Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective c-section South Tipperary general hospital (clonmel)

Options
  • 24-10-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    Just wondered has anyone gone through elective section in clonmel??
    How many weeks do they do it at?
    Do they use spinal or epidural??
    Are baby's left with you in recovery? Think I wud be very upset if bubba was taken away!! :(
    Do they help lift baby out first couple nights when hubby's not there?
    Do they allow music players in theatre and cameras??
    And finally the more shallow less important question am I allowed my nails on in theatre ie gel extensions? Doesn't bother me just don't want to waste money it get to hospital and they can't be removed!!
    Any comments help would be very much appreciated thankyou in advance. Xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭naughtyfox

I had an elective c section booked in for 39+6 in stgh but baby decided to come a few days early, they gave me a spinal, or i could choose a general they left it up to me.They did take baby back to ward, I was away from my baby for about 40 minutes so not to bad, hubby brought a phone and was allowed to takr pictures the nurses even took some of him and baby.
    I got lots of help the first two nights with baby but i know of some women who didnt it depends on the nurse but dont be afraid to ask for help.
    I was told no gel nails, no shellac and no polish they need to see your nails for some reason. Best of luck, hope i was of some help.

Forgot to mention the parking pass thats available at security think it was 20euro for 5 days, really handy if you have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

They need to see your nails as in case you are becoming oxygen deprived the skin under them will turn blue - it is an early warning sign (so I was told)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I had gels on hands both times. I hate not having my nails done! It wasn't a problem as I went for French style colour and they can check toes anyway. This was in Holles St though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Best to ask your hospital about the nails, seems some have different policies to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kez1989

naughtyfox wrote: »
    I had an elective c section booked in for 39+6 in stgh but baby decided to come a few days early, they gave me a spinal, or i could choose a general they left it up to me.They did take baby back to ward, I was away from my baby for about 40 minutes so not to bad, hubby brought a phone and was allowed to takr pictures the nurses even took some of him and baby.
    I got lots of help the first two nights with baby but i know of some women who didnt it depends on the nurse but dont be afraid to ask for help.
    I was told no gel nails, no shellac and no polish they need to see your nails for some reason. Best of luck, hope i was of some help.

Thanks for your help :) 39+6 wow thats late think they have said to me around 15th which wil be a week before due date.
    Because u went into labour early.. what was the procedure? was u straight in for emergency section? x

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kez1989

Kez1989 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help :) 39+6 wow thats late think they have said to me around 15th which wil be a week before due date.
    Because u went into labour early.. what was the procedure? was u straight in for emergency section? x

ment to ask also, who was your consultant? and how long was u in for after section hun? x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Had. Both my babies in clonmel normal deliverys and have gel nails but had to get them off both times was told can't have them if I was to have a section got them on again after I got home ;-) best of luck

Kez1989 wrote: »
    ment to ask also, who was your consultant? and how long was u in for after section hun? x

I went in with back pains around 6pm and had the section around 1pm the following day, they didnt believe at first I was in labour, so one night before and then four nights after could have stayed longer but was packed and ready to go by the time the doctors came round, dr vj@y but had another dr do the section.

Advertisement