Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rough insureance quote query

Options
  • 24-10-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi :)
    So i have my provisional license but no car as of yet,
    I'm 22, female, with no real experience driving, hoping to get a small car soon, not a big engine or anything. Was wondering what kinda cost would I roughly be expecting for car insurance? I know as I dont have a car its hard to say but just a general idea would be great.
    Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

When I got mine it was €945 with two other named drivers.female.yaris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

HopieD wrote: »
    I'm 22, female, with no real experience driving, hoping to get a small car soon, not a big engine or anything. Was wondering what kinda cost would I roughly be expecting for car insurance? I know as I dont have a car its hard to say but just a general idea would be great.

Instead of posting here why don't you call/email some insurance companies to find out?

I'm not trying to be smart, but that way you'll get a real answer, instead of someone's opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭monty_python

HopieD wrote: »
    Im 29 and male and had the provisional for 1 year
    my insurance on a 1.4 306 was 1400 on my rural address. 1800 on my dublin address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Not many online insurers quote for young starters, but AXA do. My advice is to go for a 1.0 or 1.1 size engine and under 12 years old. Anything outside that and you will pay dearly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Instead of posting here why don't you call/email some insurance companies to find out?

I'm not trying to be smart, but that way you'll get a real answer, instead of someone's opinion.

Agreed. Where you live & the car you have, matters a lot to your insurance quote. It's not just about how old you are.

Have a look at carzone.ie. Pick out some cars that would fit your needs and your budget. Then ring up the insurance companies, give them the cars details and your own personal details. That is the only way to get a realistic idea of what your insurance cost will be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement