Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAVE INSURANCE ?

Options
  • 24-10-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Like most families we have a grave occupied by our predecessors.

On visiting the cemetry recently it occurred to me that the grave had no insurance. I was thinking of any potential public liability if there was a fault in the headstone and it fell on somebody or if a tree fell on the headstone and broke it.

I read the policy when I went home and there does not seem to be any cover for the grave. Have I missed something or is a grave not insured under a household insurance policy ?

If not, can it be covered ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Surely the cemetery has PL insurance that would cover such issues?

Cemeteries will have public liability but I imagine if a tree falls and breaks a monument that is not covered against by insurance. If you have paperwork for the grave purchase it might give some inkling but I'm sure you could insure for some nominal amount against accidental damage to a grave

Advertisement