Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contour roam HD more zoom please!

• 24-10-2014 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi, I was hoping someone one here might be able to help me regards getting more zoom with a contour roam hd head camera.
    Basically I find it difficult to make out small objects at anything past 20 meters. Is there any attachment I can add onto the camera to improve quality at longer distances up to 70 meters approx??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sniper83 wrote: »
    Hi, I was hoping someone one here might be able to help me regards getting more zoom with a contour roam hd head camera.
    Basically I find it difficult to make out small objects at anything past 20 meters. Is there any attachment I can add onto the camera to improve quality at longer distances up to 70 meters approx??

Unfortunately not, well not that I have come across with this camera. They're built to show a lot, but unfortunately the drawback is that objects at any kind of distance will be tiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

yep thats what I find with it, I did manage to find a company in the US that sell aftermarket lens so I am thinking of upgrading to an 8mm/12mm one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sniper83 wrote: »
    yep thats what I find with it, I did manage to find a company in the US that sell aftermarket lens so I am thinking of upgrading to an 8mm/12mm one

Is that company ragecams? Horrendously over priced for what they sell, and 8mm is still going to be very wide!

Can I ask what you are using this camera for? Action cams all come with very wide angle lenses, which give the very far away affect, and that really is their purpose!

For the price of the replacement lens, you could buy a different camera most likely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

yes its ragecams, 130-170 bucks depending on type of lens you go for:eek:. They do a 16mm as well but it's not supposed to be great if theres a lot of head movement. I mainly use it for hunting on foot so I am on the move a lot.

Advertisement