Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights on bray head.

• 24-10-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

Have noticed some very bright lights on Bray Head look like work lights. Does anyone know what they are doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nassau

Irish Water putting in meters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Filming, no idea what, but I heard there is a film set there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

axe2grind wrote: »
    Filming, no idea what, but I heard there is a film set there.

Yes they are filming Penny Dreadful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

I knew they were filming down the harbour didn't realise it was on bray head too. Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Will the high up cliff path from the cross be closed because of this does anyone know? I like to run it on Sundays...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Thargor wrote: »
    Will the high up cliff path from the cross be closed because of this does anyone know? I like to run it on Sundays...

they have a section closed off for filming but I believe you can get around it (haven't seen it personally but the mrs. went up for a look yesterday).

The track up from Windgates is quite muddy and churned up from vehicles using it apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

loyatemu wrote: »
    they have a section closed off for filming but I believe you can get around it (haven't seen it personally but the mrs. went up for a look yesterday).

The track up from Windgates is quite muddy and churned up from vehicles using it apparently.

Hi,
    What track is that?

Hi,
    What track is that?

this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

That's what I thought you meant, I live 100 mts from there but always thought it was a private access road..
    That's my Sunday stroll sorted.
    Cheers.

That's what I thought you meant, I live 100 mts from there but always thought it was a private access road..
    That's my Sunday stroll sorted.
    Cheers.

it leads up to the masts on Bray Head then continues up onto the open ground on the top of the hill - you can get up to the trig pillar at the highest point from there, and then continue along the top of the cliffs to the cross, its a great walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭frippy

loyatemu wrote: »
    this one

is that a public right of way?

Advertisement