha, had to laugh at them all necking a beer after service! Bet that's not a normal occurrence in that kitchen......

OK, read back through the comments after seeing the episode.
    Brian has moved way ahead in the pecking order

Oh yes, I think he might be my favourite now. Followed about a millimetre behind by Jamie. Sven has suddenly turned into the back marker. Didn't see that happening!
    Actually that's a gimmick I wouldn't be impressed with!..

I must be an 'ol grinch!
    Which gimmick was that?
    That's a date -

I had brunch there fairly recently - wouldn't be rushing back - twas interesting alright, but their coffee was AWFUL (absolutely cardinal sin in my book, especially on a late Sunday morning!). Maybe I'm not cut out for these fancy schmancy places. Will be very interested in hearing another opinion on it!

Sadly it's looking like I might be in a pub next Tuesday for the final. But I'll be catching up later, as per usual :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I thought them drinking bottles of Heiniken at the end was funny. As beers go its bland and totally tasteless. Basque country has some excellent small brewerys and cider producers.

Food looked fantastic to me. Pure art.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Red Kev wrote: »
    Food looked fantastic to me. Pure art.
    Marcus thought so, too.

I was hoping (but, to be honest, not expecting) that he might say something like "there's a reason why you don't usually find those things on the same plate".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hmm have to say would give that tasting menu a miss - would love to know how much it would set you back!! Hard to call a winner IMO but I liked Jamie from the start so go Jamie! :)

Advertisement