Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parental security on eircom modem-problems

Options
  • 25-10-2014 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Tried setting up some parental security features on router to manage access from my kids mobile phones
    I can set them all up individually with time based rules but when parental security rules are enabled it impacts on all users even those who don't have rules associated an we need continuously reboot the router. Even when rules are are giving 24 hours access to the master unitin question (my laptop)
    2nd solution was to have mac addresses enabled that I could turn on and off manually. This works fine temporarily but as soon as I close the laptop I set the rules up on everything is locked out even the mac address that I had saved as being allowed. In this case the router has to be reset to factory defaults and start again for anything to work.
    Anyone come across this before with the eircom efibre modem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

otterboy wrote: »
    Tried setting up some parental security features on router to manage access from my kids mobile phones
    I can set them all up individually with time based rules but when parental security rules are enabled it impacts on all users even those who don't have rules associated an we need continuously reboot the router. Even when rules are are giving 24 hours access to the master unitin question (my laptop)
    2nd solution was to have mac addresses enabled that I could turn on and off manually. This works fine temporarily but as soon as I close the laptop I set the rules up on everything is locked out even the mac address that I had saved as being allowed.  In this case the router has to be reset to factory defaults and start again for anything to work.
    Hi otterboy, 

The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260 (te; number and option 0) They'll be able to help you with this.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

2nd solution was to have mac addresses enabled that I could turn on and off manually. This works fine temporarily but as soon as I close the laptop I set the rules up on everything is locked out even the mac address that I had saved as being allowed.  In this case the router has to be reset to factory defaults and start again for anything to work.
    Hi otterboy, 

The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260 (te; number and option 0) They'll be able to help you with this.

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracy
    I spoke to tech support
    whilst they acknowledge that there are parental controls on the router - they don't support them and aren't trained up in them so they are unable to help....
    anyone else experienced this? (and come up with a fix?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi otterboy, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracy
    I spoke to tech support
    whilst they acknowledge that there are parental controls on the router - they don't support them and aren't trained up in them so they are unable to help....
    anyone else experienced this? (and come up with a fix?)

Ok otterboy, I'm sorry I can't help you any further.

Tracey 

Advertisement