Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to stick with my plan of hazard in even if siggy is injured. Ill just have to come up with a creative way of doing it if siggy is injured. If siggy is fit it will be silva to hazard. Ive been talking about hazard for weeks so will be kicking myself if he scores big and I dont bring him in.

bensboys wrote: »
    Need help languishing around 500k overall even though I think my team looks reasonable.
    Any advice

Gk Bekovic + Myhill
    Def Bertrand + Hutton + Moore + Duff + Van Aanholt
    Mid ADM + Fab + Sterling + King + Siggy
    FWD Aguero + Pelle + Costa

Is a wildcard required or a couple of hits?
    Thanks

Looks pretty decent. Stoke haven't been great in defence, maybe move begovic out for someone with a good run of fixtures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Good news re Sakho:

@BenDinnery: Good news for #WHUFC as an X-ray confirms leading scorer Sakho suffered no broken bones in Saturdays clash with #MCFC goalkeeper Joe Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    Good news re Sakho:

@BenDinnery: Good news for #WHUFC as an X-ray confirms leading scorer Sakho suffered no broken bones in Saturdays clash with #MCFC goalkeeper Joe Hart

Scan tomorrow for ligament damage

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

I see a lot of people willing/selling Fabregas for Hazard or Sanchez. Is it really worth it considering both are dearer?

Fabregas is on 1 goal & 8 assists with 9 BPs in 9 games. So he gets something every game on average and is on 1 BP per game. Doesn't he offer the consistency and security which define a must-have player?

People argued that he won't keep his assisting rate which is abnormally high but he could improve his scoring rate which I believe is lower than expected.

I don't think I would be buying Cesc for 9.7m, but he's the most secure member of my current midfield. He just keeps ticking over and besides being on the Suspension Tightrope now is one of my best decisions this season.

Dónal wrote: »
    Looks pretty decent. Stoke haven't been great in defence, maybe move begovic out for someone with a good run of fixtures?
    Stoke actually have the 3rd best defensive record in the league 10 goals conceded. However from a FF perspective they have the annoying habit of conceding 1 goal most weeks without ever getting well beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Neoulous wrote: »
    I see a lot of people willing/selling Fabregas for Hazard or Sanchez. Is it really worth it considering both are dearer?

Fabregas is on 1 goal & 8 assists with 9 BPs in 9 games. So he gets something every game on average and is on 1 BP per game. Doesn't he offer the consistency and security which define a must-have player?

People argued that he won't keep his assisting rate which is abnormally high but he could improve his scoring rate which I believe is lower than expected.

He's done brilliantly but i get the feeling Hazard will start outscoring him very soon. Hazard is so explosive and it looks like he's getting close to his best - points will follow. You could of course own both, but if just one i'd wager on Hazard being the better bet going forward. Sanchez is a class act tho i'm not sure he's worth the price tag. Ramsey and Walcott coming back into the Arsenal side will surely lessen his appeal somewhat. 2 goals this week but both were defensive calamities. He capitalized well tho

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've been toying with the idea of switching Fab out for a few weeks if I WC and just swap with Hazard. With just 1 yellow away it could be clever or end up missing a League cup game.

Hazard has a goal bonanza itching to explode and I want to on him for that. In theory I'd then be free to swap between them for the season then. I want Sanchez too but I'm wary of ditching ADM. But I'm struggling to pick my other 1/2 starting mids as I'll get Siggy out for a while.

The inclusion/exclusion of Baines and Costa will go along way with my budget too.

Silly wildcard thoughts hurting my brain!

Stoke actually have the 3rd best defensive record in the league 10 goals conceded. However from a FF perspective they have the annoying habit of conceding 1 goal most weeks without ever getting well beaten.

Nice one, that's pretty interesting. You'd hope it's only a matter of time to when they go on a good patch of clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Thinking of bringing Silva back into my team (for Sterling).

Siggurdson is injured but I can't see a replacement for him at this moment tbh. Will wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Have swapped out Sterling for Sanchez. Still have another FT with possible candidates for a move out including Welbeck, Siggy and my ever disappointing goalkeeper, Heaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

If Siggy is actually injured, I might go a bit mad and take a punt on Fellaini.

Dónal wrote: »
    Nice one, that's pretty interesting. You'd hope it's only a matter of time to when they go on a good patch of clean sheets.
    Ye I think they are one of the more organised teams in the league. However they had a great run of opening fixtures which returned very few clean sheets so from a FF perspective it doesnt look good. In 9 league games 10 goals conceded they have 2 clean sheets, 5 games they let in 1 goal, 1 game they let in 2 and 1 game they let in 3.
    Burnley on the otherhand have let in 16 goals however they have 3 clean sheets.
    Stoke have a tough run of fixtures coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

wonski wrote:
    Siggurdson is injured but I can't see a replacement for him at this moment tbh. Will wait and see.

Mane is the glaring obvious choice. He has actually outscored Siggurdson since he moved to the league.

dakid wrote: »
    Mane is the glaring obvious choice. He has actually outscored Siggurdson since he moved to the league.

Thanks but he is too expensive and from Southampton, so can't do it.

The only one I can think of is Chadli, but i am not too excited about him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Lemlin wrote:
    I'd also be hopeful of him perhaps getting forward a bit and some attacking returns.

I wouldn't hold my breath 0 goals or assists last season in an attacking Southampton team. There is a reason Wenger sees him as a centre back and not a right back.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Guys...Everybody rushed for Sanchez, but who have seen his goals vs. Hull? C'mon...It was right place right time imo.

I'd say Hazard is more profitable investment than Sanchez.

1. He costs 9,9 and Sanchez 10.3

2. Chelsea schedule:
    QPR H
    Liverpool A (never knows)
    West Brom H
    Sunderland A
    Spurs H (Newcastle beat them up)
    Newcastle A
    Hull H

in comparison to Arsenal's schedule:

Burnley H
    Swansea A (solid team)
    United H (Rooney and Falcao will/could be back)
    WBA A
    Saints H (the best defence in PL)
    Stoke A
    Newcastle H

could look similar, but Arsenal has lack of consistency, regularity and a bit of tougher games, when Chelsea looks more and more like machine.

3. I keep Costa and have Fabs on the pitch, anyway consider next Chelsea's player.

4. I worry about rotations

What you guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Think i'll just be doing elliot to jakupovic to make sure i've a keeper playing due to the uncertainty over mannone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking ADM and Peile out for Sanchez and Welbeck, and -4 , or Sterling for Walcott and take a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking ADM and Peile out for Sanchez and Welbeck, and -4 , or Sterling for Walcott and take a chance

Whatever about anything else it would be might brave to transfer Pelle out just yet.

kolczastyy wrote: »
    Guys...Everybody rushed for Sanchez, but who have seen his goals vs. Hull? C'mon...It was right place right time imo.

I'd say Hazard is more profitable investment than Sanchez.

1. He costs 9,9 and Sanchez 10.3

2. Chelsea schedule:
    QPR H
    Liverpool A (never knows)
    West Brom H
    Sunderland A
    Spurs H (Newcastle beat them up)
    Newcastle A
    Hull H

in comparison to Arsenal's schedule:

Burnley H
    Swansea A (solid team)
    United H (Rooney and Falcao will/could be back)
    WBA A
    Saints H (the best defence in PL)
    Stoke A
    Newcastle H

could look similar, but Arsenal has lack of consistency, regularity and a bit of tougher games, when Chelsea looks more and more like machine.

3. I keep Costa and have Fabs on the pitch, anyway consider next Chelsea's player.

4. I worry about rotations

What you guess?

You can't have them all, can you?

Both Sanchez and Hazard are players who can score in any game. Hazard was very close to score last night.

It is only a matter of time when Hazard hits double digits but I already have Fab and Costa so can't see a need for him at this moment.

Sanchez is 10.4 now btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I have Wilson in defence.

Stoke have a very tough set of fixtures coming up – West Ham (home), Spurs (away), Burnley (home), Liverpool (Away), Utd (Home), Arsenal (Away), Crystal Palace (Away), Chelsea (Home), Everton (Away).

I can’t see them getting many clean sheets at all. Realistically only about 1 clean sheet from the next 9 games.

Thinking of getting Alcarez for Everton. He’s only 4.3m so I can free up 0.2 m from selling Wilson.

Can any Everton fans confirm if he will still get his game?

patmac wrote: »

Walcott hasn't even started yet. I would wait and see.

Pelle is in good form - not sure if replacing him with Welbeck is such a good idea. With Hull away and Leicester at home next I can see the Saints scoring few goals. And when they score, Pelle is involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I have exactly enough for ADM to Sanchez , would I be mad getting rid of ADM

• Advertisement

I have exactly enough for ADM to Sanchez , would I be mad getting rid of ADM

I did it this gameweek - can't complain:D

It is 50/50. Sanchez is more likely to score while ADM to assist.
    Wouldn't be sure who will get more points in next weeks tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I wouldn't get rid of adm, everything is going through him and United will score. My plan is to leave costa up top with ageuro and double up on United attacking cover with adm and Rooney after the city game.

I'll only have the one Chelsea player but costa when back will be on the end of most chances , out and out goal scorer.

My back line will be fairly weak bar baines when I bring Rooney in, I don't believe in playing for clean sheets anyway , very frustrating but baines is essentially a winger so he should continue to score points.

If ramsey hits form il downgrade sanchez to free up some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Adm to hazard next week lads what you think.?Adm v man city, hazard v qpr.

Adm to hazard next week lads what you think.?Adm v man city, hazard v qpr.

Exact move I'm considering. I'd probably captain Hazard as well.
    If the conspiracy theorists are somehow correct that Cesc will play against Shrewsbury and deliberately pick up a yellow to be suspended for QPR, it will be Cesc to Hazard instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

If the conspiracy theorists are somehow correct that Cesc will play against Shrewsbury and deliberately pick up a yellow to be suspended for QPR, it will be Cesc to Hazard instead.

I like your thinkin;) oh and would i be better off tradin up from alderwerield to clyne in the long run?

• Advertisement

Might as well stick with Aldy. Most people will be looking to get rid of their Southampton defenders in a few weeks anyway

Conspiracy theories are great but do you really think Fab will start this game?

I would expect reserves to play tbh.

All he need is to show up and take off his shirt for few seconds, though.

wonski wrote: »
    Conspiracy theories are great but do you really think Fab will start this game?

I would expect reserves to play tbh.

All he need is to show up and take off his shirt for few seconds, though.

I don't expect him to be in the squad tomorrow, but Mourinho is well known for having his players pick up deliberate bookings so they aren't suspended for key matches.

I don't expect him to be in the squad tomorrow, but Mourinho is well known for having his players pick up deliberate bookings so they aren't suspended for key matches.

I remember the same conversation last season and...it didn't happen.

Can't remember the details now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Can any Everton fans confirm if he will still get his game?
    Nope, nobody can confirm that.

According to Everton fans, Alcaraz is rubbish, but Distin is the alternative. Distin was rumoured to have had a run in with the manager, but he played last week in Europe.

50/50 as to which will play any of the next 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

wonski wrote: »
    I remember the same conversation last season and...it didn't happen.

Can't remember the details now.

Think that may have been Silva/City in Dec of last year iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Transferred in Sakho only now he's injured.

With Siggy &Costa in my team major surgery is needed.

What a mess I've put myself in

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Transferred in Sakho only now he's injured.

With Siggy &Costa in my team major surgery is needed.

What a mess I've put myself in

Costa should be fine by next weekend. Apparently he had a fitness test yesterday and they thought he was a bit "weak" to play. He trained on Saturday.

I'd also expect Siggy not to be too bad as he felt his groin before the game but still played.

Sakho is apparently going to miss anything between two and four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Costa should be fine by next weekend. Apparently he had a fitness test yesterday and they thought he was a bit "weak" to play. He trained on Saturday.

I'd also expect Siggy not to be too bad as he felt his groin before the game but still played.

Cheers for that.

With 0.1 ITB would you straight swap Sakho for someone & take 4 point hit or wait til wkend to hear more on the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Fabregas goes up another 0.1m, I can afford him to Hazard. Think I'll do that transfer once he goes up which I'd expect him to.

Am also tempted to go ADM -> Sanchez or Hazard, and possibly have 2 Chelsea midfielders and Costa. Think that might be overkill though.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Cheers for that.

With 0.1 ITB would you straight swap Sakho for someone & take 4 point hit or wait til wkend to hear more on the others

If you have a decent sub to come in, I'd leave it. Sakho will miss max 2 games it appears with the international break.

West Ham Central @WestHam_Central
    BREAKING: West Ham striker Diafra Sakho is FIT to play against Stoke City this weekend. (Via @SkySportsNewsHQ)
    1:45 PM - 27 Oct 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Hazard in for Sterling.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    West Ham Central @WestHam_Central
    BREAKING: West Ham striker Diafra Sakho is FIT to play against Stoke City this weekend. (Via @SkySportsNewsHQ)
    1:45 PM - 27 Oct 2014
    Bugger. More reliable source....

Jack Sullivan @jsullivanwhu · 2h 2 hours ago
    Sakho will be out for 1-4 weeks after Saturday's game ! Max out for 2 games

1 weeks is best case
    4 weeks is worst case
    #COYI #WHU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Griever931 wrote: »
    Hazard in for Sterling.

How much did you have in the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

GiftofGab wrote: »
    How much did you have in the bank?

1.2m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If Fabregas was to play against Shrewsbury and be booked would he be out for this weekend's game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    If Fabregas was to play against Shrewsbury and be booked would he be out for this weekend's game?
    Yes he would miss a very very easy game vs QPR and be well rested for Europe ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    Yes he would miss a very very easy game vs QPR and be well rested for Europe ;)
    And with Liverpool away the following week I thought it might not be outside the realms of possibility that Mourinho might do what he has done on a number of occasions at Real (I think it was under Mourinho at least) with the intentional suspensions.

Again, like a significant amount of my postings, probably wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Feel stupid for getting rid of Siggy but its the only way to work Sanchez into my team. taking comfort that he might be injured and his next three games are not too appealing anyways.

Advertisement