Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my dog sick?

• 24-10-2014 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I have a 7.5yr old German Shepherd up to now he's never had any health problems but I'm starting to go get a bit concerned with a few things he's doing lately. Separately I wouldn't worry too much but over the last week he started by scratching his left ear often enough to us to notice, usually only at night, he licks his front paws as well but not too often. The last two days he's vomiting bile once or twice a day and he seems to be having trouble holding pee, usually he'd never pee inside but now I've seen trails of drops all over the kitchen or the living room only a while after he's been out.
    Not sure if it's the dog food, should I try to change him to senior dog food or fish in case he's not digesting it properly? It was suggested to me by the shop assistant in my usual pet shop where I comented about his bad breath and scratching.... Or should I bring him to the vet? Otherwise he's his usual self.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

you really need to take him to a vet. Its the best thing to do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

The skin and ears are unlikely to be related to the peeing. Whilst inappropriate food can cause ear and skin problems, so can mites, or other allergens, or an infection. But worth investigating to see what works.
    The pee trickling would have me worried. The bad breath *may* be related to the pee trickling. On this issue, I would not hesitate to bring him to the vet. He needs urinalysis and bloods done, and a musculoskeletal check up too.

Advertisement