Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Memberships

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DiegoWorst

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Well I'm 29 so that sounds very interesting. How does Slade Valley compare with hazel Grove?

Hazel Grove is a 9 hole course on the side of a hill.
    Slade is a better course, but I'd say there are better courses in the area that fit your budget. e.g. At 29 I think you can get into Beech Park for €695 (under 30s rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭bustercherry

PARlance wrote: »
    Yip but about 300 above his budget of 800.
    (I was out there this morning, it's in nice shape, a course I really like)

I said if he can stretch to 1,000-1,100 then the likes of Lisheen, Beech Park, Castlewarden & Naas come into the equation. Plenty of good tracks at that price.

Surely it's pro-rata? So for 10 months its 800 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Well I'm 29 so that sounds very interesting. How does Slade Valley compare with hazel Grove?

Slade Valley would be 625 + 20 for insurance for 29. Never played Hazel Grove but I enjoy Slade Valley, no long holes on it though which suits me as I'm by no means a big hitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Russman

Far better than Hazel Grove.

IMHO its a very underrated track. I'd say quite a bit better than middle of the road but a lot tougher than some of the "nicer" courses. There's about 4 poor holes on it and plenty of very good ones. Obviously I'm slightly biased, but I think you'd go a long way to find a tougher back nine to hold a score together on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Surely it's pro-rata? So for 10 months its 800 ;)

Well it's 1,080 a year, so my maths say 10 months = 900 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Russman

Do clubs usually pro-rata annual subs if you join mid-year ??

Russman wrote: »
    Do clubs usually pro-rata annual subs if you join mid-year ??

Yip a lot of clubs discount their annual sub throughout the year and I think Lisheen operate as a flat 90 per month.

The offers are generally reserved to new members to avoid people skipping winter etc.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Yip a lot of clubs discount their annual sub throughout the year and I think Lisheen operate as a flat 90 per month.

The offers are generally reserved to new members to avoid people skipping winter etc.1

You should be banned for a week for throwing in random grenades like that on a golf forum

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

DiegoWorst wrote: »
    Hazel Grove is a 9 hole course on the side of a hill.
    Slade is a better course, but I'd say there are better courses in the area that fit your budget. e.g. At 29 I think you can get into Beech Park for €695 (under 30s rate)
    Slade Valley is an 18 hole course on the side of several larger hills, sorry just had to. I was a member there before moving house i loved the place and some great holes the 3rd a dogleg has to be the ultimate short par 4 risk and reward hole. The deals there for under 35's are excellent...does it warrant a thread on ageism. Me and me idealism.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Well I was working of the 1000 mark and being already into March :)

Have they done away with the chipping green and bunker? Looked like that the last time I was there.

Well I was working of the 1000 mark and being already into March :)

Have they done away with the chipping green and bunker? Looked like that the last time I was there.

Your asking a guy that arrives 1 min before tee time!

Didn't even know there was a practice bunker there at all tbh, I presume that's the area to the right as you drive in (opposite clubhouse). That area was fenced off but they look like they are doing work there. Quite a bit of activity out on course too.

The major change that I noticed was the that they've got rid of the bunker that to the left of the 13th green, the one that ran into the pond... They've completely removed the bunker there and built up the bank of the pond. Looks good now, it looked shabby the last time I played there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

the lawman wrote: »
    I'm totally biased here but you could also throw Rathcore in Enfield into the mix. You can't go wrong with the quality of the course and the members there.

Drop me a PM and I'll get you out there for a free round and see what you think.

If Moyvalley is too far then Rathcore probably is too. Fantastic course though and sneaky tough, pity it's that little bit out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Milkers wrote: »
    If Moyvalley is too far then Rathcore probably is too. Fantastic course though and sneaky tough, pity it's that little bit out of the way.

Only played it once and liked it. Off the beaten track alright and I wadn't sure about the drainage but very enjoyable. Must give it another go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads moving to the Tallaght/clondalkin area of Dublin in the coming weeks and I'm looking to join a club around that area. I'm already a member of a club on the west coast if that makes any difference?

Any recommendations?

So I finally made it to Dublin.
    Not around for the next few weekends but if anyone fancies a few holes during the week after work send me a PM.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

So I finally made it to Dublin.
    Not around for the next few weekends but if anyone fancies a few holes during the week after work send me a PM.
    Morning, welcome to Ath cliath, not sure if you joined anywhere you were looking at Slade Valley earlier in the Thread. Living in Tallaght/Clondalkin Blessington Lakes represents good value but needs to be weighed off against a 3o minute journey time. The course is a 9 holer with alternative tees. Its quite long at 6,850 yards and is meticulously maintained with brilliant greens all year round. Needless to say i am a member there so slightly biased. Have a look at the website and the fixtures list at 600 notes it is seriously good value.

I'm working in Tallaght but I've just moved into a house in Templeogue.
    I'm hoping to play a few courses before looking at membership.
    Citywest hotel seem to have a good deal on at the moment, has anyone played there?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Grand, thanks.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to play a few and see how I get on!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement