Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> motors

Options
  • 25-10-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone else have a bad customer service experience with <SNIP> Motors Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What is the Consumer Issue here? If you provide more details, then posters can off advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lena2008

dudara wrote: »
    What is the Consumer Issue here? If you provide more details, then posters can off advice.

Sent the car in for a bulb change,the technician said we needed a whole new unit,costing €390+labour.. And we should get the other unit also,as it could go at any moment.. When my husband checked it again,the technician had actually broken the clip holding the light bulb .. And having checked around a new unit is not needed just a new light bulb fitted properly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If the bulb was only blown in the first place you should go to a motor factors some of them will even fit the bulb for no extra charge. Plenty garages do that for extra revenue but he was going for the kill. A woman going to the garage on her own means they will presume she knows nothing about cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lena2008

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If the bulb was only blown in the first place you should go to a motor factors some of them will even fit the bulb for no extra charge. Plenty garages do that for extra revenue but he was going for the kill. A woman going to the garage on her own means they will presume she knows nothing about cars.

Thing is,my husband was with me,we were in Galway,passing through going to a Funeral,it would be dark on the drive home,so we popped in there,we live outside of Galway City.. For all this agro,if he had just changed the bulb,I'd be giving them a good review not telling anyone that will listen how bad they are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lena2008 wrote: »
    Thing is,my husband was with me,we were in Galway,passing through going to a Funeral,it would be dark on the drive home,so we popped in there,we live outside of Galway City.. For all this agro,if he had just changed the bulb,I'd be giving them a good review not telling anyone that will listen how bad they are!!
    He was really pushing his luck :mad: must have been a slow day at the garage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement