Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v. Chelsea, 26/10/14, SS1 16:00 - Mod Note in OP

18910111214»

Comments

He thinks phil dowd is Webb, because of that lazy United connection.
    It's a long way back now just a comment that Dowd has taken over the mantle of Webb thus Dowd aka Webb. Obviously Dowd wants a senior job in reffing circles when he retires.

Ah right, thought it was some in joke that I missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Anybody have an idea how many fouls Ivanovic made? He was booked for his 3rd foul of the game, wasn't booked for hauling down Januzaj on the edge of the box, and I'm sure he made more. You can't complain when that happens. Persistent fouling is a thing.

And there'll be plenty of times this season that Terry or Ivanovic himself get away with a wrestling move at a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm still laughing at that eejit who rang into today fm on Saturday and said United would be stuffed 4-0 and fabregas would play up front

Oh the lolz

Hazard was brilliant tonight, and Di Maria was kept v quiet.

Good game, positives and negatives a plenty for both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Johner wrote: »
    Drogba had a very good game, Hazard was good as well, Fabregas poor.

For United I thought Fellaini, RVP and Smalling did well. Di Maria was very poor.

I'm not sure if we were watching the same game, he offered absolutely nothing apart from the goal, though that's all that mattered in the end.

Looking back at the would-be penalty, it could have been given either for Smalling's Randy Orton on Ivanovic or Rojo attempting to mug Terry.

Not what lost Chelsea 2 points though, lack of imagination from Mourinho did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Could be a metre between boots there like trying to judge offside from a front view.

Jesus. You do talk some shıte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm not sure if we were watching the same game, he offered absolutely nothing apart from the goal, though that's all that mattered in the end.

Thought he did well to be honest, a lot better than I thought he would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Johner wrote: »
    Thought he did well to be honest, a lot better than I thought he would.
    Credit where it's due, he didn't spend the match diving like he used to. I could actually find myself liking him if he continues like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Blue giant wrote: »
    Jesus. You do talk some shıte.

Ok from a side view please explain how you calculate the distance from Ivan to Di Maria? To the nearest cm would be fine for me. As a professional engineer I am intrigued how you calculate this dimension from that angle.

Or perhaps I am not the one talking ****e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ok from a side view please explain how you calculate the distance from Ivan to Di Maria? To the nearest cm would be fine for me. As a professional engineer I am intrigued how you calculate this dimension from that angle.

Just watch it back again at some point, he clips his heel, I am not certain it was intentional, but he does catch him. SSN will be your friend at 10pm if you need to see the contact again.

• Advertisement

0cm. Seeing as he trips him up. Just admit that it was a perfectly legitimate free kick and red card. Not our fault Mourinho's cynical and defensive tactics towards the end cost Chelsea all 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Very simple.

Step 1: Check with the match officials that the sideline and grasslines were within acceptable standards are a 90 degrees to one another.

Step 2: Obtain Di Maria's and Ivan's actual height.

Step 3: Measure their apparent height on the picture, using the side lines and grass lines to determine what's the vertical and horizontal orientation.

Step 4: By comparing the apparent heights of the players to their actual heights you can asses the distance between them. Letting you know how close to being in the same plane they were.

Yay! Science!

kryogen wrote: »
    Just watch it back again at some point, he clips his heel, I am not certain it was intentional, but he does catch him. SSN will be your friend at 10pm if you need to see the contact again.

As I said earlier matters not if Ivan touched him or not he was going nowhere if he felt anything as a pro he had to go down. I have no issue at all with that good professional play, red card though desperate. As for a blurred side on view not exactly sure what that is supposed to clarify, other than someone knows how to take a screenshot I suppose.

As I said earlier matters not if Ivan touched him or not he was going nowhere if he felt anything as a pro he had to go down. I have no issue at all with that good professional play, red card though desperate. As for a blurred side on view not exactly sure what that is supposed to clarify, other than someone knows how to take a screenshot I suppose.

So just what exactly are you moaning about :confused::confused:

Turtwig wrote: »
    Very simple.

Step 1: Check with the match officials that the sideline and grasslines were within acceptable standards are a 90 degrees to one another.

Step 2: Obtain Di Maria's and Ivan's actual height.

Step 3: Measure their apparent height on the picture, using the side lines and grass lines to determine what's the vertical and horizontal orientation.

Step 4: By comparing the apparent heights of the players to their actual heights you can asses the distance between them. Letting you know how close to being in the same plane they were.

Yay! Science!

Too many assumptions regarding height with no reasonable data points to make a valid scaled reference. No inference at all as to calculating and interaction of the angle of their legs and feet in relation to the incident. Good effort though B-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Red card had to be awarded though, a second yellow is a red card

Di Maria had gotten by him and was heading to a crossing position, or possibly an attempt to cut into the box, he was certainly going somewhere.

You can see (or you will see if you watch it again) that Di Maria can do nothing, he is running and he gets his heel clipped. Anybody is going to fall in that situtation

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Red card had to be awarded though, a second yellow is a red card

Di Maria had gotten by him and was heading to a crossing position, or possibly an attempt to cut into the box, he was certainly going somewhere.

You can see (or you will see if you watch it again) that Di Maria can do nothing, he is running and he gets his heel clipped. Anybody is going to fall in that situtation

I am more than happy to accept that, never said nor alluded that Di Maria dived don't think there was much on though. Challenge was clumsy at worst Ivan did stumble himself, even if it was a yellow the first one was at least as harsh. As luck would have it we have Shrewsbury in the Carling Cup on Tuesday, if not we would be heading into our match next week with our starting FB's banned. Now Dave was certainly deserved so no argument there, it may also have cost us 2 points today, all on a pathetic referring performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Late to the thread but...

Is there a more disrespectful referee in the business than Phil Dowd?

The was he brandished the second yellow and red to Ivanovich - what is he like the smug git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

noodler wrote: »

The was he brandished the second yellow and red to Ivanovich - what is he like the smug git.

Clattenburg and particularly Mike Dean look like they enjoy whipping out the cards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Could be a metre between boots there like trying to judge offside from a front view.

Wow. This is probably my favourite post ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I love the salt on this board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

noodler wrote: »

He is a clown. Hate the way he slows down games calling over players to talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He dived. Accept it. **** happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He gets stood on, clear as day. Honestly people see what they want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »
    He dived. Accept it. **** happens

BS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Embarrassing. It's not even debatable. Are you watching the match/highlights on a potato? Clear as day contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

BS.jpg

Best Manc ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,256 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Too many assumptions regarding height with no reasonable data points to make a valid scaled reference. No inference at all as to calculating and interaction of the angle of their legs and feet in relation to the incident. Good effort though B-

If there is a metre between them, then what on earth do you think Ivanovic is doing, going for a run?
    Clearly they are close enough to touch each other, thats kinda the point of defending...to be where the guy with the ball is.

Advertisement