Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Hurls to Oz

Options
  • 24-10-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to send two hurls over to my friends in Oz - can anybody suggest the best/cheapest way of doing this?? Was onto DHL and they quoted €126!!!??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

heard border control found some over the past few months , hollowed out and some Colombian marching powder packed inside in pellets. apparently it was cut open where the taped area is. good chance it would get stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

heard border control found some over the past few months , hollowed out and some Colombian marching powder packed inside in pellets. apparently it was cut open where the taped area is. good chance it would get stopped

I heard that story a few years ago. Various versions, with different drugs. So it's either happened a few times, or it's the usually pub talk.

Either way, it has no impact on sending out hurls without anything hidden inside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

@op, how did you manage with your hurl. Is it gone yet? I'd say AnPost might be your best bet.

I sent a parcel to Australia by registered post. I was able to track this with my tracking number. The parcel got to Australia and there has been a few attempted deliveries with no answer at address. I got the address correct. What happened more than likely is the receiver was out. What happens now with the parcel? Here at home, the postman would drop in a slip of paper to notify you of a parcel or package and to collect at the post office. Does the same thing happen in Australia? I notified my family due to receive my parcel just to give them the heads up about the parcel but still no luck. Does the parcel get sent back to me?

Advertisement