Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

dahat wrote: »
    Genesis looks to be at an end. It seems Lamada has decoded not to update it anymore and likely move to other projects/add one.

Hope not, Genesis is fab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

tommycahir wrote: »
    What repo is that addon in?

Its in the xunity talk repo

Im not getting a picture for RTE2 or RTE News though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Taxedalot wrote:
    Little bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive guide to getting the best from Kodi. I'm not a Luddite, and revisit it every 6 months or so, but never really succeed in getting it up and running well/reliably.

No guides come to mind but just one piece of advice about Kodi - it needs time! It took me ages to get mine setup the way I want it. But for general use there's hundreds of addons that do the same - Genesis for TV/movies, YouTube of course, certain addons for sports of course and then paid addons for really good sports/live tv. Aside from that BBC iPlayer, RTE player, 3player, ITV player all work. It's a matter of committing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

BandMember wrote: »
    That's a real shame. When it was at it's best (before the what seemed like daily updates), it was by far the best add on around for tv series and movies but, unfortunately, it's been nothing but a disaster for the past while as Lamada hasn't been maintaining it.

Any word on what his new project(s) or add on(s) will be? Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable source for HD tv shows, please? Yes, I am aware of SALTS, Primewire, Dubstop etc. but they are all SD quality (from what I can see).

SALTS has a serious amount of HD links. I use it with a Real Debris account which really boots the HD links especially 1080p ones,really recommend this but Salts is still fine on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Taxedalot wrote: »
    Little bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive guide to getting the best from Kodi.

I'm not a Luddite, and revisit it every 6 months or so, but never really succeed in getting it up and running well/reliably.

Thanks

Ok I have directed a few people to this guide before and they managed to get most things setup and running

http://mymediaexperience.com/xbmc-guide/

The one issue I have with it is that it doesn't cover using other repos, addons or builds but as mentioned before the likes of YouTube and http://kodicommunity.com/ will be your best guide for those, if in need of help have a look at the forum on kodi community for recommendations and help with 3rd party addons installation and configuration..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

tommycahir wrote: »
    Ok I have directed a few people to this guide before and they managed to get most things setup and running

http://mymediaexperience.com/xbmc-guide/

The one issue I have with it is that it doesn't cover using other repos, addons or builds but as mentioned before the likes of YouTube and http://kodicommunity.com/ will be your best guide for those, if in need of help have a look at the forum on kodi community for recommendations and help with 3rd party addons installation and configuration..

another for add on's

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-watch-premier-league-football-using-xbmc/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BandMember

aaronm13 wrote: »
    SALTS has a serious amount of HD links. I use it with a Real Debris account which really boots the HD links especially 1080p ones,really recommend this but Salts is still fine on its own.

I can never find any HD links on it anytime that I search for something on it - maybe it's due to the fact that you have a Real Debris account and I don't? Is it worth getting one? Easy to set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I can never find any HD links on it anytime that I search for something on it - maybe it's due to the fact that you have a Real Debris account and I don't? Is it worth getting one? Easy to set up?

Take Homeland for example, there was 4 1080p regular links this evening with a lot of 720p ones too. Real debris really increased the amount of links. I was tired of dead links and lots of buffering so decided to give it a shot. Was handy too to integrate real debris into SALTS too, loads of guides online, it's really cheap so I'd give it a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Genesis looks to be at an end. It seems Lamada has decoded not to update it anymore and likely move to other projects/add one.

Has this been confirmed? It could be a good thing, as he may start on a new add-on with the experience and knowledge gained from working on this. Genesis is still working fine for me, can always get a working link with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Genesis has been awful for 2 weeks or more. It's almost unusable now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

RossieMan wrote: »
    Genesis has been awful for 2 weeks or more. It's almost unusable now.

What trouble are you having with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Try the Origin add on folks. I think it has taken over from genesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Little bit off topic, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive guide to getting the best from Kodi.

I'm not a Luddite, and revisit it every 6 months or so, but never really succeed in getting it up and running well/reliably.

Thanks

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

aaronm13 wrote: »

+1 Wouldn't use Kodi without RD, just makes things easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Benzino wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed? It could be a good thing, as he may start on a new add-on with the experience and knowledge gained from working on this. Genesis is still working fine for me, can always get a working link with it.

#Rumour#

Possible team of Lamda and TK Norris on SALTS going forward, makes a whole load of sense as its the same ish code apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

That's a real shame. When it was at it's best (before the what seemed like daily updates), it was by far the best add on around for tv series and movies but, unfortunately, it's been nothing but a disaster for the past while as Lamada hasn't been maintaining it.

Any word on what his new project(s) or add on(s) will be? Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable source for HD tv shows, please? Yes, I am aware of SALTS, Primewire, Dubstop etc. but they are all SD quality (from what I can see).

whats wrong with SD quality? it is free after all, the majority of the SD tv shows are perfect quality on the above add ons you mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

whats wrong with SD quality? it is free after all, the majority of the SD tv shows are perfect quality on the above add ons you mentioned

Leechers are a needy lot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

#Rumour#

Possible team of Lamda and TK Norris on SALTS going forward, makes a whole load of sense as its the same ish code apparently.

think most addons in kodi have the same code :pac:

he should've tried to go the icefilms addon way (showing an add) i think, it was/is a great addon. i know, i hate add to but...

it's still working for me anyway, not that i've been using it much lately, the hd links might take a few goes to show up as a source though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks

Does TVMC (http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-android for Android based boxes and http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-windows for Windows boxes) not give you all you need from KODI in one simple 5 minute set-up solution?

I use TVMC on both my Minix Android boxes and Win 10 Mini PC and I have to say it's spot on. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing out on???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Between Phoenix, UkTurks, Muttsnuts and Showbox we get everything we want on an android box. Have filmon as a back up.

• Advertisement

DexterTV back up and running, Irish TV in the Live section also and working nicely there.

shmeee wrote: »
    DexterTV back up and running, Irish TV in the Live section also and working nicely there.

Is it possible to sign up to DexterTV now or is it just back working for those already signed up?

Is it possible to sign up to DexterTV now or is it just back working for those already signed up?

Not sure, I signed up with a random email address that I just made up anyway, they never even confirmed it or anything.

shmeee wrote: »
    Not sure, I signed up with a random email address that I just made up anyway, they never even confirmed it or anything.

I tried signing up before and it wouldn't allow me to. I read somewhere that they had stopped new sign ups until further notice.

I tried signing up before and it wouldn't allow me to. I read somewhere that they had stopped new sign ups until further notice.

I only signed up about 6 weeks back

Are there any paid services offering a free trail, I would be interested in trying one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Kolido wrote: »
    Are there any paid services offering a free trail, I would be interested in trying one out.
    I know of at least one that offered a free trial a year ago when I first started looking into everything. You have nothing to lose by emailing all of them and seeing what response you get. Hell, you might even get a full year of free trials :D There seem to be enough people out there offering the service! I wonder how many of them are resellers for the same provider.
    I'd actually be interested in trialing this myself. If anyone has an up to date list of suppliers, feel free to PM me :)

With all this talk of Genesis going away (I've had some trouble with finding streams on it recently, I have to say), I need a new, more reliable way of tracking what episode I am on for each show etc.

I was thinking of setting up my trackt account again. Will the streaming addons play nicely with trackt? What do you all use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

d31b0y wrote: »
    I know of at least one that offered a free trial a year ago when I first started looking into everything. You have nothing to lose by emailing all of them and seeing what response you get. Hell, you might even get a full year of free trials :D There seem to be enough people out there offering the service! I wonder how many of them are resellers for the same provider.
    I'd actually be interested in trialing this myself. If anyone has an up to date list of suppliers, feel free to PM me :)

With all this talk of Genesis going away (I've had some trouble with finding streams on it recently, I have to say), I need a new, more reliable way of tracking what episode I am on for each show etc.

I was thinking of setting up my trackt account again. Will the streaming addons play nicely with trackt? What do you all use?

Most use trakt now. I know SALTS does. that would be my second go to. after that 1channel but I don't think that does trakt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭billbond4

thats good dexter is back up, waiting for the registers to start workign again

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »

Have you tried Origin add-on? Its the new genesis I believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement