Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchaser and/or solicitor delaying closing of sale

Options
  • 24-10-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

In the process of trying to finalise the sale of my house but purchaser and/or their solicitor is messing about.

We were supposed to close last Friday the 17th, then today when we got a copy of an email sent from purchaser;s solicitor to ours to say that purchaser had only transferred funds today so it could be mid to late next week before they can now close.

Myself and hubby suspect that they are purposely pushing things out past 1st November as the owner of a property on 1st Nov is the person who pays the property tax on it for the following year so we would then be liable for 2015 tax.

Our solicitor has been a disaster from start to finish on this and is offering no advice and is strangely quiet when we put our suspicions about the purchasers intentions to her.

Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd be inclined to agree with your suspicions - particularly as if I was the buyer I'd want to do the same! If your respective solicitors have a good working relationship it is very possible that yours is refusing to rock the boat by pushing for it; you however are the one paying for it so you need to lay it on the line that a fire needs to be lit under them by Wednesday at the latest (allowing for a chronically slow bank and the bank holiday).

Advertisement