Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrears on student credit card

Options
  • 24-10-2014 11:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46

Hi my partner has a credit card with aib and she has fallen into arrears I think maybe three months at this stage. I keep telling her to ring them but she's quite odd and won't do it I am planning to pay the arrears this coming Tuesday but I am wondering if the bank could try to recover all the money owed when she eventually gets her student grant. My plan is to pay the arrears and then keep up weekly payments which will amount to a hundred every month. I would approach the bank myself but as its not my account I can't. I hope someone understands what I am saying and might be able to help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

She should contact the credit card dept asap to be honest, and pay off the arrears or else put a plan in to pay the arrears as this could have a negative impact on her credit rating, she might not worry about it now but it would be important for any future potential borrowings.

Advertisement