Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Definitelly dunno what to do so do nothing that GW.

My team:

Forster
    Baines, Chambers, Bertrand
    Silva, ADM, Fabregas, Siggy
    Pelle, Lukaku, Costa

Subs: Hutton, Elmohamady, Moore

I considered ridding of Costa + Lukaku to Aguero + Berahino, but it would cost me -4 hit and. I consider Siggy + Lukaku to Sterling + Sakho too, but I noticed both plans included ridding of Lukaku, whom I bought last GM. It doesn't make sense... (maybe?)

I hope Costa is back, because remain further with him dropping could be very risky.

Is that cold-blooded-move smart you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Going to bank my transfer this week because if I was to make a change, I'd need my 2FTs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    . Ivana hasn't done it yet this season.

One of the top scoring defenders in the game and but for his sending off he would still be top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rikand wrote: »
    One of the top scoring defenders in the game and but for his sending off he would still be top!

he's quality but it's hard to get past the fact he hasn't provided any attacking returns since his initial 3 gameweek burst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Always good to have a bit of cash in the attic. I've kept a few pound left aside for myself incase I need to get Costa back in after the international break

a kidnapping saga? that sounds about right next....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Looks like Sakho is out for the weekend. Bit of a blow, he was proving a nice differential for me personally.

Jamie Ligovich ‏@JamieLigovich · 15h15 hours ago
    @davidgold any updates on sakho?!?!

@davidgold@JamieLigovich: @davidgold any updates on sakho?!?!”
    Im hoping he will return for the game against Aston Villa. dg

Man, getting rid of Costa just frees up so much cash to play around with... I could go for.....

............. Forster.............
    Baines.. Chambers.. Bertrand
    fab.. Hazard.. Siggy.. Di Maria
    .. Aguero.. Pelle.. Berahino

Subs: Hamer, Moore Taylor & boyd.

That's just ridiculously tempting.

ridiculously tempting.

It was too tempting for me, though I have Sanchez instead of Hazard - Cresswell instead of Chambers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have Stephen Quinn at mo on bench and thinking of getting rid,whose best lad in 4.5 to 4.8m range at mo?...that's what I can afford.
    Thanks for any thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Man, getting rid of Costa just frees up so much cash to play around with... I could go for.....

............. Forster.............
    Baines.. Chambers.. Bertrand
    fab.. Hazard.. Siggy.. Di Maria
    .. Aguero.. Pelle.. Berahino

Subs: Hamer, Moore Taylor & boyd.

That's just ridiculously tempting.
    What if you see this Saturday evening....
    24ezxoy.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

All us Costa keepers are gonna be pretty pissed if he doesn't magic up that hat-trick this week. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Have Stephen Quinn at mo on bench and thinking of getting rid,whose best lad in 4.5 to 4.8m range at mo?...that's what I can afford.
    Thanks for any thoughts.

Boyd
    Obertan
    Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thanks for any thoughts.

Try good old Georgie Boyd at 4.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Boyd
    Obertan
    Cork

Hard to look past Boyd. Nailed on and in an attacking role at 4.4.

Obertan may lose out when everyone is fit. Cork I don't know much about admittedly.

Thanks lads,Boyd it is then!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    Hard to look past Boyd. Nailed on and in an attacking role at 4.4.

Obertan may lose out when everyone is fit. Cork I don't know much about admittedly.

Yep, that's who I have!

After his heroic 8 pointer the first week Costa was out, he's a hero for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Use the Costa money to get Baines and Hazard or use the money to get him back in... If someone could just decide for me, that would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

everyone keep buying boyd :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

km79 wrote: »

And tell your friends too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Silva just hobbled off..... just when his form looked to be improving.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

think I'll just bank it as I'm planning a rejig of strikers and midfielders over the following few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

1. Taylor and Sterling out, Baines and Chadli in or
    2. Sterling and Wellbeck out and Sanchex and Berahino in?

I have 2ft

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As of now I've talked myself off the wildcard ledge yet again....for now :pac:

It means putting faith in Costa anyway and after that trying to figure out what I do with ADM and Fabregas and whether Sanchez and Hazard are worth hits to replace them. Baines looks like a pipe dream for now.

There's a few days left in the week yet though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Siggy ---> Downing

Selling Siggy @ £6.4 (current price £6.8)

His fixtures are rough, Downing only £5.7 and likely to get more returns over the next 3 gameweeks than Siggy. Thoughts?

As of now I've talked myself off the wildcard ledge yet again....for now :pac:

It means putting faith in Costa anyway and after that trying to figure out what I do with ADM and Fabregas and whether Sanchez and Hazard are worth hits to replace them. Baines looks like a pipe dream for now.

There's a few days left in the week yet though :o

I don't think Sanchez is worth it personally. He effectively got gifted 2 goals against Sunderland and when Walcott is back he offers better value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jebforever wrote: »
    I don't think Sanchez is worth it personally. He effectively got gifted 2 goals against Sunderland and when Walcott is back he offers better value.

That's the strategy I'm also taking for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In comparison to adm I do think sanchez is worth it as he is a proven goalscorer and their fixtures are good particularly this week. It's a different story when Walcott is back though as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The biggest problem now is who do I drop if I were to get Costa back in?! Brought Pelle in and now feel like I cant really sell him such is the form he is in. That leaves me with Welbeck and I don't want to get rid of him, not before this weekend anyway.

May just double up Hazard & Fabregas & hope for the best

In comparison to adm I do think sanchez is worth it as he is a proven goalscorer and their fixtures are good particularly this week. It's a different story when Walcott is back though as you say.

I'm not saying he is a bad option as I know he is a very good player and will score a decent amount of goals. I just can't justify paying around 10.5m for him when I can get Walcott for 9m so to me he just isn't worth it in that regard. In saying that though last season I was bigging up Silva when Yaya was the far better choice. :o

jive wrote: »
    Siggy ---> Downing

His fixtures are rough, Downing only £5.7 and likely to get more returns over the next 3 gameweeks than Siggy. Thoughts?
    Downing can be very hit and miss.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    feck it everyone sell ADM and buy Boyd.....he's a beast of a man!

I'm not saying he is a bad option as I know he is a very good player and will score a decent amount of goals. I just can't justify paying around 10.5m for him when I can get Walcott for 9m so to me he just isn't worth it in that regard. In saying that though last season I was bigging up Silva when Yaya was the far better choice. :o
    I was also in the silva camp last year. We were right in the end its just taken till this season to prove it.:pac:. Id see sanchez scoring more goals than any other midfielder in the league close to 20 if he can stay injury free. Walcott is the only other mid with that type of potential IMO. It will be interesting to see what way arsenal line up when walcott comes back as he will come straight into my team once match fit. Walcott and aguero would be my two favourite FF players.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Siggy ---> Downing

That's one of the options I'm considering too, the other being ADM to Hazard. Downing and West Ham are looking good with a decent run of fixtures coming up. In both cases I'm just worried that I'd be selling a season keeper though.

Downing can be very hit and miss.

Mostly the latter if we're being honest!
    That's one of the options I'm considering too, the other being ADM to Hazard. Downing and West Ham are looking good with a decent run of fixtures coming up. In both cases I'm just worried that I'd be selling a season keeper though.

I've gone for it. I reckon Sigurdsson will lower in value over the next few weeks due to his fixtures anyway, and I will probably end up buying him back with it costing me £0.1 or £0.2 in a few weeks but I'll have more points to show for it than if I kept him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Silva just hobbled off..... just when his form looked to be improving.....

Noooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I've gone for it. I reckon Sigurdsson will lower in value over the next few weeks due to his fixtures anyway, and I will probably end up buying him back with it costing me £0.1 or £0.2 in a few weeks but I'll have more points to show for it than if I kept him

Good point

so you agree that downing is more miss than hit

but you've brought him in for siggy anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Just did Sterling to Hazard, have Fab, Hazard and Costa (c) for the weekend.

irish son wrote: »
    Just did Sterling to Hazard, have Fab, Hazard and Costa (c) for the weekend.

Ill have the 3 Chelsea lads aswell. Im thinking of switching the armband to sanchez incase the Chelsea gamble backfires.

with rio being suspended now, does this make QPR's defense significantly weaker ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

with rio being suspended now, does this make QPR's defense significantly weaker ?

Significantly better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Ill have the 3 Chelsea lads aswell. Im thinking of switching the armband to sanchez incase the Chelsea gamble backfires.

I don't have Sanchez but Welbeck and Aguero are possibilities but I think I'll play it safe with Costa, if he gets a big score it'll hurt, I took him out in GW3 and left him out for GW4 so he has almost single handedly put a huge dent in my season so far.

PARlance wrote: »
    Significantly better!

GOOD! :D:D:D!!!!

irish son wrote: »
    I don't have Sanchez but Welbeck and Aguero are possibilities but I think I'll play it safe with Costa, if he gets a big score it'll hurt, I took him out in GW3 and left him out for GW4 so he has almost single handedly put a huge dent in my season so far.

I did the exact same with Costa hopefully this weekend is payback time. It's my toughest captain choice of the season I'd have no problem giving the armband to 6 of my front 7.

so you agree that downing is more miss than hit

but you've brought him in for siggy anyways

Siggy vs. Downing

Siggy last 6 games: 3.66 ppg
    Downing last 6 games: 4.5 ppg

Siggy next 8 games:
    Eve (A), Ars (H), City (A), Pal (H), QPR (H), Hammers (A), Spurs (H), Hull (A)
    Downing next 8 games:
    Stoke (A), Villa (H), Eve (A), Newc (H), WBA (A), Swa (H), Sun (A), Lei (H)

Of the above fixtures, Swansea have one easier fixture than West Ham.

Swansea have 1 win in their last 6 (Lei (H)). West Ham have won 4 of their last 6 (City (H), Bur (A), QPR (H), Liv (H)).

Siggy price £6.8m (sold for £6.4m)
    Downing £5.7m
    = £0.7m to spend elsewhere

Downing has 1 goal, 3 assists so far + 8 bonus points
    Sigurdsson has 1 goal, 7 assists + 7 bonus points
    - from these stats it would appear that the BPs system favours Downing

Swansea - 7 goals in last 6 gameweeks
    West Ham - 13 goals in last 6 gameweeks

Downing has been playing well in the last few weeks, Sigurdsson has been anonymous in the three games I've watched him in.

The stats of the last few weeks say Downing is the better choice right now. Downing has been a bit of a running joke since his flop at Liverpool but he's actually a decent player. Sigurdsson is better for sure, but it's only points I care about and right now it looks like Downing has a much higher chance of delivering more points over the next few weeks and at a lesser price than Sigurdsson.

It's not the most pressing transfer in the world, but I've 2 FTs and I had to find a way to use one to improve my team and this is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Siggy vs. Downing

Siggy last 6 games: 3.66 ppg
    Downing last 6 games: 4.5 ppg

Siggy next 8 games:
    Eve (A), Ars (H), City (A), Pal (H), QPR (H), Hammers (A), Spurs (H), Hull (A)
    Downing next 8 games:
    Stoke (A), Villa (H), Eve (A), Newc (H), WBA (A), Swa (H), Sun (A), Lei (H)

Of the above fixtures, Swansea have one easier fixture than West Ham.

Swansea have 1 win in their last 6 (Lei (H)). West Ham have won 4 of their last 6 (City (H), Bur (A), QPR (H), Liv (H)).

Siggy price £6.8m (sold for £6.4m)
    Downing £5.7m
    = £0.7m to spend elsewhere

Downing has 1 goal, 3 assists so far + 8 bonus points
    Sigurdsson has 1 goal, 7 assists + 7 bonus points
    - from these stats it would appear that the BPs system favours Downing

Swansea - 7 goals in last 6 gameweeks
    West Ham - 13 goals in last 6 gameweeks

Downing has been playing well in the last few weeks, Sigurdsson has been anonymous in the three games I've watched him in.

The stats of the last few weeks say Downing is the better choice right now. Downing has been a bit of a running joke since his flop at Liverpool but he's actually a decent player. Sigurdsson is better for sure, but it's only points I care about and right now it looks like Downing has a much higher chance of delivering more points over the next few weeks and at a lesser price than Sigurdsson.

It's not the most pressing transfer in the world, but I've 2 FTs and I had to find a way to use one to improve my team and this is it.

I'm not sure why you have decided to only include the las 6 GW's - why not include all 9? if we look at last 3/4/5 games, Siggy has better stats, it appears that you chose 6 because over that sample downing is better?

Downing next 8 games - how many of these will Sakho be out injured - he has 5 goals and 2 assists over the 6 game frame that you are working off - he will be a big loss for West ham - they pretty much has no other recognise fit striker atm. This needs to be factored into any predictions you make about games being easier/harder.

You say Siggy has been anonymous in the 3 games you've seen him in, but in fact over the last 3 GW's he has outscored Downing - so again you seen to be picking and choosing what games you've witnessed, while at the same time saying Downing has been playing well.

All in all, you actually haven't given any concentre reasoning that downing is in fact better than siggy, only reason i would downgrade him in your spot would be for the extra $$$, the rest doesn't add up imo.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you have decided to only include the las 6 GW's - why not include all 9? if we look at last 3/4/5 games, Siggy has better stats, it appears that you chose 6 because over that sample downing is better?

Downing next 8 games - how many of these will Sakho be out injured - he has 5 goals and 2 assists over the 6 game frame that you are working off - he will be a big loss for West ham - they pretty much has no other recognise fit striker atm. This needs to be factored into any predictions you make about games being easier/harder.

You say Siggy has been anonymous in the 3 games you've seen him in, but in fact over the last 3 GW's he has outscored Downing - so again you seen to be picking and choosing what games you've witnessed, while at the same time saying Downing has been playing well.

All in all, you actually haven't given any concentre reasoning that downing is in fact better than siggy, only reason i would downgrade him in your spot would be for the extra $$$, the rest doesn't add up imo.

I chose 6 because that's since the international break. If you want to look at stats from GW1 then that's your prerogative but in this case I'm looking at form over the last 6 GWs which is a nice sample size and is more recent. I don't see how this is 'picking and choosing' to suit Downing.

Siggy has had 1 attempt at goal in his last 4 games. If we look at the last 3/4/5 games Downing actually has better stats than Siggy. The only important area where Siggy has Downing beat at the minute is in shot conversion of his team mates who he assists. I expect that conversion rate to fall, and in turn Siggy's points return, and because he has been offering so little in front of goal I expect Downing to outscore him.

Andy Carroll is set to return which will suit Downing in his role at the minute. Sakho is only going to miss one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It just means Dunne will start so most of the goals will probably be ogs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was also in the silva camp last year. We were right in the end its just taken till this season to prove it.:pac:. Id see sanchez scoring more goals than any other midfielder in the league close to 20 if he can stay injury free. Walcott is the only other mid with that type of potential IMO. It will be interesting to see what way arsenal line up when walcott comes back as he will come straight into my team once match fit. Walcott and aguero would be my two favourite FF players.

I could easily have written that post, It seems we have similar thought processes quite often, goes back to the Tevez debate from two seasons ago, you probably remember:). Yaya last year was an aberration, Silva is always likely to rack up more assists than any other player in the league but this year for some reason his great work has been followed with poor finishing, meanwhile Fabregas is seeing bread and butter stuff followed up with superb finishing (you probably don't agree with the last bit). DiMaria meanwhile goes on a Mr Magoo style points bender where he brings home the bacon without knowing how he done it(:p those accidental goal/assists are still eating at me)

It's driving me a bit mad that so many people are getting on the Hazard bus now when he's done so little points wise for those of us who've owned him for most of the year:(

I'll almost certainly have Sanchez back in my team this weekend, I had him for the first three or four weeks this year and talked him up pre season, I thought he would hit the ground running hard, his game is ideal for England, however like yourself busts young Theo is my favourite FPL player of all so I'll have to make room for him after a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is Azpilicueta back or will Luis star again?

Advertisement