Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

bodonnell wrote: »
    Have used a rk3188 & minix x8-h in the past without issue but agree I think kodi runs better on pc. Currently use an nuc with a Celeron & 8gb ram and only problems are generally from the addons

Using minix x8-h with the beast build whiich is pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

Ste- wrote: »

What's wrong with the Argos ones, as I've just reserved one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭corks finest

Kolido wrote: »
    Both RTEs are working fine on the Zeus add-on atm.

Sd though, not HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭xlogo

In fairness - not much on RTE that needs to be seen in HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

xlogo wrote: »
    In fairness - not much on RTE that needs to be seen

Slightly more correct :)

xlogo wrote: »
    In fairness - not much on RTE that needs to be seen in HD

Agree, but I depend on the player, as Ariel is shagged,can't get up on the roof for a few months, so sd is hard to look at,when used to hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have zeus addon in Ivue but isn't working for rte,any ideas as to why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Hope I won't get into trouble for mentioning another source with Irish TV working.The rules seem to be not as enforced in this thread??

Anyway it's a well known one SportsDevil>Go to Live TV>Then select the one UK option at the end of the list......Most working there.

Can somebody clear up what's allowed to be mentioned in this thread?It seems to be all over the place and I don't want to break any rules.

This won't last long unfortunately!

Ftv guide is really handy!

Ivue guide is your, also

• Advertisement

Ivue guide is your, also

Sorry, I meant,is good also

BandMember wrote: »
    There are some cowboys on Boards alright, but there are some very reputable sellers on there as well. I've bought a number of boxes from one seller for the same price as I'd have bought it from the likes of Amazon and my friends have bought different boxes from a different seller, again at a competitive price. If you do your research and know what a good price is, you'll be fine. That and read the seller reviews and feedback.

I would strongly advise people to stay away from IPTV Stalker and especially from paying them any sort of a fee. They got a very bad reputation for both being unreliable (in terms of streams being down and taking money off people) and for "borrowing" streams from other add ons without permission - which caused nothing but problems for users all around with overloaded servers crashing and constant buffering. From my own experience, I tried it once and quickly uninstalled it as I found it full of the same SD streams that are widely available for free elsewhere. There are loads of IPTV sellers on the likes of FB (and the web in general) who seem to have happy customers and you can pick up a far better channel selection with HD streams for around £50 for a year.
    Ntv.MX is good for me

bazzz wrote: »
    Hope I won't get into trouble for mentioning another source with Irish TV working.The rules seem to be not as enforced in this thread??

Anyway it's a well known one SportsDevil>Go to Live TV>Then select the one UK option at the end of the list......Most working there.

Can somebody clear up what's allowed to be mentioned in this thread?It seems to be all over the place and I don't want to break any rules.
    Just tried sports devil,,no joy

Just tried sports devil,,no joy

Working fine for me...... & you call yourself Cork's Finest(only joking:))

23th5ww.pngw2m92g.png

2cz94ev.pngw2isn5.png

Maybe look for an updated version of SD.

Working fine for me...... & you call yourself Cork's Finest(only joking:))

23th5ww.pngw2m92g.png

2cz94ev.pngw2isn5.png

Maybe look for an updated version of SD.

Will do,tnx,think my box needs updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Aint been using kodi much lately. A lot my addons dont seem to be working dexter robocop vdub etc.

I have 15.2 am i missing any updates or better apps ?

• Advertisement

Aint been using kodi much lately. A lot my addons dont seem to be working dexter robocop vdub etc.

I have 15.2 am i missing any updates or better apps ?

Have a look on the Kodicommunity,you'll get all you need there.Can't link you to it though,but I think you've enough info to find it;)

Have a look on the Kodicommunity,you'll get all you need there.Can't link you to it though,but I think you've enough info to find it;)

Sound man I'll have a look after the boxing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Where is everyone watching the boxing lads. I have it on sportsdevil buts it's shocking quality

Where is everyone watching the boxing lads. I have it on sportsdevil buts it's shocking quality

Gorilla streams. Fight is ****e anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BandMember

Ntv.MX is good for me

That must be one of the most overpriced sources I've seen! :eek: Sure you'd nearly be as well off getting Virgin/Sky at those prices.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That must be one of the most overpriced sources I've seen! :eek: Sure you'd nearly be as well off getting Virgin/Sky at those prices.....

You'd get a proper sky dodgy box for less.

This is pretty good.

http://www.tekto-kodi.com/kodi-technical/ares-wizard-beta-launches/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ha no you really wouldn't. I pay €15 a month...more channels than Sky's basic package and perfect streams of all the sport I want to watch. When Sky offer that kind of value, let me know.

Ha no you really wouldn't. I pay €15 a month...more channels than Sky's basic package and perfect streams of all the sport I want to watch. When Sky offer that kind of value, let me know.

Are you talking about NTV or another source? However, as I have said previously, with so many IPTV and Plex options out there for a fraction of the price, people would be mad to sign up for something that expensive....

Bang on boy,for e14.99 @ month,it can't be beat,and if the op cared to do his investigation into ntv.MX,he'd see its very well recommended, but I guess,going to all that trouble of googling a subject is just too difficult for some

Bang on boy,for e14.99 @ month,it can't be beat,and if the op cared to do his investigation into ntv.MX,he'd see its very well recommended, but I guess,going to all that trouble of googling a subject is just too difficult for some

Ah yes, nothing like a cheap and completely ill-informed shot at an opinion, eh? Whatever about Googling, it would appear that actually following and reading a thread is too difficult for some.... :rolleyes:

For the record, I am aware of NTV and trialed it at one stage (along with a host of others) but didn't think much of it to be honest. For €15 a month, it's not a great selection of channels either compared to a lot of other sites out there. My point is that for €15 a month (which is €180 per year), it is very poor value compared to a host of other services which offer more channels for around £50 (~€71) a year but, hey, it's not my money so do whatever ye want! :pac:

Oh, and RuYa FTW! :D

Ah yes, nothing like a cheap and completely ill-informed shot at an opinion, eh? Whatever about Googling, it would appear that actually following and reading a thread is too difficult for some.... :rolleyes:

For the record, I am aware of NTV and trialed it at one stage (along with a host of others) but didn't think much of it to be honest. For €15 a month, it's not a great selection of channels either compared to a lot of other sites out there. My point is that for €15 a month (which is €180 per year), it is very poor value compared to a host of other services which offer more channels for around £50 (~€71) a year but, hey, it's not my money so do whatever ye want! :pac:

Oh, and RuYa FTW! :D

Pm me buddy with a list, I did a fair bit of googling etc, b4 I chose ntv I'd be delighted to get a better service for less,I'm not too techy, but honestly going on reviews, ntv is the best cheap option

Pm me buddy with a list, I did a fair bit of googling etc, b4 I chose ntv I'd be delighted to get a better service for less,I'm not too techy, but honestly going on reviews, ntv is the best cheap option

I'm happy to discuss options via PM with you (or anyone - don't ask, just send one) but I think it's ok to post them here as NTV already was? (If not, I'll delete the links) As I've mentioned, there are a host of groups offering IPTV and Plex services for around £50 a year on FB. The problem is that most of them are "Secret Groups" so you can't find them if you search for them. However, a couple of them are now doing sign up sites. Here is an example: http://www.m3uiptv.com/ They all seem to use the same provider(s) so have pretty much the same channel selection. I don't use them myself though, but they offer a free trial and you can pay per month for their IPTV service (Plex is a yearly sub only) for £10 so it might be advisable to start with that.

Personally, I use RuYa. Now, there are loads of suppliers out there and some of them vastly overcharge for this service. I'm happy with my own supplier as he gives me and my mates good deals, but I can't talk about that here. It's mainly 1080 and 720 streams, very rarely is there an issue (I'd say it's perfect 99% of the time) and there are always new channels being added. I get the full Sky UK package, USA channels, Sportsworld Package, PPV's etc. along with a VOD section as well. I'm very happy with the service and highly recommend it as the best I've found, all my mates who I referred swear by it as well so there's no complaints here.... :D

At the end of the day, it all depends on what you are looking for - whether or not it's a Sports only package or if you really want to cut the cord and get something for all your stations, you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Just upgraded from 14.0 to 15.2 painlessly last night. My old Irish TV plug-in stopped working but there is a new one called Irish TV Live which works great. All set to watch the toy show with the kids this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Just upgraded from 14.0 to 15.2 painlessly last night. My old Irish TV plug-in stopped working but there is a new one called Irish TV Live which works great. All set to watch the toy show with the kids this weekend.

What repo is that addon in?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Irish TV Live..... All set to watch the toy show with the kids this weekend.

does anyone want to break the bad news?

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »

He's like myself, behind the times,,although its on the player, I presume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

tommycahir wrote: »

Not sure if that's just a built in add-on or is it coming from Xunity which seemed to have survived the upgrade. From looking at the blog last night about 16 it seems add-ons should continue to work through that upgrade as well.
    mossym wrote: »

Oh, well I should mention while the add-on says "Live" but it plays on-demand as well. Was able to just select RTE, then Popular, and it was the top choice. Tested it this morning and it looks good. Unless you guys are talking about something that happens on the show in which case you can leave me in suspense. I had planned to exit Kodi and use the RTE player, but having it built in is a nice touch.

He's like myself, behind the times,,although its on the player, I presume

it's the live tv bit that worries me

Oh, well I should mention while the add-on says "Live" but it plays on-demand as well. Was able to just select RTE, then Popular, and it was the top choice. Tested it this morning and it looks good. Unless you guys are talking about something that happens on the show in which case you can leave me in suspense. I had planned to exit Kodi and use the RTE player, but having it built in is a nice touch.

just the fact that it was on last weekend, but you're covered..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Genesis looks to be at an end. It seems Lamada has decoded not to update it anymore and likely move to other projects/add one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

dahat wrote: »
    Genesis looks to be at an end. It seems Lamada has decoded not to update it anymore and likely move to other projects/add one.

What about Genesis Lazarus? Has that not taken over?

That's a real shame. When it was at it's best (before the what seemed like daily updates), it was by far the best add on around for tv series and movies but, unfortunately, it's been nothing but a disaster for the past while as Lamada hasn't been maintaining it.

Any word on what his new project(s) or add on(s) will be? Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable source for HD tv shows, please? Yes, I am aware of SALTS, Primewire, Dubstop etc. but they are all SD quality (from what I can see).

That's a real shame. When it was at it's best (before the what seemed like daily updates), it was by far the best add on around for tv series and movies but, unfortunately, it's been nothing but a disaster for the past while as Lamada hasn't been maintaining it.

Any word on what his new project(s) or add on(s) will be? Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable source for HD tv shows, please? Yes, I am aware of SALTS, Primewire, Dubstop etc. but they are all SD quality (from what I can see).

Worth having a look at Movies HD (has been up and down so not 100% what current status is) and Mutts Nuts has some HD content aswell but no where near the coverage of Genesis

Worth having a look at Movies HD (has been up and down so not 100% what current status is) and Mutts Nuts has some HD content aswell but no where near the coverage of Genesis

Thanks, but it's not HD Movies that I'm looking for (I tend to use Phoenix for those) - it's a source for HD tv shows. I've had The Mutts Nutts installed for a long time now, it was great but unfortunately, much like Genesis, the author has given up on it and stopped updating it so it is no more. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

Little bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive guide to getting the best from Kodi.

I'm not a Luddite, and revisit it every 6 months or so, but never really succeed in getting it up and running well/reliably.

Thanks

Hope not, Genesis is fab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Its in the xunity talk repo

Im not getting a picture for RTE2 or RTE News though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Taxedalot wrote:
    Little bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive guide to getting the best from Kodi. I'm not a Luddite, and revisit it every 6 months or so, but never really succeed in getting it up and running well/reliably.

No guides come to mind but just one piece of advice about Kodi - it needs time! It took me ages to get mine setup the way I want it. But for general use there's hundreds of addons that do the same - Genesis for TV/movies, YouTube of course, certain addons for sports of course and then paid addons for really good sports/live tv. Aside from that BBC iPlayer, RTE player, 3player, ITV player all work. It's a matter of committing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

SALTS has a serious amount of HD links. I use it with a Real Debris account which really boots the HD links especially 1080p ones,really recommend this but Salts is still fine on its own.

Taxedalot wrote: »
    Little bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive guide to getting the best from Kodi.

I'm not a Luddite, and revisit it every 6 months or so, but never really succeed in getting it up and running well/reliably.

Thanks

Ok I have directed a few people to this guide before and they managed to get most things setup and running

http://mymediaexperience.com/xbmc-guide/

The one issue I have with it is that it doesn't cover using other repos, addons or builds but as mentioned before the likes of YouTube and http://kodicommunity.com/ will be your best guide for those, if in need of help have a look at the forum on kodi community for recommendations and help with 3rd party addons installation and configuration..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ok I have directed a few people to this guide before and they managed to get most things setup and running

http://mymediaexperience.com/xbmc-guide/

The one issue I have with it is that it doesn't cover using other repos, addons or builds but as mentioned before the likes of YouTube and http://kodicommunity.com/ will be your best guide for those, if in need of help have a look at the forum on kodi community for recommendations and help with 3rd party addons installation and configuration..

another for add on's

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-watch-premier-league-football-using-xbmc/

aaronm13 wrote: »
    SALTS has a serious amount of HD links. I use it with a Real Debris account which really boots the HD links especially 1080p ones,really recommend this but Salts is still fine on its own.

I can never find any HD links on it anytime that I search for something on it - maybe it's due to the fact that you have a Real Debris account and I don't? Is it worth getting one? Easy to set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I can never find any HD links on it anytime that I search for something on it - maybe it's due to the fact that you have a Real Debris account and I don't? Is it worth getting one? Easy to set up?

Take Homeland for example, there was 4 1080p regular links this evening with a lot of 720p ones too. Real debris really increased the amount of links. I was tired of dead links and lots of buffering so decided to give it a shot. Was handy too to integrate real debris into SALTS too, loads of guides online, it's really cheap so I'd give it a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Has this been confirmed? It could be a good thing, as he may start on a new add-on with the experience and knowledge gained from working on this. Genesis is still working fine for me, can always get a working link with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Genesis has been awful for 2 weeks or more. It's almost unusable now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement