Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v. Chelsea, 26/10/14, SS1 16:00 - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Raf32 wrote: »
    If Chelsea win tomorrow, that should be that. Early enough to be calling it over but 8 points back to their nearest rival is unprecedented at this stage of the season. Going for a draw here though.

Id take a draw. Weve got to go away to Anfield soon so wouldnt be a disaster drawing at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

cant see anything past a chelsea win ( im arsenal) a 0-0 draw would be nice ha ha

Have a sneaky suspicion Utd will win this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I am a bit worried that we're missing Remy, if Costa doesn't make it I have a bad feeling United might sneak it.

I think Costa will play but doubt hes anyway fit enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Have a sneaky suspicion Utd will win this

I am one of the more optimistic on here as regards tomorrow. I think we could win alright, depending on Jose sets his team up and of course we need to defend better but I am, not exactly hugely confident of a victory, but have faith in the team to get the result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Not expecting to get anything from the game but Im very much looking forward to it. If we can keep it on level terms into the last 15 minutes Id fancy us to nick it but tbh I dont see us being able to cope with the midfield Chelsea currently have. Still, Im hoping for a cracker of a game if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jose has had far longer with his players and finely tuning his system than Van Gaal, and doesn't have to deal with a bunch of (so far) second rate defenders tbh

I think United fans in general would take a point now, realising this game is too early in Van Gaal's reign to be good enough to beat them

Jose has had far longer with his players and finely tuning his system than Van Gaal, and doesn't have to deal with a bunch of (so far) second rate defenders tbh

I think United fans in general would take a point now, realising this game is too early in Van Gaal's reign to be good enough to beat them

id take a draw seeing as City lost wouldnt be bad for us either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Jose to go for it this year , should be a comfortable win.

2-0 to Chelsea.

I think Man City losing today takes the pressure of Chelsea, Chelsea lose tomorrow and they are still 5 points clear of Man City (I believe Southampton aren't on the Chelsea list of rivals).

Chelsea can go into tomorrow's game with little pressure, Utd haven't gotten buckets of goals despite the credentials of their forwards and Rooney is a big loss for tomorrow.

Utd will be going into tomorrow feeling some pressure I expect, a win takes them above Arsenal & Liverpool, a draw leaves them where they are in 8th. Chelsea can play to their strengths (midfield and defence) and see do Utd want to have a go. Even at that Fabregas, Willian, Oscar & Hazard are a daunting propect for Utd.

One of the things I take my faith from is that I think Chelsea will attack a bit more then they usually do. This will hopefully leave them exposed to the cutting ball or quick break then when they just sit in and look to pick the other team off.

If Chelsea come and play in a typical Jose away to one of the bigger teams manner I think they will probably get the job done, if not they certainly won't lose, but I think he may want to make a statement and capitalise on the free shot he has been given by Citys slip up and be a bit more positive then he may have otherwise.

Course this could backfire and we could get murdered, but I think its our best chance at getting a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Once Chelsea go for the win tomorrow, and not the 0-0 they played for last year, they'll run out easy winners I think. United can't defend well enough to expect to win this game, if Mourinho goes for it that is. I honestly feel United could be embarrassed along the lines of the home games last year against Liverpool and City.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Once Chelsea go for the win tomorrow, and not the 0-0 they played for last year, they'll run out easy winners I think. United can't defend well enough to expect to win this game, if Mourinho goes for it that is. I honestly feel United could be embarrassed along the lines of the home games last year against Liverpool and City.

Costa is a doubt and Remy injured.

I don't see why it'll be easy for Chelsea tbh

Just checked and Chelsea are 6/4, nice price for people who think it's a sure thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just checked and Chelsea are 6/4, nice price for people who think it's a sure thing.

It easy because Chelsea have fire power and a defence, utd are missing falcao and can't defend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

It easy because Chelsea have fire power and a defence, utd are missing falcao and can't defend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id take a draw. Weve got to go away to Anfield soon so wouldnt be a disaster drawing at Old Trafford.

I wouldn't be too worried about going to Anfield if I was ye...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Missing Falcao?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Missing Falcao?

He is a doubt apparently after someone (we suspect Phil Jones) gave him a knock in training Friday.

I hope its not serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ah for feck sake, hope to Christ he's fit for the game!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The only thing that will stop Chelsea thumping us today is Mourinho's negativity. We can't defend for our lives and van Persie has been poor all season. Can't see us winning today but you never know.

Izzy Brown hs travelled with the Chelsea 1st team today.

Here's hoping fr plenty if stoppages because of injuries! Can't get enough of Eva Carneiro!!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Great start to today :(
    Radamel Falcao a doubt for key Premier League clash

Manchester United may be without Radamel Falcao for their biggest match of the season. The Colombian striker is a serious doubt to face Chelsea after sustaining an injury during training.

His manager, Louis van Gaal, said the only consolation was that the injury was not to his knee. In January, while at Monaco, Falcao tore his anterior cruciate ligament, costing him a place in Colombia’s World Cup squad. United are already without the suspended Wayne Rooney and the last time Falcao faced Chelsea – in the Super Cup playing for Atletico Madrid – he scored a hat-trick.

“On Friday morning he got a kick so we will have to see if he is fit enough,” said Van Gaal. “It is not a knee problem. With Falcao, you have to build him up (to match fitness). I said that when he first came to the club but it is difficult as we were already playing when he arrived.

“But we have played him because I like the way he plays. He hasn’t had any problems since coming here and he has trained with the squad every day.”

Link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

4-2 united.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

9 - 0 United

Feck sake, we needed a fully fit Falcao...

Probably won't start regardless. Bench at the most.

If costa and falcao dont make it, utd have rvp, weve drogba. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The idea of ADM putting in quality for Falcao was something I was looking forward to immensely today. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Chelsea are going to beat us comfortably. Nothing I have seen so far from us this season suggests we can beat them. 1-3

• Advertisement

We've also got this beast...Wilson!

MatureFalseBluejay.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Such an interesting game in terms of how will Mourinho approach it, like everybody I was disappointed with how we went at the game last season but, given how early on in the season the game occurred not even Mourinho could predict how much of a shambles Man Utd under Moyes would be.

The rumor is that Costa will start, even if he isn't fully fit he could run riot today, the Chelsea side has the balance, it has the jaw-dropping talent, the brute force and the blistering pace to go to Old Trafford today and play like champions.

The rumor is that Costa will start, even if he isn't fully fit he could run riot today, the Chelsea side has the balance, it has the jaw-dropping talent, the brute force and the blistering pace to go to Old Trafford today and play like champions.

From past experience when Costa plays not fully fit he can be anonymous. It could be a decision that backfires if Mourinho gambles on his fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

NUTZZ wrote: »
    From past experience when Costa plays not fully fit he can be anonymous.

Or on the treatment table after 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well balls, tbought it was 11.37 its only 10.37, will this game ever bloody start!!

Happy weekend y'all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Phil Jones maiming Falcao is not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning

RVP has been very poor lately

3-1 United.

Maybe 3-2 if Chelsea play really, really, well.

Edit: And they get very lucky

Of all the teams that played Utd in the EPL weve the best record against them, im confident enough but a draw wouldnt be the end of the world after City lost.

Id take your arm off for a win but as long as we better citys result ill be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

It's put up or shut up time.

Ed Woodward didn't get the players Utd needed in core areas during the summer, again. The club bought some very expensive shirt sellers instead, I waiting to see if they can finally deliver something tangible. Not hopeful at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

4 hours 15 minutes to kick-off... Cannot wait for this!!! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DazMarz wrote: »
    4 hours 15 minutes to kick-off... Cannot wait for this!!! :D

Is it 4 o clock or 5?

Livescore has this down as a 17:00 kick off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mourinho does love a big game and with the opportunity to go 8 clear of city I think Chelsea will win. Just hoping for a very good game.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is it 4 o clock or 5?

4pm kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal fan here! Looking forward to this! Hope it's an open game! Have a feeling Utd might nick it if they keep their shape! Di Maria could score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Chelsea will score 2 for sure. I had a feeling all yesterday that it will be 1-3.
    Feeling slightly more optimistic this morning but that could just be the excitement for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is it 4 o clock or 5?

With the clocks gone arseways today they're probably going by the old time

I reckon regardless of the result today it wont define either teams season. I expect chelsea to finish 1st or 2nd and Utd to be at least 4th.

Utd will eventually get everything in place and be a real force and could start today but i dont think the back line can sustain a title challenge but top 4 is well within their reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Game could be delayed by 30 mins due to problems with trains from London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

zerks wrote: »

Shouldn't affect the game in Manchester though, surely? Or would they wait for the away supporters?

zerks wrote: »

Must be all the Utd fans travelling up for it. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement