Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The first international report of Dublin's "issues" emerges, it ain't pretty

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

The constant begging and approaching people at pubs and that is definitely more noticeable and on the increase in Dublin, particularly around the South William/Grafton Street areas, but who can blame these people?

I hate being approached if i'm having a pint but I'd probably do it if I was homeless and desperate too.

Homelessness is definitely rife in Dublin and I've not seen a similar level in any city in the UK i've been to over the last few years, London, Edinburgh, Manchester to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

drumswan wrote: »
    You dont love this city, you hate it. I can feel the hate flowing through every single post you make. Youve never had a single positive thing about Dublin on this website. I feel sorry for you having to live somewhere you despise and not having the backbone to do anything about it.

Do you not understand that A LOT of people in this city have very serious concerns about the city center? Do you not get that?

You clearly don't understand why. I am telling you it is a total bloody disgrace and embarrassment and everyone knows the problems.

And then you come on here all the time bent on defending it.

You should be calling for action to improve it not defending the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Do you not understand that A LOT of people in this city have very serious concerns about the city center? Do you not get that?

You clearly don't understand why. I am telling you it is a total bloody disgrace and embarrassment and everyone knows the problems.
    Its not a disgrace or an embarrassment, its a brilliant, vibrant buzzing city which gives me a kick to live in every single day.

Of course there are issues in the city, as with any city. Your incandescent internet rage and out of proportion response to what are fairly run of the mill problems for any capital city lead me to believe you should see a therapist for your anger issues. Or go live somewhere else. Perhaps a small town would suit you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,566 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-23/coke-selling-beggars-and-punch-ups-plague-downtown-dublin.html

This is only the beginning. Mark my words. Anyone still have their head in the sand should have a good read and should have a good think about how our city's reputation is going to be flushed down the toilet.

You only get away with fecklessness for so long.

I think it's good though. We need high profile articles particularly aimed at business people abroad to get action done by the authorities.

You really like to sensationalize the **** out of things don't you? I work in the city center and yes there are junkies/beggars but no more than any other European city i have been to and as for fights? You would see more drunken scum in suits fighting on a Friday night than beggars during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Annnnnnd we're out.

Good one lads, we got to two pages before the accusations of trolling etc started this time. A new record.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement