Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shareplay to become available 28/10/14

Options
  • 24-10-2014 10:34am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks, I had a little look into Shareplay which is out in the new 2.0 firmaware released next week so maybe we could have this as an informative thread for other users on here?

Anyway, I see that you can share a game to your friend for an hour.
    So lets say I was playing Fifa 14, would this mean we could play 2 player against each other or what exactly does Shareplay do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ok folks, I had a little look into Shareplay which is out in the new 2.0 firmaware released next week so maybe we could have this as an informative thread for other users on here?

Anyway, I see that you can share a game to your friend for an hour.
    So lets say I was playing Fifa 14, would this mean we could play 2 player against each other or what exactly does Shareplay do?

I thought it was more like instead of you playing single-player, your mate could log in and take over for you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RedXIV wrote: »
    I thought it was more like instead of you playing single-player, your mate could log in and take over for you?

Yeah I cant find too much info cos the proxy blocks all in here so I am a bit unsure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

No I think Johnny is right. It's supposed to work as if the 2 players were on a sofa together but it'll be over the network. It's limited to an hours play.

I'd be very surprised if it runs smoothly with the fragile state of PSN as it is.

Are developers going to allow users to download sections of games free for share play too?!

So many questions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What's the technology behind it?
    If it's Gaikai then the guest would not need to install any game files but there may be lag depending on the latency between host and guest.

Interesting feature though, I look forward to trying it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Can't see it being viable with Irish broadband..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Spazdarn wrote: »
    Can't see it being viable with Irish broadband..

Anyone with cable broadband or a fibre connection over the phone lines should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

lertsnim wrote: »
    Anyone with cable broadband or a fibre connection over the phone lines should be ok.

I'd say anything over 10mb and it should work well enough....

It is part using the Gakai tech afaik....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

People on GAF reporting good things about this.

Someone in Ireland said playing Towerfall from a PS4 in Canada 'worked great'.

Don't have a PS4 yet but wish I did to try this out. Apparently it's not just for two player games - you can play a friend's single player games too. It seems it works for pretty much any game except those that need the PS camera.

Advertisement