Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thinking of not getting Costa back in, and instead doing Sterling out, Hazard in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Taylor out - Chambers in. No price difference, no brainer really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Eriksen -> Silva, opinions?

Have 2 FTs, Spurs seem really hit or miss atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ned Walsh

It seems to me that this year there are very few clean sheet around. Every team seems to be conceding one goal even if they're winning easily. With that in mind I'm going as cheap as I can in the defence and GK while still having the possibility of a clean sheet. For me Baines is too expensive for what he is. Cresswell appeals to me, if only he was 5.0m he'd be a great option. I'm tempted to put in Jakupovic for Courtois but if McGreggor is back soon if seems a wasted transfer.
    Upfront I have Welbz-Aguero and Dodgy Costa. Welbz is possibly out for me after this week. Enner Valencia looks a good option, maybe Abel Hernandez too. If I was to go cheaper Sakho, Eto'o and Berahino look well priced 3rd striker options. But Costa is tormenting me. I'd prefer if he was out for a few weeks and I'd bring in Pelle,Bony or Lukaku but the fear of not having Costa if and when he scores highly frightens me enough not to pull the trigger.

In midfield I've got ADM(Walcott in here?) Fab(going nowhere unless Hazard pulls ahead in points scoring) Eriksen(meh Tadic probs isn't going to score much more) Lamps(need to get rid,looking at Barkley,Siggy or Mane in 6.5 category) and Cork(4.4 playing midfielder with a slight chance of scoring/assisting can't ask for much more)
    So yeah any opinions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ned Walsh wrote: »
    It seems to me that this year there are very few clean sheet around. Every team seems to be conceding one goal even if they're winning easily. With that in mind I'm going as cheap as I can in the defence and GK while still having the possibility of a clean sheet. For me Baines is too expensive for what he is. Cresswell appeals to me, if only he was 5.0m he'd be a great option. I'm tempted to put in Jakupovic for Courtois but if McGreggor is back soon if seems a wasted transfer.
    Upfront I have Welbz-Aguero and Dodgy Costa. Welbz is possibly out for me after this week. Enner Valencia looks a good option, maybe Abel Hernandez too. If I was to go cheaper Sakho, Eto'o and Berahino look well priced 3rd striker options. But Costa is tormenting me. I'd prefer if he was out for a few weeks and I'd bring in Pelle,Bony or Lukaku but the fear of not having Costa if and when he scores highly frightens me enough not to pull the trigger.

In midfield I've got ADM(Walcott in here?) Fab(going nowhere unless Hazard pulls ahead in points scoring) Eriksen(meh Tadic probs isn't going to score much more) Lamps(need to get rid,looking at Barkley,Siggy or Mane in 6.5 category) and Cork(4.4 playing midfielder with a slight chance of scoring/assisting can't ask for much more)
    So yeah any opinions welcome

And what is he?

There are 6 people in the game with higher points than him and 5 of those cost considerably more than him.

Pelle, Costa, Aguero, Siggy, Sanchez & Fabregas.

His last last 6 games gives him an average of 8 point per game! That is cracking form for £7.2 million

Chesty08 wrote: »
    And what is he?

There are 6 people in the game with higher points than him and 5 of those cost considerably more than him.

Pelle, Costa, Aguero, Siggy, Sanchez & Fabregas.

His last last 6 games gives him an average of 8 point per game! That is cracking form for £7.2 million

I'd happily pay £12 million for a player that averages 8 points a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Hackers

Thanks, good points there. I only got Siggy in at 6.4 so it is a bit tempting to move him on as it wont hit me too hard in the pocket if I want to get him back in 3 weeks time.

Tadic or Mane is a tough call, would hate to pick the wrong one!
    Tadic and Mane seems a bit excessive, especially once their fixtures turn south. I would just pick one and ship Sterling out; Siggy is great value if you've had him from the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The number of lower-priced options performing well is good for the game - tho providing more headaches for us ff managers!

Berahino/Sakho have been the most consistent cheap strikers. Etoo bagged a brace (and almost a hat-trick) at the weekend, Austin got a brace in a QPR side that seems to have found some confidence (some good fixtures on the horizon too). Then you have Diame in midfield, Siggy too of course - Mane/Tadic not too much dearer... And then there's others like Downing, Chadli, even Jedinak that can be considered worthy of attention... I'm finding it hard pressed to think of another season where there were SO many cheaper attacking options vying for our attention

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's been scenarios with my tinkering that has led me to looking at Brunt at times. Always good for ticking over and has a great set piece delivery for 5.4. Berahino is probably better value within WBA at 5.9 but for a 4th mid that's surrounded by heavy hitters in almost every spot you could do worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

There's been scenarios with my tinkering that has led me to looking at Brunt at times. Always good for ticking over and has a great set piece delivery for 5.4. Berahino is probably better value within WBA at 5.9 but for a 4th mid that's surrounded by heavy hitters in almost every spot you could do worse.

That's funny you mention Brunt. I've been considering him as a 4th mid today. I was quite happy to persist with Puncheon as long as he was starting as I know he will score goals but he was left out on Saturday and I can't be having that. I can afford to upgrade Siggy to Sanchez if I bring in Brunt for Puncheon, my other thought was Jedinak, as he's on penalties and seems guaranteed his place he's tempting me also.
    Any other suggestions in the 5.4 or less category?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Im really unsure who to use boyd or one of my subs who best option to start

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

Lovern out and Baines in I think is my main swap

That's funny you mention Brunt. I've been considering him as a 4th mid today. I was quite happy to persist with Puncheon as long as he was starting as I know he will score goals but he was left out on Saturday and I can't be having that. I can afford to upgrade Siggy to Sanchez if I bring in Brunt for Puncheon, my other thought was Jedinak, as he's on penalties and seems guaranteed his place he's tempting me also.
    Any other suggestions in the 5.4 or less category?

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Jedinak has caught my eye too. On penalties and makes a nuisance of himself in the box. I've dabbled with Brunt for a while most seasons everyyear

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Jedinak has caught my eye too. On penalties and makes a nuisance of himself in the box. I've dabbled with Brunt for a while most seasons everyyear

how's your team value shaping up? i'm half looking forward to having a squad with Costa Aguero Hazard ADM Sterling Walcott Siggy and Baines in it a few gameweeks down the line. Rest of the squad will be the cheapest of the cheap but i'm severely tempted

manual_man wrote: »
    how's your team value shaping up? i'm half looking forward to having a squad with Costa Aguero Hazard ADM Sterling Walcott Siggy and Baines in it a few gameweeks down the line. Rest of the squad will be the cheapest of the cheap but i'm severely tempted

Not good. A resale of 101.3

The whole lack of transfers or wildcard and stalling the last few weeks is catching up a little

• Advertisement

Not good. A resale of 101.3

The whole lack of transfers or wildcard and stalling the last few weeks is catching up a little

Yeah the hollywood idea i just mentioned is tempting, tho the funny thing is there's so many cheaper players performing well the extra value may not be of much real benefit. As regards Jedinak i'd have him as a 1st sub and no more, but even at that i'd be inclined to get someone cheaper as they'll spend the majority of gameweeks on your bench anyway. Have you pulled the trigger yet? Or are you gonna hold off til the next int'l break?

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah the hollywood idea i just mentioned is tempting, tho the funny thing is there's so many cheaper players performing well the extra value may not be of much real benefit. As regards Jedinak i'd have him as a 1st sub and no more, but even at that i'd be inclined to get someone cheaper as they'll spend the majority of gameweeks on your bench anyway. Have you pulled the trigger yet? Or are you gonna hold off til the next int'l break?

No trigger pulled yet. Waiting to see if Jose has anything to say tonight. I'm edging closer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Have 2 FT so thinking of doing Sterling and Di Maria to Tadic and Sanchez. Thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No it wont, from a monthly score point of view, you have pretty much got a wild card at the start of each month. Any points hits taking now will not come off either month.

From the League Rules page

Any transfer point deductions in the Gameweek before a phase starts won't be deducted from the phase score. For example, any transfers made in Gameweek 3 (preparing for Gameweek 4) won't be deducted from your September score

When are the points deducted then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

No trigger pulled yet. Waiting to see if Jose has anything to say tonight. I'm edging closer though.

I'm dropping mine at 11:00 PM - one way or the other :)

i think.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

F1ngers wrote: »
    When are the points deducted then?

In these case, the points are only deducted from your overall rankings, not from your monthly rankings.

Thinking Wisdom to Alcaraz

Everton with a nice few games coming up and Wisdom with a few sticky ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Bit on an impulse buy with 2 FT's

Wilson --> Baines

Sterling --> Diame

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads I have Begovic, Sterling and ADM dropping before the end of the week. I'm hovering on the WC but anyone see a -4 hit here...

Begovic
    Baines - Clyne - Moore (Naylor, Duff)
    Fabregas - ADM - Sterling - Sigurdsson (Boyd)
    Aguero (c) - Welbeck - Pelle

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads I have Begovic, Sterling and ADM dropping before the end of the week. I'm hovering on the WC but anyone see a -4 hit here...

Begovic

Thanks!

I have the same front 7 as you. I am not too concerned on price drops as Sterling could get a great haul at Newcastle. Don't waste your WC is my opinion. I was looking to get rid of Sterling before he falls but I don't see any better options at the minute. I can afford to lose .1 on ADM. Going to wait til fri before making transfer, if I make one at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have the same front 7 as you. I am not too concerned on price drops as Sterling could get a great haul at Newcastle. Don't waste your WC is my opinion. I was looking to get rid of Sterling before he falls but I don't see any better options at the minute. I can afford to lose .1 on ADM. Going to wait til fri before making transfer, if I make one at all.

You tempted by ADM to Hazard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Right so i didn't get to see any of the games at the weekend, bar United game :),
    Sanchez seems to be clicking these days, how did he play at the weekend, from all accounts arsenal were gifted the 2 goals?

I have 2 FT and 1.4m in the bank

I can afford to do Sterling to Sanchez, then my options are one of

Costa to Rooney - Back after suspension, big game and has a good record v city, however he may not be fit, therefore Costa to anyone else is an option.

Welbeck to either Sakho or Berahino

Pocognoli/Wilson to a 4.1 defender or lower - i'm thinking of Steven Taylor of Newcastle - he's back in the team and newcastle are winning games - 3.9 million means i'll have 0.2 to spend elsewhere if needed.

Any thoughts welcome.

Team is

Mannone, Myhill
    Baines,Wilson, Duff, Hutton, Pocognoli
    Sterling, ADM, Fab, Boyd, Cork
    Augero, Costa, Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

That has me tempted but I already have Cesc so will probably play it safe and hold. ADM could have scored and assisted against Chelsea; I think there's some crazy stat about how many key passes he makes. I'd also want him for ManU's easy home run coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I was looking at Hazard alright, depends on whatever happens with Costa. I have 3.2 left in the bank to simply upgrade Welbeck / Pelle to get him back in.

I was also looking at doing Taylor ---> Baines. The ADM to Hazard switch becomes a player then as Costa would be out of my plans for a while anyway and would need the extra CFC coverage...

Decisions decisions!

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm dropping mine at 11:00 PM - one way or the other :)

i think.....

So you're about 10 minutes in now I take it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sterling to Hazard done. Just on the off chance Sterling drops in price tonight ahead of schedule.

One more ft but may bank it again. Managed that feat once last season, this could be third week in a row and 4time in 10 weeks.

So you're about 10 minutes in now I take it :pac:

Hehe.

Took the plunge and while on paper im very happy with my team im ****ing terrified of costa playing and bumming me on saturday lol

Im tempted to just not log in to boards till next week lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Decided regardless of value drops. I'm going to hold my transfer this week. Gives me two transfers for the next week and allows me to heavily consider selling Costa and moving to a 3-5-2 with bringing in Hazard and Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Begovic

Thanks!

Definitely wouldn't wildcard in your situation.

Keepers are a minefield so Begovic might not be that easy to replace in any event. ADM should be a season keeper IMO, despite his tough fixtures. I haven't had him yet this season but am making plans to get him in. A price drop for someone for ADM shouldn't really matter as he's not a player who needs to be gotten ridden. Sterling may need to go alright as liverpool aren't the same force going forward with no SAS.

By way of comparison, my team before my FT this week (sterling --> sanchez) my team was:

Mannone Gilks

Kaboul Wilson Chambers Hutton Naylor

Sterling Fab Siggy Silva Boyd

Costa Aguero Pelle

My team is in worse shape than yours but I still don't think it's worth wildcarding as there aren't enough must do transfers to warrant it. May yet take a hit to get rid of Mannone but just can't find a suitable replacement (0.0 itb).

TL;DR I wouldn't WC, would bring in a replacement for Sterling.

FHFC wrote: »
    Sterling to Hazard done. Just on the off chance Sterling drops in price tonight ahead of schedule.

One more ft but may bank it again. Managed that feat once last season, this could be third week in a row and 4time in 10 weeks.

Just pulled the trigger on the same transfer.

Also have another FT. May switch Siggy out for Eriksen, but want until last minute in case of any last minute injuries. I feel Eriksen could do something - Villa are awful at the minute.

Just pulled the trigger on the same transfer.

Also have another FT. May switch Siggy out for Eriksen, but want until last minute in case of any last minute injuries. I feel Eriksen could do something - Villa are awful at the minute.

Looks like we were just in time! He dropped last night.

I've finally spent my big bank balance. Only 0.1 in bank for the first time this season. Have really found that having a decent bit of cash in the bank has been invaluable in allowing me to be flexible and get a form player in without hits.

Looks like we were just in time! He dropped last night.

I've finally spent my big bank balance. Only 0.1 in bank for the first time this season. Have really found that having a decent bit of cash in the bank has been invaluable in allowing me to be flexible and get a form player in without hits.

Always good to have a bit of cash in the attic. I've kept a few pound left aside for myself incase I need to get Costa back in after the international break

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

With Costa continuing to fall. Should I get rid of him (i have no FT)? For who?

From 11.2 to 10.8 gives me only 0.1 made. This makes me sad :(

• Advertisement

At this rate you'd nearly be as well to leave him where he is until closer to Saturday. he may still play yet and there could be better indications of him doing so by then

Rikand wrote: »
    he may still play yet

There are none so blind as those that will not see. :) How many sources would have to confirm he's fit for you to move to "he'll probably play"

Seriously though, the current Costa situation is a good example of when you shouldn't let price changes dictate your decision. And I say that as a determined team value chaser.

There are none so blind as those that will not see. :) How many sources would have to confirm he's fit for you to move to "he'll probably play"

The sources that post the teamsheet for the weekend. ;)

Seriously though, the current Costa situation is a good example of when you shouldn't let price changes dictate your decision. And I say that as a determined team value chaser.

He has three more days to break down in training :pac:.

I had Costa for seven GWs and enjoyed the points, but I don't think he's essential regardless: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/10/10/living-without-costa/

He has three more days to break down in training :pac:.

I had Costa for seven GWs and enjoyed the points, but I don't think he's essential regardless: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/10/10/living-without-costa/

Don't get me wrong, selling him before the Palace game has proved to be a good move (provided you didn't tie up the cash elsewhere and have no plan to get him back in), but it was a punt. If I'd done it I'd be getting him back in now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Gone for

Forster
    Chambers-Clyne-Gibbs
    ADM-Eriksen-Siggy-Fab
    Berahino-Aguero-Pelle

Was thinking of getting rid of Gibbs but didnt want to take a -4

2.8 left in bank for Costa for Pelle next week

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, selling him before the Palace game has proved to be a good move (provided you didn't tie up the cash elsewhere and have no plan to get him back in), but it was a punt. If I'd done it I'd be getting him back in now though.

If I had a WC I would consider it, but there's no way I'm shipping Aguero, Pelle, or Welbeck this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Bit the bullet. Ivana out Baines the assist machine is in. Everton have a really nice run of home games coming up, coupled with winnable away games. Ivana hasn't done it yet this season.

Waiting to see further news on DC before making a call on keeping Augero or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Weighing up Sterling & Wellbeck -> Sanchez & Berahino provided my team gets through tonight without any injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'll probably bank my transfer, unless someone comes out and says Costa won't be playing. By all accounts, he should start and score against QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Definitelly dunno what to do so do nothing that GW.

My team:

Forster
    Baines, Chambers, Bertrand
    Silva, ADM, Fabregas, Siggy
    Pelle, Lukaku, Costa

Subs: Hutton, Elmohamady, Moore

I considered ridding of Costa + Lukaku to Costa + Berahino, but it would cost me -4 hit and. I consider Siggy + Lukaku to Sterling + Sakho too, but I noticed both plans included ridding of Lukaku, whom I bought last GM. It doesn't make sense... (maybe?)

I hope Costa is back, because remain further with him dropping could be very risky.

Is that cold-blooded-move smart you think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement