Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Raf32 wrote: »
    Feel stupid for getting rid of Siggy but its the only way to work Sanchez into my team. taking comfort that he might be injured and his next three games are not too appealing anyways.
    Yellow flag is gone, agreed on the fixtures but I think he is a season keeper for me barring injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

thinking of bringing amalfitano in for kranjcar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bugger. More reliable source....

Jack Sullivan @jsullivanwhu · 2h 2 hours ago
    Sakho will be out for 1-4 weeks after Saturday's game ! Max out for 2 games

1 weeks is best case
    4 weeks is worst case
    #COYI #WHU

@BenDinnery: Sakho is expected to be out for 'couple of weeks' Pascoe "He's progressing. Unfortunate - he came back & picked up a similar injury" #LFC

He'll miss two games and then be back after the international break I'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    @BenDinnery: Sakho is expected to be out for 'couple of weeks' Pascoe "He's progressing. Unfortunate - he came back & picked up a similar injury" #LFC

He'll miss two games and then be back after the international break I'd expect.

That's Mamadou Sakho on Liverpool ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lemlin wrote: »
    If you have a decent sub to come in, I'd leave it. Sakho will miss max 2 games it appears with the international break.

Don't really have decent subs.

Boyd, Or 3 defenders of Hutton, Duff, Wisdom & Wilson

Play Boyd & 2 of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That's Mamadou Sakho on Liverpool ;)

Oops, wondered why it said LFC!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Thinking of bringing in either Sanchez or Hazard for sterling this week. Already have Costa and Fab so will probably go for Arsenal cover as I have none at present. downgrade to Walcott in a few weeks as soon as he starts a match .

I need to dump my 2 Swansea defenders too but I can see many transfers for that price range that are good for the next 2 weeks. 5mil keeper and 4.6mil defender.

Good week to take a points hit since it wont affect the monthly prize scores .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thinking of bringing in either Sanchez or Hazard for sterling this week. Already have Costa and Fab so will probably go for Arsenal cover as I have none at present. downgrade to Walcott in a few weeks as soon as he starts a match .

I need to dump my 2 Swansea defenders too but I can see many transfers for that price range that are good for the next 2 weeks. 5mil keeper and 4.6mil defender.

Good week to take a points hit since it wont affect the monthly prize scores .

It will affect November's score

It will affect November's score

No it wont, from a monthly score point of view, you have pretty much got a wild card at the start of each month. Any points hits taking now will not come off either month.

From the League Rules page

Any transfer point deductions in the Gameweek before a phase starts won't be deducted from the phase score. For example, any transfers made in Gameweek 3 (preparing for Gameweek 4) won't be deducted from your September score

No it wont, from a monthly score point of view, you have pretty much got a wild card at the start of each month. Any points hits taking now will not come off either month.

Any transfer point deductions in the Gameweek before a phase starts won't be deducted from the phase score. For example, any transfers made in Gameweek 3 (preparing for Gameweek 4) won't be deducted from your September score

Learn something new every day. I didn't know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

bensboys wrote: »
    Need help languishing around 500k overall even though I think my team looks reasonable.
    Any advice

Gk Bekovic + Myhill
    Def Bertrand + Hutton + Moore + Duff + Van Aanholt
    Mid ADM + Fab + Sterling + King + Siggy
    FWD Aguero + Pelle + Costa

Is a wildcard required or a couple of hits?

Thanks

Wildcard played

Went with

GK Lloris + Myhill
    Def Bertrand + Baines + Chambers + S Taylor + Moore
    Mid Sterling + ADM + Boyd + Siggy + Fan
    FWD Aguero + Pelle + Wellbeck

Any ideas where I could make some money?

Needed to do something my 8 year old son is 400k places ahead of me...☺☺☺☺

You could do Berahino over Welbeck. I'm not a fan of spending 5.6m on Lloris, but my goalkeepers haven't been doing much better (Mannone and Heaton)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Chester to Cresswell done. Would like Sanchez but don't think he's worth 10.4

Learn something new every day. I didn't know that.

A lot of people don't know about that rule since they are usually more concerned about the overall score and the fact it isn't that noticeable when looking at the monthly league table . We only spotted it by accident 2 seasons ago when we noticed that points hits weren't coming off the score and emailed FF to see if it was a clitch

It's very handy if you have monthly prizes and haven't much hope of winning your main league later in the season .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wildcard played

Went with

GK Lloris + Myhill
    Def Bertrand + Baines + Chambers + S Taylor + Moore
    Mid Sterling + ADM + Boyd + Siggy + Fan
    FWD Aguero + Pelle + Wellbeck

Any ideas where I could make some money?

Needed to do something my 8 year old son is 400k places ahead of me...☺☺☺☺

Have you activated that wildcard?

Seems like an awful waste. Your midfield is the same barring your non playing 5th.
    A -4 could have got you Costa -> Welbeck & Def -> Baines.
    The other changes are marginal imo.

PARlance wrote: »
    Have you activated that wildcard?

Seems like an awful waste. Your midfield is the same barring your non playing 5th.
    A -4 could have got you Costa -> Welbeck & Def -> Baines.
    The other changes are marginal imo.

Fair point, activated already, still in 2 minds about sterling though and I was anxious to get chambers with arsenals fixtures.

Still might go sterling to chadli and wellbeck to Rooney but probably quite risky? Need to make up some ground though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I actually thought it was "monthly" strictly speaking, e.g. if you do 2 transfers today (27th Oct) and one Saturday morning (1st Nov), the only transfer counted for the November monthly prize is the one made on the Saturday.

Thanks for clarifying it then ;).

Fair point, activated already, still in 2 minds about sterling though and I was anxious to get chambers with arsenals fixtures.

Still might go sterling to chadli and wellbeck to Rooney but probably quite risky? Need to make up some ground though!

I'm getting rid of Sterling based on Liverpools and the risk he might get rested . Saying that he could do well against Newcastle at the weekend . Chelsea the week after so happy enough to get rid of him for 2 weeks anyway. Plus he's dropping in value

I'm getting rid of Sterling based on Liverpools and the risk he might get rested . Saying that he could do well against Newcastle at the weekend . Chelsea the week after so happy enough to get rid of him for 2 weeks anyway. Plus he's dropping in value

Is he expected to drop tonight or tomorrow?

Is he expected to drop tonight or tomorrow?
    He has dropped once this week. At 60% on fpls so needs another 18k out according to that so should be safe for the rest of the week or at worst Friday night imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Duff
    > Baines
    Aguero ---> Welbeck

Am I mad? Team below:

Bekovic, Elliot
    Wisdom, Clyne, Hutton, Duff, Moore
    Di Maria, Sterling, Sigs, Cesc, King
    Ageuro, Costa, Pelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Trilla wrote: »
    Aguero --->

Am I mad?

Yes. Don't do it under any circumstances.

Paully D wrote: »
    Yes. Don't do it under any circumstances.

So Costa out for Welbeck? Thanks for wake up ya eejit reply :)

I need to Arsenalize my team somewhat and get Baines\Coleman into the below :O

Begovic, Elliot
    Ageuro, Costa, Pelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Begovic, Elliot
    Ageuro, Costa, Pelle

I'd do Hutton and Costa -> Baines and Welbeck in your situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Begovic, Elliot
    Ageuro, Costa, Pelle

Why would you sell Costa now that he's almost back? It's very likely he could play v QPR and rack up a huge score. If you want Baines/Coleman, I think the better option would be to downgrade Sterling and get the cash that way. In terms of Arsenal cover, waiting for Walcott might be the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Trying to get my head into the whole WC now with a cup of tea and a few things are becoming apparent:

-I've got a Costa/Baines Mexican standoff. It seems like I can't really have both. Baines seems "essential" but he really is expensive. As for Costa I reckon it's not inconceivable that he could turn into last season's Yaya if his situation isn't sorted out.

-A conundrum with ADM. Trying to fit himself, Sanchez and Hazard is proving impossible without a 4th mid who costs roughly about -3.5 :pac: Especially so when trying to fit Costa and Baines in. He plays City and Arsenal in the next 3 games but also Palace, Hull and Stoke at home in the next 5.

-Cresswell is somebody I've been thinking about for about a month and talking about for a couple of weeks now. 2 assists in 2. I really want him but 5.4 for a WHam defender is a luxury that isn't possible when taking the above into account. It's probably either Baines or Cresswell who could be seen as a Baines lite.

-Choosing a GK is tough

If I'm going to WC I probably need to get the wheel in motion tonight or tomorrow at the very latest. I guess I can't have them all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Trying to get my head into the whole WC now with a cup of tea and a few things are becoming apparent:

-I've got a Costa/Baines Mexican standoff. It seems like I can't really have both. Baines seems "essential" but he really is expensive. As for Costa I reckon it's not inconceivable that he could turn into last season's Yaya if his situation isn't sorted out.

-A conundrum with ADM. Trying to fit himself, Sanchez and Hazard is proving impossible without a 4th mid who costs roughly about -3.5 :pac: Especially so when trying to fit Costa and Baines in. He plays City and Arsenal in the next 3 games but also Palace, Hull and Stoke at home in the next 5.

-Cresswell is somebody I've been thinking about for about a month and talking about for a couple of weeks now. 2 assists in 2. I really want him but 5.4 for a WHam defender is a luxury that isn't possible when taking the above into account. It's probably either Baines or Cresswell who could be seen as a Baines lite.

-Choosing a GK is tough

If I'm going to WC I probably need to get the wheel in motion tonight or tomorrow at the very latest. I guess I can't have them all though.

jukopovic seems like a good choice for backup keeper. 4.0 and getting game time since coming into the game. Has played the last couple of games for hull with a good return in his last game and the next few games aren't horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is Ivanovic going to miss any league games because of the red card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is Ivanovic going to miss any league games because of the red card?

No, he will serve his suspension vs Shrewsbury in the League Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Rikand wrote: »
    jukopovic seems like a good choice for backup keeper. 4.0 and getting game time since coming into the game. Has played the last couple of games for hull with a good return in his last game and the next few games aren't horrible

Was looking at him myself, couldn't find much concrete info but it seems there's a decent chance McGregor will be back after the international break, which would mean Jukopivic may only get 2 more games. A good option for someone like Mr P who's on a wildcard but probably not the most efficient use of a transfer for those of us who aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

-Choosing a GK is tough

Am in the exact same boat asking myself much of the same questions. And yeah we need a £-3.5m 4th mid for this dream team to be put together :pac:.

Difference with you is I went for it. Haven't activated it yet (since WC transfers are not included in price changes there's no hurry, who knows if I could make an unlikely £0.1m that's already be a little miracle) but already made a couple of transfers (and was already one day late for Sanchez :mad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Team at the moment . 4pt hit bringing in Chadi didn't work. Also changed Costa to Kun.

Forster / Mannone (S)
    Konchesky Clyne Ivanovic (Subs Taylor /Duff)
    Siggy Chadli Di María Fábregas (Sub McGeady)
    Pellè Welbeck Agüero

Changes for this week?
    Tempted by the switch back to Costa if he is fully fit? Is Ivanovic banned for 1 game now? Not showing? Tempted by a Ivana out Baines/Coleman IN. Think a lot of people who have KUN will switch back to Costa given the "easier" game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Team at the moment . 4pt hit bringing in Chadi didn't work. Also changed Costa to Kun.

Forster / Mannone (S)
    Konchesky Clyne Ivanovic (Subs Taylor /Duff)
    Siggy Chadli Di María Fábregas (Sub McGeady)
    Pellè Welbeck Agüero

Changes for this week?
    Tempted by the switch back to Costa if he is fully fit? Is Ivanovic banned for 1 game now? Not showing? Tempted by a Ivana out Baines/Coleman IN. Think a lot of people who have KUN will switch back to Costa given the "easier" game

Ivan has qpr the weekend cant see why transfer him out this week.
    personally il have both kun and costa top captain choices too. Think you have a little too much tied up in your subs personally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Cant afford Kun and Costa both at the moment. So its either one or the other? If Costa plays v QPR I think he'll do damage?
    Likewise I can see Augero getting goals at Man United, just not as many as DC "IF HE PLAYS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

skippy15 wrote: »
    Ivan has qpr the weekend cant see why transfer him out this week.

i think he's referring to the red card he received...

which he will serve during the Carling cup game this week. The suspension will be lifted by the time the QPR game comes along, hence no red flag on the site

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Going to bank my transfer this week, will wait and see how the Costa situation plays out.

Why would you sell Costa now that he's almost back? It's very likely he could play v QPR and rack up a huge score. If you want Baines/Coleman, I think the better option would be to downgrade Sterling and get the cash that way. In terms of Arsenal cover, waiting for Walcott might be the best option.

I might take a risk without Costa, hoping Welbeck and Baines will be solid differentials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Falcao hasnt workied out at all for me yet and with City away/yellow flag/not 100% to start anyway I'm gonna ditch him for Lukaku till I wildcard at international break.

I know he'll hit a vein of form at some stage, but with Rooney back & RVP seemingly bulletproof with LVG it's too hard to tell when

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Probably bank it and double up next weekend on saints players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kelly and Di Maria have made way for Chambers and Sanchez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Cork/Siggy to Tadic/Boyd

Had to ship out Cork as already have Clyne & Pelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Was a bit bored and impatient and had 2 FT burning a hole in my pocket, so went for

Moreno + Tadic -> Chambers + Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Was a bit bored and impatient and had 2 FT burning a hole in my pocket, so went for

Moreno + Tadic -> Chambers + Walcott.
    I'm thinking of doing something very similar unless Shako is out for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

So many wants, mainly baines and Creswell, don't think I can afford it unless I downgrade sterling to sat diame.... Tempting I must say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Walcott hasn't played a competitive minute of football for nearly 10 months :pac::pac::pac: Give him time :pac::pac::pac:

manual_man wrote: »
    Walcott hasn't played a competitive minute of football for nearly 10 months :pac::pac::pac: Give him time :pac::pac::pac:
    exactly wenger said he will ease him in over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Team for next week currently would be the below with 0.0 in the bank:

Begovic
    Chambers - Moreno - Bertrand
    Sterling - Sanchez - Fabregas - Sigurdsson
    Berahino - Aguero - Costa

Subs : Moore, Boyd, Duff

On 1st look one might not see too much wrong with the above. Would I be absolutely mad to replace Sterling & Sigurdsson with Tadic & Mane for a 4 point hit?!

Last week I replaced Di Maria & Ulloa with Sanchez and Berahino so maybe I am getting carried away and being too brave?

Sterling will be going from a lot of teams this week, very hard to ignore attacking players from a team in 2nd place and who will likely still be there in 3 weeks time looking at their fixtures. Over those 3 weeks Sigurdsson has tough fixtures.

Tadic and Mane seems a bit excessive, especially once their fixtures turn south. I would just pick one and ship Sterling out; Siggy is great value if you've had him from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Testing the waters on this one:

Samuel Eto'o

Probably far too much trouble with the Europa League but still those 2 goals at the weekend could be the start of something good. 5.6 on top of it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Testing the waters on this one:

Samuel Eto'o

Probably far too much trouble with the Europa League but still those 2 goals at the weekend could be the start of something good. 5.6 on top of it all

Much better options imo in that price bracket. Berahino, Sahko (if fit) etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement