Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat sitting beside her brothers grave

• 25-10-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

We buried one of our 2 cats over two months at the end of the garden and the other sits up there everyday in a place she never used sit before......is it possible she can sense whats there

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

That is both interesting and really sad at the same time :o
    Unless he was buried in a sealed box, there's every chance she can get his scent there op, cats have really impressive scenting ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe she does get his scent but she might also be moaning too and missing the other cat. Humans aren,t the only ones that moan after someone dies animals moan too. Maybe you should think about getting another cat for her or get her playing more cat games maybe if you don,t want a second cat again and try get her mind of the other cat tht gone.Help her to move on. If none of that works do maybe try and put something over where the other cat is buried maybe something that she does not like the smell off. That might work.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I think she has moved on, like the rest of us first week or so there was noticeable difference in her habits but apart from that she's her normal self now.....there's a weird reassurance in her sitting up there, sure I often go up there myself of a morning to say hello to him as silly as it might sound

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I don't think that's silly at all op! I'd imagine most people here have some way of spending time with their departed pals, it can be very comforting to find your own way of feeling close to them :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I know of a dog who now over a year later will still lie exactly on the spot where her sister is buried. Sad and lovely all at the same time. As with the OP, it's not really a spot she would have spent much time before hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Recently my mother's cat passed away peacefully at home. The dog she'd adopted last February had developed a really good relationship with that particular cat, and before she buried her, she let both the dog and the cat's daughter she also still has, see and sniff the body. She felt it really helped them both understand what had happened, and now I wish I had brought our dog Lola's body inside for our cats to do the same, when we lost her a couple of months ago :(

She was 25 kg, so I can see why it didn't occur to us to do that, but we could have managed it really, and should have if it might have made things easier on the cats.

Advertisement