Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Azpilicueta back or will Luis star again?

3 game ban so this is the last game of it at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lemlin wrote: »
    3 game ban so this is the last game of it at the weekend.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jive wrote: »
    I chose 6 because that's since the international break. If you want to look at stats from GW1 then that's your prerogative but in this case I'm looking at form over the last 6 GWs which is a nice sample size and is more recent. I don't see how this is 'picking and choosing' to suit Downing.

Siggy has had 1 attempt at goal in his last 4 games. If we look at the last 3/4/5 games Downing actually has better stats than Siggy. The only important area where Siggy has Downing beat at the minute is in shot conversion of his team mates who he assists. I expect that conversion rate to fall, and in turn Siggy's points return, and because he has been offering so little in front of goal I expect Downing to outscore him.

Andy Carroll is set to return which will suit Downing in his role at the minute. Sakho is only going to miss one game.

Again there was an international break 2 weeks ago but you choice to go back 6 GW- you can choose whatever you like but just admit this sample is pretty much the only sample that Downing has returned more points which is a basis of your argument

West hams main striker is out injured - reports of being out for a month, when was the last time Carroll played 90 minutes for West Ham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anybody tempted by walcott for weekend against burnley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

racso1975 wrote: »

Would be a nice differential for the weekend alright, hoping Wenger can enlighten us on the situation for the weekend

• Advertisement

I've brought in Ramsey as I couldn't afford Sanchez without some major surgery to my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Allardici is doing a Mourinho/Costa on the Sakho injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

SlickRic wrote: »
    Allardici is doing a Mourinho/Costa on the Sakho injury.
    Has he said something?

Edit.. just seen he is touch and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

I'd say he's likely to get 30 mins at most, better off waiting imo

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Crunch time this weekend with Welbeck. If he don't score at least once or at least have a couple of assists he's out the gap. I'm ruthless like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Crunch time this weekend with Welbeck. If he don't score at least once or at least have a couple of assists he's out the gap. I'm ruthless like that.

He does have a great record against Swansea though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've been hanging on to Dean Marney all these past weeks when he's been injured, I can't ever imagine picking him in a first 11 but he might be sprung from the bench one of these days. Is he likely to regain his position when available?

Anybody got any interest in Palace? I'd hate to let Puncheon go this week with such an attractive fixture but I obviously don't want him to be sitting on his hole for the first 75 minutes. Did Zaha do well enough last week to keep him out, he looked decent enough on MOTD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dónal wrote: »
    I've brought in Ramsey as I couldn't afford Sanchez without some major surgery to my team.

I think Ramsey could prove to be a great shout this week. Will have slipped under the radar as he returned for the CL game and only got a few mins in the last league game. Swiper Marney will be back in when fit.Ill be switching to Boyd in Jan wildcard not able to waste a transfer doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I've been hanging on to Dean Marney all these past weeks when he's been injured, I can't ever imagine picking him in a first 11 but he might be sprung from the bench one of these days. Is he likely to regain his position when available?

Anybody got any interest in Palace? I'd hate to let Puncheon go this week with such an attractive fixture but I obviously don't want him to be sitting on his hole for the first 75 minutes. Did Zaha do well enough last week to keep him out, he looked decent enough on MOTD.

Yes, he should get his spot back as he was doing well before the injury and they look better defensively with him in the team.

Warnock sounded pretty happy in the interview with the team so I doubt he'll make any changes. Zaha was decent, he was robbed of a penalty too.

*I am playing you in the head to head though this week though so maybe I'm doing a Jose and playing mind games with the above answers :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can someone recommend me a transfer please? My team is below. My plan was to swap Duff > Dummett and Mannone > Forster (Southampton).

Mannone - Heaton

Baines - Robertson - Taylor - Wisdom - Duff

Sig - Fabergas - Di Maria - Albrighton - Chadli

Costa - Augero - Pelle

Naylor or Robertson to Chambers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Think it's time to get rid of Falcao, he hasn't been the star differential I was hoping he'd be. Might bring Rooney into the team, hopefully he'll play this weekend and be fired up after being out for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

HighClass wrote: »
    Think it's time to get rid of Falcao, he hasn't been the star differential I was hoping he'd be. Might bring Rooney into the team, hopefully he'll play this weekend and be fired up after being out for so long.

Do you need an United striker?

Much better options out there i think, ADM seems like the most logical United cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm either doing PVA to chambers or banking to let me rejig a bit next week
    arsenal will keep a cleanie this weekend but after that......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've calmed right down on the WC this week now. I'm either going to maybe even bank my transfer or do 2 for -4.

What I'm looking at but far from convinced is:

ADM -> Hazard
    Fabregas -> Ramsey

Which saves me 0.5 allowing me to bring Cresswell in for Bardsley next week.

I can't really afford Sanchez without the WC but if I ignored Arsenal at home to Burnley this week I wouldn't be too keen at all. ADM could quite easily do well against City and United's fixtures open out quite nicely again after that (Arsenal away I'm aware of). I'll want one of ADM or Rooney going forward too.

Essentially I'm trying to convince myself that Hazard won't deliver that sack full of points he's been promising and that Arsenal at home to Burnley won't be a rout :o

Pelle and Fabregas are on 4 yellows. Costa is a ticking timebomb and Aguero is hardly Mr reliable in terms of fitness or discipline either so it's not inconceivable that there'll be a perfect storm some week soon. This helps in keeping that WC another while as my defence actually has decent enough fixtures again after my dithering the last 2 weeks :pac:

_____

What on earth have I become? I'm effectively the Anti-Mr.P of the last couple of years :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

What to do when you have costa and falcao? Not risking keeping both. Have two ft. Aguero and lukaku?

Essentially I'm trying to convince myself that Hazard won't deliver that sack full of points he's been promising and that Arsenal at home to Burnley won't be a rout :o

I'd love to have Hazard this week, but am loathe to lose ADM or take a -4 to ship Sterling out. The explosion is coming and I'll probably miss it :(.
    I think we'll beat Burnley 2 or 3-0. You wouldn't wait a couple weeks for Walcott instead? Ramsey hasn't hit the heights of last season yet and has just two tap-ins and an assist to his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I've calmed right down on the WC this week now. I'm either going to maybe even bank my transfer or do 2 for -4.

What I'm looking at but far from convinced is:

ADM -> Hazard
    Fabregas -> Ramsey

Which saves me 0.5 allowing me to bring Cresswell in for Bardsley next week.

I can't really afford Sanchez without the WC but if I ignored Arsenal at home to Burnley this week I wouldn't be too keen at all. ADM could quite easily do well against City and United's fixtures open out quite nicely again after that (Arsenal away I'm aware of). I'll want one of ADM or Rooney going forward too.

Pelle and Fabregas are on 4 yellows. Costa is a ticking timebomb and Aguero is hardly Mr reliable in terms of fitness or discipline either so it's not inconceivable that there'll be a perfect storm some week soon. This helps in keeping that WC another while as my defence actually has decent enough fixtures again after my dithering the last 2 weeks :pac:

_____

What on earth have I become? I'm effectively the Anti-Mr.P of the last couple of years :eek:

I've been considering ADM to Hazard as well but I think with his nice fixtures on the horizon I'd just end up bringing him back in a few weeks anyway for a higher price so probably won't go through with it. Wouldn't be too keen on ditching Fabregas as you know what you're going to get with him - constant assists and the odd goal. I also think he'll pick up a tactical yellow that won't keep him out for a league game, José is well known for this in the past. As Ziegler said I'd just wait for Walcott for your Arsenal cover as he should be back to full fitness pretty soon.

jebforever wrote: »
    I've been considering ADM to Hazard as well but I think with his nice fixtures on the horizon I'd just end up bringing him back in a few weeks anyway for a higher price so probably won't go through with it. Wouldn't be too keen on ditching Fabregas as you know what you're going to get with him - constant assists and the odd goal. I also think he'll pick up a tactical yellow that won't keep him out for a league game, José is well known for this in the past. As Ziegler said I'd just wait for Walcott for your Arsenal cover as he should be back to full fitness pretty soon.

Chelsea have 7 league games before the next league cup game fab will be doing well to last till then without a yellow.

Chelsea have 7 league games before the next league cup game fab will be doing well to last till then without a yellow.

I suppose so but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

I suppose so but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Ah ye if he gets that far it's defo a stunt mourinho will pull. Surprised that fab has 4 yellows in 9 games or did he always have that side to his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ah ye if he gets that far it's defo a stunt mourinho will pull. Surprised that fab has 4 yellows in 9 games or did he always have that side to his game.

He's tackling a lot more, since at Chelsea. Not too surprising I think, given a deeper playing position and Chelsea's general style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

Opinions on a WC at the moment.

Hazard and Eriksen or Fabergas and Sterling?

I have the latter 2 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

eh i dunno wrote: »
    What to do when you have costa and falcao? Not risking keeping both. Have two ft. Aguero and lukaku?

Same as me - kept Costa & did Falcao to Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Again there was an international break 2 weeks ago but you choice to go back 6 GW- you can choose whatever you like but just admit this sample is pretty much the only sample that Downing has returned more points which is a basis of your argument

West hams main striker is out injured - reports of being out for a month, when was the last time Carroll played 90 minutes for West Ham?

West Ham paid 12 million for Enner Valencia so have another fit striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

bensboys wrote: »
    Opinions on a WC at the moment.

Hazard and Eriksen or Fabergas and Sterling?

I have the latter 2 at the moment.

Hazard and Eriksen IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

If you had a choice for the gameweek coming which 2 of 3 would you bring in for your xi boyd, williams and wisdom and only for the coming week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Ace2007 wrote: »

2 games is hardly a sample size worth looking at, I'm not sure why you're struggling so hard to grasp this.

Downing's stats are better than Sigurdsson's. Sakho will miss one game, Enner Valencia is fit and Andy Carroll will be back; they aren't short of decent strikers.

I reckon Downing gets more points than Sigurdsson over the next 3 GWs, hence the transfer. I hope I'm right while gaining some team value through Downing making it even easier to get Sigurdsson back at a knock down price because he'll start to fall unless he performs this week.

Transfer made, don't see the point in discussing it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Will Ramsey start this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

beaver111 wrote: »
    Will Ramsey start this weekend

Would imagine so. Didnt start last game but that was only a few days after 90 mins in Champs League when he was just back from injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Is Silva definitely out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

I have 4.8 million to buy a defender for the next 2-3 weeks.Any suggestions lads please? Already have Chambers and Wisdom under 5 million

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

Gal2011 wrote: »
    I have 4.8 million to buy a defender for the next 2-3 weeks.Any suggestions lads please? Already have Chambers and Wisdom under 5 million

Chambers from Arsenal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

2 games is hardly a sample size worth looking at, I'm not sure why you're struggling so hard to grasp this.

Downing's stats are better than Sigurdsson's. Sakho will miss one game, Enner Valencia is fit and Andy Carroll will be back; they aren't short of decent strikers.

I reckon Downing gets more points than Sigurdsson over the next 3 GWs, hence the transfer. I hope I'm right while gaining some team value through Downing making it even easier to get Sigurdsson back at a knock down price because he'll start to fall unless he performs this week.

Transfer made, don't see the point in discussing it further.

You stated that Downing has outscored Siggy over 6 GW's, this is true, but if we look at the points over the last 1/2/3/4/5 GW's or 7/8/9 siggy is ahead, therefore you picked the only sample size where downing is ahead and used this in your argument. Is this so hard to grasp????

FF is about points - doesn't matter how good a player's stats is - if you start looking at that - then i could throw it out to you take Valencia has scored 2 goals from 20 shots - hardly the stats of a decent striker, but yet you believe he is.

you went on to talk about their next 8 games each, now your saying over the next 3 GW's -

Anyway i was just pointing out the flaws that i saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

bensboys wrote: »
    Chambers from Arsenal IMO.

Sorry you might have missed it in the post that I already have Chambers and Wisdom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Any official word on Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mou might give it tomorrow.

Training pics look extremely promising though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Downing's stats are better than Sigurdsson's.

Why does he have less points than Siggy then?

Siggy has 52 points to Downings 41.
    Siggy has also played less.

Geoff Cameron 4.2 Stoke if he keeps his place or Alcaraz 4.3 Everton if he also keeps his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

F1ngers wrote: »
    Why does he have less points than Siggy then?

Siggy has 52 points to Downings 41.
    Siggy has also played less.

Because he hasn't converted enough chances and neither has his team mates. Tadic had good stats so I brought him in and he got 2 points. The week after he got 23 points. Stats are a good indicator, not that downing will get anywhere near 23 points but just using it as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Liam Moore of leicester at 4.0m is guarenteed gametime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Geoff Cameron 4.2 Stoke if he keeps his place or Alcaraz 4.3 Everton if he also keeps his place.

I wouldnt be buying s stoke defender just yet.

Their fixtures are extremely difficult over the next 10 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

If you had a choice for the gameweek coming which 2 of 3 would you bring in for your xi boyd, williams and wisdom and only for the coming week

GiftofGab wrote: »
    I wouldnt be buying s stoke defender just yet.

Their fixtures are extremely difficult over the next 10 weeks.

OP said for the next 2-3 weeks when they have ok fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

declan2693 wrote: »

I'd go for Williams and Wisdom but only because Boyd is playing Arsenal away. I wouldn't like to play Williams against Everton away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement