Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK - The Professionals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

hahaha

We were right

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Sean is very easy on the eye....bless him... :)

George really surprised me- and he has a cheeky grin too:)

Do we really need to see Marcus' Head Chef/Junior Chef praise him every week in the same clip?

I think his eye-easiness could be around for long time yet :P

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    I think his eye-easiness could be around for long time yet :P

Very Nadal look going on.......:D - and he cooks 'n all!!....:pac:

Ouch!!!..... :(

I actually though George would get a wild card and the three of them would go through!!!....

Me too - I was actually just typing -'I bet all 3 get through' when the result was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Very Nadal look going on.......:D - and he cooks 'n all!!....:pac:

I said exactly the same thing :)
    Apparently I mentioned Marcus eyes with a misty expression, so I've been accused of only watching masterchef for the eye candy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

He's tonight's Sven!
    Do we really need to see Marcus' Head Chef/Junior Chef praise him every week in the same clip?

Was just thinking exactly this! It's starting to wear thin already and it's only week 2.

Also puzzled by the third round - we see Marcus cooking something, and then they give the contestants the same ingredients (fair enough) but what they decide to cook might be nothing whatsoever like what Marcus did. Is his meant to be the definitive dish? Do they get bonus points if they happen to cook something similar? What's the point in (sort of) watching him cooking a dish and then the contestants doing something different altogether? I'm sure this round with Michel used to require them to follow his recipe - that made sense.

(I couldn't help thinking a bit subversively when Marcus was listing out the ingredients and he mentioned the bread last - wonder what would happen if someone served up a fried pigeon sandwich :eek::D)

Also fair play to ye for not posting a spoiler as to who left - I was nearly afraid to go through the posts to get to the "reply" button!

Now, back to see what pigeon dishes they dream up ........

Hah, if I'd read ye're posts right, I would've guessed who went out :D

Think he was a bit hard done by in fairness.

Anyone else slightly fearful of Sean's "get to the quarter-final and LET LOOSE" comment? :eek:

Wonder how the poor other fella's leg is? Will he get another go? Major bummer that he was cooking his favourite meat and that his meal sounded fanastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Also puzzled by the third round - we see Marcus cooking something, and then they give the contestants the same ingredients (fair enough) but what they decide to cook might be nothing whatsoever like what Marcus did. Is his meant to be the definitive dish? Do they get bonus points if they happen to cook something similar? What's the point in (sort of) watching him cooking a dish and then the contestants doing something different altogether? I'm sure this round with Michel used to require them to follow his recipe - that made sense.

I like this challenge much more than previous years, it was always the same result. Contestants were given a vague description of how to cook Michel's classic. In the 3/4 years since I've been watching it no one ever replicated it exactly and it never really told you much about the contestant. It really was just more about showcasing Michel's favourites (Which were amazing!).

I felt so much better with my baking after seeing the dogs dinner of some of the tarts last night!... :)

Feel sorry for the poor lad who limped off...to get so far and then to be carried out... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Sean and sven cooking tonight
    My idea of heaven :)

Ugh...the smelly left-over round....

Egg-fried rice....not the best maybe...the chicken looks a bit rank...

Egg-fried rice....not the best maybe...the chicken looks a bit rank...

It all looks a bit rank, tbh!

Not sure I'd fancy the challenge, nor the idea of eating any of the dishes produced.

If they don't all wind up on their knees bowing to Sven by the end of it I'll be very surprised. "Oh look, your table is soooo tidy and clean" Puke! (But he's still gorgeous)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It all looks a bit rank, tbh! Yip!!

If they don't all wind up on their knees bowing to Sean by the end of it I'll be very surprised. "Oh look, your table is soooo tidy and clean" Puke! (But he's still gorgeous)

:D:D:D...

I'm not really into Sven's "dolly dimples"....I'll have to fly Sean's banner for now!!.....;)

Monica must feel like the "woman supreme" in the kitchen this weather....

• Advertisement

:D:D:D...

I'm not really into Sven's "dolly dimples"....I'll have to fly Sean's banner for now!!.....;)

Monica must feel like the "woman supreme" in the kitchen this weather....

Gah, I meant Sven! Will go back and edit, just for the record :D

I find it hard to get excited about tripe....I used to get it for the doggie to build him up for the shooting season....

Marcus will end up having Sven's babies at this stage...

Mark looks like he lost half the dish on the way out of the kitchen...

Mark looks like he lost half the dish on the way out of the kitchen...
    They didn't look terribly keen putting their forkfuls of Mark's meal in their mouths......

Is Monica been overly critical of Sean?....

My eyes must be blinkered!!... :)

I think he's safe for now..

Sean's dish looked like a greasy mess to me.... sorry!

Globs of fat all over it :eek:

Monica is going to crucify this lad...

Monica is going to crucify this lad...
    If there's anything left after Marcus is finished with him!

• Advertisement

Jamie could be the dark horse in this....

Advertisement