Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund cheque

Options
  • 24-10-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I closed my account with bank of Ireland last year and I was sent a refund cheque to my home[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]address in Ireland. As I have only returned recently back home the cheque is not valid. I have gone down[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]to ask in my local branch and they said there is nothing they can do as the cheque is more than 6 months old.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I want a new cheque sent out again as I never cashed in my refund. If I owed money to the bank[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]they would not give up until they got it so I will be doing the same.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Please let me know how to get my money back.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Regards[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The cheque is out of date. It's your own fault 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi rob_satellites,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The cheque can be returned to the branch that issued it and a new cheque can be sent out to you. Contact details for the branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rob_satellites

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The cheque is out of date. It's your own fault 
    I am here to get answers from the bank, not people that have nothing better to do with themselves

Hi Tara,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I went already to my branch and they said they can't do anything, so can you contact them in Leixlip?

Hi Tara,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I went already to my branch and they said they can't do anything, so can you contact them in Leixlip?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Tara,

Hi rob_satellites,

Please can you send a PM with your name and contact number and we can arrange for your branch to give you a call?

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement