Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Total community builds are brilliant. Never have to look for addons again. Completely changed kodo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Which do people prefer Genesis or istream?
    I try and stay away from anything mikey1234 has a part In usually but Genesis has been giving my problems lately so may switch over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭batistuta9

dahat wrote: »
    Used it here and there , still in its infancy as an add on but looks pretty ok. Lads behind it do good work so it should be maintained.

installed it but never got looking at it & it's now down. i wonder will it be back
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Which do people prefer Genesis or istream?
    I try and stay away from anything mikey1234 has a part In usually but Genesis has been giving my problems lately so may switch over.

why's that?

i use genesis but haven't really a real reason to prefer it, it works, i like the fanart/layouts etc. but istream can do the same can't it

Mikey is like your mate who takes his football home when his team is losing.
    That said the iplayer add-on in his repo is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Nice new addon in the metalkettle repo called IPTV stalker good selection of streams, movies/sports etc all working well hopefully they will be kept updated

BTW anyone getting errors installing this go to configure addon/parental and click enable if already enabled disable it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

NATLOR wrote: »
    Nice new addon in the metalkettle repo called IPTV stalker good selection of streams, movies/sports etc all working well hopefully they will be kept updated

BTW anyone getting errors installing this go to configure addon/parental and click enable if already enabled disable it

Yeah its great, rumours abound that it'll be subbed soon though.
    Like FS, It's rumoured to be a teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

$108 per year is the price I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's a good addon but it's not that good!!

Don't go near HQZone by the way lads. Full of crap they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

couple of new addons released recently that I installed last night and they look pretty good (install guides on youtube or Michael SEO )
    • Sparkys streams
    • megaiptv
    • UK turks

and those familiar with film dictator will be glad to hear it was ported to kodi as a plugin yesterday.

I use a paid sub for sports but decided to check vdubt out today. Wow some of them streams are amazing the 1080&720 Nbc sports ones especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Cheers for the tips, I've been using both Sparkys streams and IPTV Stalker recently - both have a stunning selection of streams and work very well but alas I know it's just a matter of time before IPTV goes ppv and sparkys probably gets shutdown, but I guess that is the nature of using these plugins, as all good things must come to an end but I entend on getting the most out of them while I can :)

Anyone use a Real Debrid account on your plugin ins?

Tempted to purchase an account to run with Genesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I use a paid sub for sports but decided to check vdubt out today. Wow some of them streams are amazing the 1080&720 Nbc sports ones especially.

NJM soccer and Pak Hind have a lot of quality sports streams too

Installation guide found on the excellent seo-michael website, link is in post 250 above here

Open Elec build for an mx3 anyone? Need it in.tar format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Open Elec build for an mx3 anyone? Need it in.tar format.

Found this on the Kodi forums of it the same one you are refering to - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214190
    and tar image is @ http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.6/

tommycahir wrote: »
    Found this on the Kodi forums of it the same one you are refering to - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214190
    and tar image is @ http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.6/

Bang on the money. Thanks.

Must actually register on the Kodi Forum.

In xunity maintenance there's an option for openelec boxes to boot straight into recovery.
    Handy for when updating or even downgrading.

In xunity maintenance there's an option for openelec boxes to boot straight into recovery.
    Handy for when updating or even downgrading.

If you log into Open Elec via your PC you can just put the .tar file into the update folder. Reboot and it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If you log into Open Elec via your PC you can just put the .tar file into the update folder. Reboot and it's done.

I open the Openelec box SMB connection
    smb://192.168.x.y
    in my filemanager and drag & drop the new tar file into the Update directory.

It then auto updates on next reboot.

I open the Openelec box SMB connection
    smb://192.168.x.y
    in my filemanager and drag & drop the new tar file into the Update directory.

It then auto updates on next reboot.

Your phraseology is fancier but its the same thing. Dead handy.

Use it for image backgrounds etc as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Your phraseology is fancier but its the same thing. Dead handy.

Use it for image backgrounds etc as well

I understood from your description that you logged into Openelec using a terminal or such which is why I described a GUI method of doing the same thing. ;)

Handy thanks for that. This time I was downgrading to android but will use that in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

PL games not working today for me on NBC live addon, using a vpn & the golf channel is working. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with it ?

bodonnell wrote: »
    PL games not working today for me on NBC live addon, using a vpn & the golf channel is working. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with it ?

Try vdubt25.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Try vdubt25.

Thanks, had it working on Sparkys was just curious if anyone knew what was up with nbc, it's usually very reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Nbc has stopped working you can check the kodi forums. Nbc updated something and they can't get it working.

Ste- wrote: »
    Nbc has stopped working you can check the kodi forums. Nbc updated something and they can't get it working.

But a lot of playlist makers have the channels working perfectly.

Beat box,Vdubt25,NJM soccer among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone know of an add on to run Spotify through XBMC? I see from googling that there was one called Spotimc on the go but the repos that had it seem to be dead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone know of an add on to run Spotify through XBMC? I see from googling that there was one called Spotimc on the go but the repos that had it seem to be dead...

You can use it through AirPlay if it's an Apple device?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You can use it through AirPlay if it's an Apple device?

Is that within Kodi?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement