Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v. Chelsea, 26/10/14, SS1 16:00 - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

We know the first was for dissent how? By aka Wedd's standard today it was for the challenge because it was not a foul nothing at all should have been given. But it been given a booking was always following PROOF it was for dissent would be interesting

Because Reilly was walking away and then turned back around and booked him after he couldnt keep his mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Because Reilly was walking away and then turned back around and booked him after he couldnt keep his mouth shut.

So again PROOF please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It never gets old to see Mourinho throw away a game trying to win it 1-0. Chelsea deserved the points too, but the reluctance to go for it cost them.

The red card is of little relevance, he had 40 minutes to push home the lead and chose not to.

So again PROOF please

Yeah, ill have the lawyer come around with the documents all drawn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

He got sent off in the 94th minute. It was a free anyway. His sending off dosent mean anything

• Advertisement

He got sent off in the 94th minute. It was a free anyway. His sending off dosent mean anything

He wasnt there to defend the free kick, that matters

Well done that must be the daftest post of the year congrats you must be so proud

How do you know he would have been in the right place? There was still 10 other players there. Nothing could have been done about it.

Well done that must be the daftest post of the year congrats you must be so proud

Hardly. Why?

Yeah, ill have the lawyer come around with the documents all drawn up.

So no proof then. You can try to be as condescending as you want but aka Webb booked Hazard form 50m away so proximity to player means didly squat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If and buts. It's done, Chelsea should have put us to the sword and they didn't!

Hardly. Why?

Don't know much about this football lark do you. A defender gets sent off the defending side concedes for the first time in 90 odd minutes could it be linked. I do suggest you watch a few games now and then old boy.

So no proof then. You can try to be as condescending as you want but aka Webb booked Hazard form 50m away so proximity to player means didly squat

What inane babble is this?

Really, one guy saying a defender being missing wouldnt have affected the defending of a free kick and this other one demanding to see a copy of the Referees report.

Anyone watching the game could see what happened, its not our job to provide you with paint by numbers instructions so you can understand the most basic of things.

Also, it really doesnt matter how far Webb was away from Hazard as he wasnt the Referee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ivanovic is an animal, now way would he have let them score had he been on the pitch...quit foolin'

What inane babble is this?

Really, one guy saying a defender being missing wouldnt have affected the defending of a free kick and this other one demanding to see a copy of the Referees report.

Anyone watching the game could see what happened, its not our job to provide you with paint by numbers instructions so you can understand the most basic of things.

Also, it really doesnt matter how far Webb was away from Hazard as he wasnt the Referee.

Read the posts it was said the first yellow was for dissent for me aka Webb was going to his pocket all along what's the issue short attention span perchance

Don't know much about this football lark do you. A defender gets sent off the defending side concedes for the first time in 90 odd minutes could it be linked. I do suggest you watch a few games now and then old boy.

Thanks chum.

Ok let's just say he didn't get sent off, for the foul. How do you know he would have beat Fellaini in the air, or beat van persie pouncing on the ball?? Or even been in that area and not blocking the cross??

Read the posts it was said the first yellow was for dissent for me aka Webb was going to his pocket all along what's the issue short attention span perchance

Im getting accused of having a short attention span by someone who cant remember who was the Referee of the game that finished no more than an hour ago.

Im out, someone else can clean up this train wreck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drogba had a very good game, Hazard was good as well, Fabregas poor.

For United I thought Fellaini, RVP and Smalling did well. Di Maria was very poor.

What's this aka Webb about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

What has Webb got to of with today ?

• Advertisement

Thanks chum.

Ok let's just say he didn't get sent off, for the foul. How do you know he would have beat Fellaini in the air, or beat van persie pouncing on the ball?? Or even been in that area and not blocking the cross??

Ever heard of precedence. Had not all game with Ivan on the pitch and they do when he is not.

Have you ever heard the kiddies song "one of these things is not like the other"

Im getting accused of having a short attention span by someone who cant remember who was the Referee of the game that finished no more than an hour ago.

Im out, someone else can clean up this train wreck.

Also accused of not reading posts in which I posted just as Ivan get red Dowd aka Webb. Yep attention span is quite useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

What's this aka Webb about?
    Soups123 wrote: »
    What has Webb got to of with today ?
    They are looking to blame anyone but themselves. No surprise. I see they are also b1tching about Smalling swinging out of someones neck, but conveniently ignoring Terry roughing players up in the build-up to the corner.

United fighting to the very end, how it should be. A fair result.

Ever heard of precedence. Had not all game with Ivan on the pitch and they do when he is not.

Have you ever heard the kiddies song "one of these things is not like the other"

You are literally clutching at straws, old boy.
    You're Webb thing is ridiculous, so bitter.
    Clutching at straws with him not being on the field. It's not like he had been sent off for the last 20 minutes and United attacked his side of the pitch. He was sent off for the last kick of the game.
    Sure, he may have been standing there where the ball was, but what would the odds of that be? Why didn't someone else stand there?

Johner wrote: »
    Drogba had a very good game, Hazard was good as well, Fabregas poor.

For United I thought Fellaini, RVP and Smalling did well. Di Maria was very poor.

Thought Di Maria worked very hard said a few days ago would be interesting to see how he would do having to track as there would be a threat down his side. Thought he did ok Fellaini did well had a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Also accused of not reading posts in which I posted just as Ivan get red Dowd aka Webb. Yep attention span is quite useful

Hahahahahahahahaha this thing you have about dowd is brilliant. Looks so pathetic and childish.

He got sent off in the last 30 seconds, there is nothing Ivan could have done about anything. Curtois could have parried the ball elsewhere?

Phoenix wrote: »
    what are you on about?it was a fair result in the end,people are annoyed at the refs decisions
    You are agreeing with me then. Good stuff.

You are literally clutching at straws, old boy.
    You're Webb thing is ridiculous, so bitter.
    Clutching at straws with him not being on the field. It's not like he had been sent off for the last 20 minutes and United attacked his side of the pitch. He was sent off for the last kick of the game.
    Sure, he may have been standing there where the ball was, but what would the odds of that be? Why didn't someone else stand there?

Not very good at maths neither are you 10 is a smaller number than 11

Ever heard of Brian Clough? How long does it take to score a goal?

Clutching at straws no we are still top and have a much better chance of being there at the end of the season when compared to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Not very good at maths neither are you 10 is a smaller number than 11

Ever heard of Brian Clough? How long does it take to score a goal?

Clutching at straws no we are still top and have a much better chance of being there at the end of the season when compared to United.

It takes a split second to score. Whats the point? That's what I'm saying to you about how his sending off didn't matter. It was a scrappy goal.

Yes, Chelsea will win the league? I hope so. I have money on them.

So why didn't anyone else defend the cross better? Or would you prefer to blame Ivan? You're point is ridiculous and you seem so bitter.

Phoenix wrote: »
    the first part which I had bolded is where we disagree cos its nonsense
    I appreciate you personally were honest in your posts but there are others who are looking to blame the ref, blaming ADM for diving, and referencing the penalty claim. They are the fans I'm referring to.

The ref was awful did Di Maria dive don't know he was going nowhere so if he felt anything the obvious thing to do was go down, he is a professional fair game. The penalty claim should not have been a claim it was a penalty. Good game overall involving two decent teams.

But anyway you look at it the ref was awful. Now to show absolutely no bias I have opened a nice bottle of red which I will really enjoy.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

pablo128 wrote: »
    I appreciate you personally were honest in your posts but there are others who are looking to blame the ref, blaming ADM for diving, and referencing the penalty claim. They are the fans I'm referring to.

Pretty much all the Chelsea fans have said the result was fair by now so I think that's why Phoenix was questioning what you're trying to get at.

I don't think we're trying to "blame" anyone for getting a point at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Aka Webb gave plenty of free kicks to Chelsea for falling over with little to no contact. The ref didn't play nearly as much a part as people are trying to make out.

• Advertisement

It takes a split second to score. Whats the point? That's what I'm saying to you about how his sending off didn't matter. It was a scrappy goal.

Yes, Chelsea will win the league? I hope so. I have money on them.

So why didn't anyone else defend the cross better? Or would you prefer to blame Ivan? You're point is ridiculous and you seem so bitter.

The point which you quite clearly deliberately miss or are oblivious to is being a player down in a flooded area leaves the short team at a disadvantage. Do you really not understand that 10 is less than 11. That means the other team had a man extra, which gives them an advantage - is this registering.

Aka Webb gave plenty of free kicks to Chelsea for falling over with little to no contact. The ref didn't play nearly as much a part as people are trying to make out.

Not giving a stick on penalty and a really soft red against one team hmmm yea he played no part really your right

The point which you quite clearly deliberately miss or are oblivious to is being a player down in a flooded area leaves the short team at a disadvantage. Do you really not understand that 10 is less than 11. That means the other team had a man extra, which gives them an advantage - is this registering.

It's not me, it's you. Enjoy your wine bbz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You know you're losing a argument when you have to resort to Webb brown envelopes

It's not me, it's you. Enjoy your wine bbz

Now that we do agree on :-) (the wine bit), was a good game though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not giving a stick on penalty and a really soft red against one team hmmm yea he played no part really your right

I didn't say he played no part.

I didn't say he played no part.

So what are you saying - any unbiased view would be he had a major impact on the game. That really is not unusual at OT in big games just the way it is sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

10 against 11 is an advantage in open play rather then flooded areas

If you had of said " they were missing a defender then i might agree but you didnt so i wont

What's aka Webb mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Looks a free to me

B05MCz6CcAAvdHe.jpg

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What's aka Webb mean?

He thinks phil dowd is Webb, because of that lazy United connection.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What's aka Webb mean?

It's a long way back now just a comment that Dowd has taken over the mantle of Webb thus Dowd aka Webb. Obviously Dowd wants a senior job in reffing circles when he retires.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Looks a free to me

B05MCz6CcAAvdHe.jpg

Could be a metre between boots there like trying to judge offside from a front view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness utd have been ****ed over this season so they deserved a few dodgy decisions.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness utd have been ****ed over this season so they deserved a few dodgy decisions.

Classic niallo

I actually have grown a respect for you even though I don't agree with what ur saying most of the time lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement