Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 aquane69

I use the ethernet plugs for my Minix upstairs, wifi router is downstairs, and its works perfectly. Best buy!!! I got them from Amazon, quick delivery and setup took about 2 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

aquane69 wrote: »
    I use the ethernet plugs for my Minix upstairs, wifi router is downstairs, and its works perfectly. Best buy!!! I got them from Amazon, quick delivery and setup took about 2 mins.

Would you be able to tell me what brand you got?
    By any chance did you do a speed test using the Ethernet plugs vs Ethernet cable?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 aquane69

Got 'TP-LINK PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack' from Amazon.
    Without the plugs I was getting barely 1MB with the wifi upstairs.
    With the plugs, minix box is connected with an Ethernet cable, I was getting over 30MB.

Got 'TP-LINK PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Starter Kit- Twin Pack' from Amazon.
    Without the plugs I was getting barely 1MB with the wifi upstairs.
    With the plugs, minix box is connected with an Ethernet cable, I was getting over 30MB.

that's great thank you.
    Gonna dive straight in and pick up a pair of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

that's great thank you.
    Gonna dive straight in and pick up a pair of these.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057236459
    Check these out. I got them a few months ago stil at that price.
    only av200's but still a good price for them.
    Eircom & e-mobile shops do hae them.

• Advertisement

I see they are up to 200Mbps
    Would that make a difference really?
    The ones I was looking at on Amazon are 500Mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Strange that you were having wifi trouble with a Minix. I used to have the Neo X7 and it picked up the wifi network of half the town :pac:
    One thing I couldn't fault it on was range, better than anything I've ever seen for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I got the exact same set back in December. Mine suffer from random network drop outs and unfortunately this is a pretty widespread issue for that model. I never had any issue with the 200Mbps versions that I ran previously.

The Ethernet plugs have been a game changer for me.
    I picked up a pair of TP Link 500 Mbps in Argos and Xbmc is running unbelievably well for me. Even all the HQ streams. .
    And Airplaying via the Minix works flawlessly aswell.

I done an internet speedtest on the Minix using speedtest.net and getting roughly 70Mbs and 20 up. Best I ever got with an Ethernet cable hooked directly into the router was 80 so not far off.
    Couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Is there any reason to not have 0 cache set up with Genesis ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

will56 wrote: »
    Is there any reason to not have 0 cache set up

It's more dependant on your device, than what you are streaming with. Seems it's not generally recommended with a HDD.

Unsure of Flash memory or SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭skydish79

dahat wrote: »
    My fav add ons would be...

Genesis
    Liux TV (paid)
    Sportsmania (paid)
    1Channel
    Phoinex

Tend to get all in need from these, as I don't run an Android system I pay a small sub for reliable sports.

How do you find sportsmania, I pay for another addon and its either not down or buffers constantly

He was talking about Genesis not working properly in his post.
    I'd agree to an extent on the sports but there's not much live sport you won't find on the P2P addon with the right parsers.

could i get a pm for the right parsers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

skydish79 wrote: »
    How do you find sportsmania, I pay for another addon and its either not down or buffers constantly

There's instructions on their website site. Real simple

There's instructions on their website site. Real simple

??? Instructions to whether he finds the addon good and if it buffers or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

skydish79 wrote: »
    ??? Instructions to whether he finds the addon good and if it buffers or not?

Meh read it wrong. It happens. That asides it's good . Anyway best try it for a month and see what u think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How legal are these paid services like liux tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kolido wrote: »
    How legal are these paid services like liux tv?

Not even the tiniest little bit legal. If you can watch a game on Sky Sports on your TV without a Sky Sports subscription then somebody somewhere is breaking the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Liux TV are taking sub's but not allowing access to the service, quite a few sellers now recommending to cancel all sub's in a few Facebook groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ADRI70

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Not sure if we can mention them here but I'll pm you a few.

Could I get a PM too please? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Vdubt25 is generally better than sports mania and no sub - for Saturday afternoon, as a service I do like having sports mania for reliability

Staplor wrote: »
    Vdubt25 is generally better than sports mania and no sub - for Saturday afternoon, as a service I do like having sports mania for reliability

Only last week or two though. It seems he figured out the NBC sports add on workaround before anyone else.
    TSN is freely available now across Phoenix, Robin Hood etc and is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 rob223

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Not sure if we can mention them here but I'll pm you a few.

Can you send on a pm to me also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Any ideas on where someone would get a guide as to what is being shown on each of these channels such as bein, tsn or NBC, I generally only use them for the rugby but would be interested in some form of EPG which could be customised to see what is on each of these channels.

tommycahir wrote: »
    Any ideas on where someone would get a guide as to what is being shown on each of these channels such as bein, tsn or NBC, I generally only use them for the rugby but would be interested in some form of EPG which could be customised to see what is on each of these channels.

iVue TV guide, look for the Techbox repo. Its all your after and channels can be saved to fav to add to the guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Ivuve TV guide, look for the Techbox repo. Its all your after and channels can be saved to fav to add to the guide.

Cool thanks will have a look at that later this afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

anyone using stream engine?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    anyone using stream engine?

Used it here and there , still in its infancy as an add on but looks pretty ok. Lads behind it do good work so it should be maintained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ivuve TV guide, look for the Techbox repo. Its all your after and channels can be saved to fav to add to the guide.

(watch spelling iVue ;) )

Thanks for that ..... very nice plugin -- I used these instructions in case anyone needs them

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.ie/2015/03/how-to-install-ivue-tv-guide-program.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Thanks for posting that tutorial Johnboy1951 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement