Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited email from BOI

Options
  • 24-10-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

Today I received an unsolicited email from "Bank of Ireland <info@boimail.com>" with the subject "The app you can bank anywhere".

It is a genuine mail from BOI and it is genuine SPAM.

I would like to know on which legal basis BOI sent this unsolicited email to me as I have never agreed in being contacted via email. The reason that I am an existing customer does not give BOI the right to contact me via email (without my prior consent).

Kind regards,
    Jörn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi jgorres,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you contact your account holding branch, a representative will be more than happy to check the Consent to Contact details on your account. They can also arrange to have your email address removed from further communications. Contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jgorres

Hi Tara,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I will certainly contact the relevant branch. In view of my strict "NO" policy I doubt that the branch will be able to produce any document where I have given my consent on such contacts.

Kind regards,
    Jörn.

Hi Tara,
    jgorres wrote: »
    Hi Tara,

I will certainly contact the relevant branch. In view of my strict "NO" policy I doubt that the branch will be able to produce any document where I have given my consent on such contacts.

Kind regards,
    Jörn.
    I contacted the branch a week ago, left a message on the voice mail system which promised I will be called back within one working day.

I was not called back.

Can you therefore please be kind enough to deal with this matter?

Kind regards,
    Jörn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Tara,
    Hi Tara,

Kind regards,
    Jörn.
    I contacted the branch a week ago, left a message on the voice mail system which promised I will be called back within one working day.

I was not called back.

Can you therefore please be kind enough to deal with this matter?

Kind regards,
    Jörn.
    Hi jgorres,

Thank you for your reply. 

Sorry to hear that you have not yet received a call back. In this case, as we do not have access to your details here, can you please send us a Private Message with your full name and account holding branch (no need to include your account numbers). We can then ask your branch to check this for you. 

You can send me a Private Message by clicking on the link in my signature below. In order to click on the link in my signature, please check in your Control Panel settings that you have signatures set to display and that you have private messaging enabled. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    Hi jgorres,

Sorry to hear that you have not yet received a call back. In this case, as we do not have access to your details here, can you please send us a Private Message with your full name and account holding branch (no need to include your account numbers). We can then ask your branch to check this for you. 

You can send me a Private Message by clicking on the link in my signature below. In order to click on the link in my signature, please check in your Control Panel settings that you have signatures set to display and that you have private messaging enabled. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I received a call same day. Complaint is now in BOI's official pipeline. Thank you for your assistance.

Jörn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    Hi jgorres,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I received a call same day. Complaint is now in BOI's official pipeline. Thank you for your assistance.

Jörn.
    You're welcome Jorn, please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement