Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v. Chelsea, 26/10/14, SS1 16:00 - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder what Mourinho will say/do to get the focus on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'd be thumping if I was a Chelsea fan...the penalty and now that dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Soft free, unbelievable really. Utd were done and were blessed a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Lukker- wrote: »
    That's a dive, Di Maria has been at it all day.

Not a dive but never a booking either and the first one he got wasn't even a foul

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Chelsea robbed there. No way was that a sending off either!

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Delighted with the result and delighted Mourinho's defensive tactics got done again in Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Gutted with a draw , Chelsea should have taken all 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Utd supporters celebrating this like a win, more dropped points for them!
    Lol bitter or what? Draw was the deserved result anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

United definitely deserved something from the game; sure the manner of the goal wasn't without some controversy, but feck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Mmmmm bitter lemons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

sometimes Mourinho needs to just go for it. If you hand over the momentum to them they're eventually going to score. Schurrle needed to start instead of Drogba.

Very poor performance, Chelsea need to play a lot better against Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Proper performance there from United, be harsh to call it an undeserved point.
    Chelsea were as cynical as I've ever seen them and it bit them in the arse eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Chelsea have walked a tight line with bookings all game. They have been cynical all the time and Ivanovic deserved to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

edgecutter wrote: »
    Delighted with the result and delighted Mourinho's defensive tactics got done again in Manchester.

Got done? How is an away point getting done? So teams dropping home points is a victory? Right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I said before a hand a draw wasnt a bad result but to leave one in with the last kick off the game is a joke.

Ivan killed us.

I stand by what i said, Utd will make top 4 this year. Theyre to good not to and LVG is a good manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Proper performance there from United, be harsh to call it an undeserved point.
    Chelsea were as cynical as I've ever seen them and it bit them in the arse eventually.

I think Mourinho picked up his tactics on systematic fouling from the Meath team of the late 80s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Lol at the robbed nonsense. Draw was the fair result. Ivanovic spent the game hacking away at United players. You make 5/6 fouls in a game, you're running the risk.

Must be noted that Rafael was on best behaviour for 80 mins. Seems to have matured. Fair play to RVP. Needed a big game after his poor run of goalscoring form and he looked miles sharper today. Still loads to come from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

tumblr_l9i3ucVqLV1qc073co1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

There's one.

Should have got on.

Lucky you didn't.

Mugs game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Delighted, Utd deserved the point and Fellani played well. Roll on City!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Can't do anything but repeat what is being said, robbery is the best word for it. Still utterly ridiculous from Ivanovic when Di Maria is so obviously going nowhere.

However I'm going to stay positive. Before the weekend started if somebody had told me we would end the weekend with our lead over City extending by a point despite going to OT without our two best strikers I'd have been quite ecstatic. The development of the side continues, Matic is becoming such an integral part of these big games, Filipe Luis did well, Drogba was quite sublime at times as is Hazard, Courtois is, imo, the best goalkeeper on the planet at present. The manner of throwing away 3 points is frustrating but overall the actual results this weekend have been positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

cartman-tears.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wonder what Mourinho will say/do to get the focus on him.

productimage.php?type=large&dbid=3368

Mourinho was happy to defend the one goal lead. Chelsea players wasting time with 5 mins left. Without that second goal it was always dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Mourinho was happy to defend the one goal lead. Chelsea players wasting time with 5 mins left. Without that second goal it was always dangerous.

Exactly this.

Utd were there for the taking, Donegal preferred to defend and get men behind the ball.

Looked a soft free though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Deserved draw. Chelsea really threw it away. Utd were rocking and instead of killing them off they retreated into their shell. It's one flaw you can have of Mourinho's he's too bloody conservative and sometimes it really does end up costing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Can't do anything but repeat what is being said, robbery is the best word for it. Still utterly ridiculous from Ivanovic when Di Maria is so obviously going nowhere.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Neville's attempts to remain unbiased today were quite annoying. Smalling on Ivanovic was never a 'clear' penalty despite it being shown from several angles after the incident.

Also found it strange how he gave MOTM to Courtois as he did nothing that De Gea didn't do except he hadn't conceded before Utd got the equaliser.

Neville is at his worst when commentating on Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Mmmmm bitter lemons

Mr_Red wrote: »
    tumblr_l9i3ucVqLV1qc073co1_400.gif
    Billy86 wrote: »
    cartman-tears.gif

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Mmmmm bitter lemons

Calm down ladies, I don't follow any Premiership team nor am I 'bitter'. No need to be so precious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I would have loved a dodgy peno to level it up though to be honest.
    Ye lemonade would have been delicious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

rarnes1 wrote: »

They were going nowhere. Done. Chelsea were actually still positive when they went 1-0 up and were the better team.

• Lol at the robbed nonsense. Draw was the fair result. Ivanovic spent the game hacking away at United players. You make 5/6 fouls in a game, you're running the risk.

Must be noted that Rafael was on best behaviour for 80 mins. Seems to have matured. Fair play to RVP. Needed a big game after his poor run of goalscoring form and he looked miles sharper today. Still loads to come from him.

Opposing fans trying take credibility away from the result. A draw was well deserved. If we had have taken our chances in the first half we could have won it.

On chelsea.. Costa was a massive loss for them, were unlucky not to get a peno in the first half but in fairness to the ref thats probably the only decision he got wrong

I was disappointed with di Maria's perfomance but lvgs decision to start feleni was a good one. He had a stormer and broke up the play, fabregas was nullified

On januzaj..still think he needs a season on lone

As for hazard...he's just class. Only for a wonder save by De gea he would have scored a stunner

Anyway, in a nutshell a fair result overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have no faith in RVP in the form he is at the moment. Hopefully he can find some form today but it's unlikely. I expect an easy Chelsea win. 3-1/3-0

Note to self: Never listen to this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Think we can clear up the diving accusations after those replays...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

In fairness, Utd played their socks off and that's the best performance I've seen from them for along time. The draw is probably the right result overall.

What I meant when I said robbed was that the manner of the equaliser looked dubious. Again, the replays show it was a foul, even if accidental.

I agree that Jose's tactics were risky by not going for asecond even in the last ten minutes.

Ah well, it was a good match and it's good to see Utd starting to look like a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Funny really us Chelsea fans questioning the Drog United fans questioning RVP ah well thems the break.

Red was at best soft but United going for top 4 so great result for them we are 6 clear of our main challengers and three very hard away matches out of the way. Could be worse if your blue.

Felt sorry for Mata (After he was subbed) he is no more in tune with United than TSHO's Chelsea seems such a lovely guy and in the right system a great player, still thanks for the 38mil guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Funny really us Chelsea fans questioning the Drog United fans questioning RVP ah well thems the break.

Red was at best soft but United going for top 4 so great result for them we are 6 clear of our main challengers and three very hard away matches out of the way. Could be worse if your blue.

Felt sorry for Mata (After he was subbed) he is no more in tune with United than TSHO's Chelsea seems such a lovely guy and in the right system a great player, still thanks for the 38mil guys.
    The second yellow was a yellow by today's standards; the first one though, was incredibly harsh.

True but New Webb really should have used some common sense. Still he was at the tunnel end so may have been distracted by the smell of pies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

blueser wrote: »
    The second yellow was a yellow by today's standards; the first one though, was incredibly harsh.

The first one was a yellow because he was mouthing off, not because of his foul

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I could be wrong but it looked like the first yellow was for dissent. I don't think the second was a yellow because I didn't think there was intent.

But it doesn't matter a fcuk what I think! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

True but New Webb really should have used some common sense. Still he was at the tunnel end so may have been distracted by the smell of pies

He's a hefty unit

<mod snip - no PL vines>

Ugh. Geoff Shreeves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Fair enough. I was watching the analysis with the sound down as I was on the phone at the time.

He sure is by his standards today that was a straight red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Common sense? Bull. This crap of a yellow card foul not being a yellow just because a player's already in the book is something that needs to be taken out of the game. A bookable offence is a bookable offence full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Well deserved point for Utd. The face on Mourinho when Utd scored was priceless :)

We know the first was for dissent how? By aka Wedd's standard today it was for the challenge because it was not a foul nothing at all should have been given. But it been given a booking was always following PROOF it was for dissent would be interesting

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Common sense? Bull. This crap of a yellow card foul not being a yellow just because a player's already in the book is something that needs to be taken out of the game. A bookable offence is a bookable offence full stop.

Maybe but the first wasn't even a foul so go figure

Anyone else notice Phil Dowds gut?

Fair play being able to get around like he does but jaysus

• Advertisement

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Well deserved point for Utd. The face on Mourinho when Utd scored was priceless :)

That's because he really really wants the United job

Advertisement