Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

^^^Maybe I'll get the lazarus "fork" instead :<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone got Real Debrid working with 1channel? I set it up and entered my login on the resolver screen in 1channel but just see the usual old stream links...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone got Real Debrid working with 1channel? I set it up and entered my login on the resolver screen in 1channel but just see the usual old stream links...

why would you use 1channel, there are better addons than that for realdebrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Kolido wrote: »
    Have you tried Origin add-on? Its the new genesis I believe.

is origin not an older version of genesis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

There is no new Genesis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Origin is an older version of Genesis....when Genesis updated to v5 it didn't allow downloads anymore so Origin was released to allow for downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ufc pro wrote: »

I had been using Genesis previously but amidst all the talk of it packing up I tried switching to a different add-on I had found good coverage on before which was 1channel.

I'll have a google around and see if I can find anything on better add ons to use RD with, thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

I have built a skin with easy to browse everything but powered with Genesis underneath it

When I started to have problems I was about to start another skin but one quick step fixed it

Just set to autoplay and choose quality to be LQ. For all TV Shows it works perfect and the picture/sound is great. Happy days.....

I dont watch films so I dont care about them.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BandMember

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Origin is an older version of Genesis....when Genesis updated to v5 it didn't allow downloads anymore so Origin was released to allow for downloads

And what a wise move that was - there is a guy who was responsible for a different add on which allowed downloading up in court today for the start of his trial for piracy. He reckons that he's looking at 4 years in jail, if he's found guilty. The streaming v downloading issue is one that the add on authors need to take seriously.
    I have built a skin with easy to browse everything but powered with Genesis underneath it

When I started to have problems I was about to start another skin but one quick step fixed it

Just set to autoplay and choose quality to be LQ. For all TV Shows it works perfect and the picture/sound is great. Happy days.....

I dont watch films so I dont care about them.....

Custom builds and skins are a waste of time as they only take up storage space and detract from the performance of the box. Also, it's recommended that you don't use Autoplay in Genesis. And there's no reason why anyone should be watching LQ streams - plenty of add ons out there which can provide better quality than that.
    ufc pro wrote: »

I've set up an account and am looking to pull the trigger on a sub. What would be the best add ons to use it in? Would it work well in Genesis or is it time to give up on that altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

BandMember wrote: »
    And what a wise move that was - there is a guy who was responsible for a different add on which allowed downloading up in court today for the start of his trial for piracy. He reckons that he's looking at 4 years in jail, if he's found guilty. The streaming v downloading issue is one that the add on authors need to take seriously.

Yes the download options can be dangerous,especially if they are torrent based

Custom builds and skins are a waste of time as they only take up storage space and detract from the performance of the box. Also, it's recommended that you don't use Autoplay in Genesis. And there's no reason why anyone should be watching LQ streams - plenty of add ons out there which can provide better quality than that.

While I don't use Wizards or custom builds.They can be handy for those struggling with the Kodi uses.But lots of them can be junk and have crazy amounts of addons etc,etc Also many are not maintained,so if the skin updates or certain addons....it breaks the build.The main thing about setting up Kodi yourself is,you learn the ins&outs of it as you go.Which makes life really easy down the road.

I've set up an account and am looking to pull the trigger on a sub. What would be the best add ons to use it in? Would it work well in Genesis or is it time to give up on that altogether?

I always use Real-Debrid in any addon/area possible.It makes the whole experience that much more better/smooth.Many addons use it,the main thing to do is add your account to the URL Resolver in Settings>Addons> depending on what version of Kodi you are on it will be in System>Dependencies or Enabled addons >addon libraries .This will enable it in Kodi general where it will work on some addons.For the other Addons you need to go to that addon settings and input your RD account there.....It works well in Genesis(still),SALTS,Icefilms,many of the Yids addons and many more.Real Debrid is really cheap and worth it in my opinion.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

donegal. wrote: »
    is origin not an older version of genesis?
    dahat wrote: »
    There is no new Genesis.

Yeah I probably got that mixed-up, sorry. Good news is, it was working pretty good last time I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yeah I probably got that mixed-up, sorry. Good news is, it was working pretty good last time I checked.

I thought you were joking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

I hear genius is rip. It still half works for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

iainBB wrote: »
    I hear genius is rip. It still half works for now.
    Its not gone yet, still works as before and up to date

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=TLPYYvqciCrO4wODEyMjAxNQ&v=by8abBC8PUo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ok guys not sure if I'm allowed mention this but let me know if not and I'll delete the post.

I see Real Debrid been mentioned. What exactly does it do ? Or how does it affect Kodi ? I can't seem to find the answers on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What are alternatives for TV shows to Genesis ? Phoenix seems to be decent, UK Turk had a a few but neither are as easy to navigate as Genesis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ok guys not sure if I'm allowed mention this but let me know if not and I'll delete the post.

I see Real Debrid been mentioned. What exactly does it do ? Or how does it affect Kodi ? I can't seem to find the answers on their website.

Gives you more sources in genesis and others add-ons . you'd be pretty much guaranteed HD copies if you've have it I think.

See the link in the post at the top of the page.Open that and scroll down through the Geni article towards the bottom of the article there's a link explaining what RD gives you,while using it in Kodi.

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »
    See the link in the post at the top of the page.Open that and scroll down through the Geni article towards the bottom of the article there's a link explaining what RD gives you,while using it in Kodi.

Yes read that already and got the general just.

I just don't understand where I log in my RDB Account. Is it in Kodi itself or on the RDB website and now my internet traffic runs through their servers ?

threein99 wrote: »
    What are alternatives for TV shows to Genesis ? Phoenix seems to be decent, UK Turk had a a few but neither are as easy to navigate as Genesis

Watch the YouTube video I posted a few posts back they gives 8 alternative to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I just don't understand where I log in my RDB Account. Is it in Kodi itself or on the RDB website and now my internet traffic runs through their servers ?

http://www.tvaddons.ag/debrid-resolvers/

If you had a look at the link I mentioned,it shows exactly where to put your account details in,for Kodi(in General) & for specific addons.For the likes of Kodi RD is giving you access to premium hosted links for the addons.These you don't normally get,your internet traffic is not being diverted anywhere.

bazzz wrote: »
    If you had a look at the link I mentioned,it shows exactly where to put your account details in,for Kodi(in General) & for specific addons.For the likes of Kodi RD is giving you access to premium hosted links for the addons.These you don't normally get,your internet traffic is not being diverted anywhere.

Sorry Bazz I clicked on someone else link on the previous page. I hadn't seen yours. Have it now so I'll have a read up at lunch.

Been using Kodi for a while now on the laptop and just bought a Fire TV so looking at the paid options I saw mentioned here.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks for the help guys. I signed up for a free account with DeBrid and will sign up to the premium account once the Fire TV arrives. I also signed up for Trakt.

One last thing. When the Fire TV arrives would people recommend I install TV Addons or just a blank version of Kodi and add the repositories myself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

blank, DIY with what you want

& don't use trakt, well i wouldn't bother anyway https://torrentfreak.com/pirates-expose-their-download-habits-through-trakt-141130/

kodi will manage the watched status anyway for you, or if you really need something series guide is brilliant for your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battlelancer.seriesguide&hl=en
    i only use it now for currently airing though

batistuta9 wrote: »
    blank, DIY with what you want

& don't use trakt, well i wouldn't bother anyway https://torrentfreak.com/pirates-expose-their-download-habits-through-trakt-141130/

kodi will manage the watched status anyway for you, or if you really need something series guide is brilliant for your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battlelancer.seriesguide&hl=en
    i only use it now for currently airing though

Thanks for that !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭xlogo

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Gives you more sources in genesis and others add-ons . you'd be pretty much guaranteed HD copies if you've have it I think.

Does that also include sports streaming ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

xlogo wrote: »
    Does that also include sports streaming ?

no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement