Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 10 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Foster - Krul
    Naylor - Chambers - Colo - Lovren - Cameron
    Tadic - Boyd - Hazard - Siggy - Sterling
    Costa - Pelle - Aguero

2FTs 0.1m ITB

Plan for this week was Lovren & Sterling out which is still the plan but no one is jumping out at me! If I had acted earlier during the week I would have done Lovren>3.9m and Sterling>Sanchez but now Sanchez would need a -4. These are what I have it down to right now:

A) Ivan & Chadli
    B) Ramsey & Kaboul
    C) Take the -4 and do Sterling, Lovren & Naylor>Sanchez, Moore & Wisdom (or another two defs for 8.4m)

A is the one that I favour but C is also very tempting if I didn't have Costa as Sanchez is a nice VC just in case he is a no show. Is there a better move to make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Yeah from his time at Villa I have a soft spot for him. He works so hard and is very good from set pieces. I think Silva takes most of City's corners/frees (someone might correct me on that) - so that would also benefit Milner.

The only issue I see is his game time once Silva is back. It could be another transfer you need to do in a few weeks.

Thanks for that. I realise that I'll probably be looking to rid myself of him after the break but it wouldn't shock me if he played a lot more this year. I have him ahead of Navas on current form but it's obviously a bit of a risk. It's never a huge risk with a 5.3m player though, I said earlier the other player I fancy at that price is Zaha but I assume he can't play against United next week so I'd be raging if I hadn't good cover.

Think of me when Milner bursts the net a couple of times on Sunday:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Nobody to talk me out of Milner for 5.3 with Silva likely to miss the next two league games? Whatever I've seen of city this year he seems to be getting chances, nobody else is jumping out at me for the max price of 5.3.

short-term maybe, but with nasri back now, and silva in a few gameweeks time, you may well be looking to move him on when all City's attackers are fit and available. if we consider aguero and silva as certs, that leaves just 2 positions open between milner/nasri/navas/jovetic/dzeko. i can see the temptation, but honestly it would be a bit too risky for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

manual_man wrote: »
    short-term maybe, but with nasri back now, and silva in a few gameweeks time, you may well be looking to move him on when all City's attackers are fit and available. if we consider aguero and silva as certs, that leaves just 2 positions open between milner/nasri/navas/jovetic/dzeko. i can see the temptation, but honestly it would be a bit too risky for me

It is really a two week punt with a back of the mind hope that it might extend a bit further(Swiper prays for injuries to Silva, Nasri or Navas:o). 12 points from those two games would be great, hopefully it won't require a hit to get him out.

It is really a two week punt with a back of the mind hope that it might extend a bit further(Swiper prays for injuries to Silva, Nasri or Navas:o). 12 points from those two games would be great, hopefully it won't require a hit to get him out.

well yeah as long as you're aware of the risks... for the record i've been quite impressed with what i've seen of Milner, definitely getting in more attacking positions. looking just a bit forward, gw15 til the new year is nice for hull, possible swap out for diame at that stage if you have a bit of small change in the kitty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Silva out for Ramsey this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would appreciate some opinions guys. Have 1 FT and just over 4m in the bank. Current team is:

Schmeichel
    Gibbs Wisdom Bertrand (Taylor) (Dummett)
    Fab ADM Sterling Siggy (King)
    Aguero Pelle Welbeck

Option 1

Get Costa back in for Welbeck

Option 2

Take a -4 and do Sterling and Taylor to Baines and Hazard

Option 3

Do nothing and see how the weekend pans out.

:confused:

Would appreciate some opinions guys. Have 1 FT and just over 4m in the bank.

Option 1 and captain imo. Sterling>Sanchez would also be of interest to me in your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I've done something similar to Option 2 (Siggy and Sterling out for Downing and Hazard, already own Baines) so I would vote for that haha. I think there's a fair argument Welbeck scores as many points as Costa this weekend, but Costa is a more reliable armband option if he starts compared to Hazard.

I've done something similar to Option 2 (Siggy and Sterling out for Downing and Hazard, already own Baines) so I would vote for that haha. I think there's a fair argument Welbeck scores as many points as Costa this weekend, but Costa is a more reliable armband option if he starts compared to Hazard.

I tried that new Fantasy Fix transfer suggestion thing and it thinks Downing & Ivan in is my best transfer this week but bringing in Downing just seems so wrong!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    See I have a feeling Martinez sees Barkley as a more key player than most of the players you mention. He was always likely to be rested against Burnley as he'daalready started 2 games in a week playing around 160 mins since his return to the side. He looked hot against Villa and gave them another dimension compared to say Naismith.

My mate an Everton fan had barkley all last year. I remember telling him of the need to forget his football loyalties last year when picking his team. He said barkley was a great option so I remember looking up the stats I think from memory he only got over 6 pts once between Oct and Mar. I agree with Mr Prodston he is highly likely to be rotated in those advanced mid positions aswell.

Would appreciate some opinions guys. Have 1 FT and just over 4m in the bank. Current team is:

Schmeichel
    Gibbs Wisdom Bertrand (Taylor) (Dummett)
    Fab ADM Sterling Siggy (King)
    Aguero Pelle Welbeck

Option 1

Get Costa back in for Welbeck

Option 2

Take a -4 and do Sterling and Taylor to Baines and Hazard

Option 3

Do nothing and see how the weekend pans out.

:confused:

option 2 a no brainer for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Strongly considering an 8 point hit for Silva and Sterling to Hazard and Tadic. Somebody talk me into or out of it. Sanchez and Sigurdsson are my other 2 midfielders.

jimmii wrote: »
    I tried that new Fantasy Fix transfer suggestion thing and it thinks Downing & Ivan in is my best transfer this week but bringing in Downing just seems so wrong!!

His stats are quite good; more shots and key passes per match than Siggy. West Ham are also entering into a nice run of fixtures so hopefully he kicks on. I mainly did it as a Hazard enabler but am optimistic being Siggyless won't come back to bite me.

CSF wrote: »
    Strongly considering an 8 point hit for Silva and Sterling to Hazard and Tadic. Somebody talk me into or out of it. Sanchez and Sigurdsson are my other 2 midfielders.

Do it :cool:

*Hazard pointer* Full Chelsea record vs newly promoted clubs: Played 11 Goals 5 Assists 5 Minutes 852 Return ave. min 85.2 #FPL #CFC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right. Here's my defense for this week:

Ivanovic (QPR h) - Wilson (WH h) - Clyne (Hul a) // Wisdom (Lei a) - Naylor (Eve a)

How do you rate getting Chambers in bearing in mind I only have £0.4m in bank)? Chambers has a great chance of a CS this week but after their run of fixtures is not particularly CS-friendly (Swa a, MU h, WBA a, Sou H, Sto a).

I feel my options are the following.
    i. Selling Clyne is out of the question since he has at least one great chance of a CS at home to Leicester next week.
    ii. Selling Ivanovic saving some useful cash. But having kept him to that point it would be silly to sell him ahead of a home clash vs QPR wouldn't it?

So it's between Wilson and Naylor.

1. Wilson has WH and Burnley in his next 2 home games.
    2. While Naylor is facing a 3 games run of low probability CS (Eve a, Ars h, MC a -- even CP h is not a given with Palace scoring in most of their games, 7 times out of 9 games to be precise).

3. Bank my transfer, swallow Chambers probable CS and trust my current team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sterling and Taylor to Baines and Hazard done :) Cheers for the advice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Even though there seems to be an influx of Hazard and Sanchez transfers, I'm doing nothing and banking this week. Both Sterling and Siggy might be getting the chop next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »
    Right. Here's my defense for this week:

Ivanovic (QPR h) - Wilson (Sto h) - Clyne (Hul a) // Wisdom (Lei a) - Naylor (Eve a)

How do you rate getting Chambers in bearing in mind I only have £0.4m in bank)? Chambers has a great chance of a CS this week but after their run of fixtures is not particularly CS-friendly (Swa a, MU h, WBA a, Sou H, Sto a).

I feel my options are the following.
    i. Selling Clyne is out of the question since he has at least one great chance of a CS at home to Leicester next week.
    ii. Selling Ivanovic saving some useful cash. But having kept him to that point it would be silly to sell him ahead of a home clash vs QPR wouldn't it?

So it's between Wilson and Naylor.

1. Wilson has WH and Burnley in his next 2 home games.
    2. While Naylor is facing a 3 games run of low probability CS (Eve a, Ars h, MC a -- even CP h is not a given with Palace scoring in most of their games, 7 times out of 9 games to be precise).

3. Bank my transfer, swallow Chambers probable CS and trust my current team.
    3 I'm in a similar situation except I'll be selling PVA
    was all set for chambers but looked beyond Burnley and did not like what i saw!
    so I'm gonna bank and prob downgrade PVA to an even cheaper defender next week along with a few other things.....

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Good point about hazard against newly promoted teams. I've taken the plunge and brought in hazard for fab. After seeing fellaini sit on fab last weekend I think a lot of teams may go for a similar approach. Go man to man on fab which will inevitably leave more space in the hole for hazard and will make it harder for teams to double up on hazard if the push up on fab. A gamble when you consider how good fab is but take into account the 4 yellows and I think hazard shades it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »
    3 I'm in a similar situation except I'll be selling PVA
    was all set for chambers but looked beyond Burnley and did not like what i saw!
    so I'm gonna bank and prob downgrade PVA to an even cheaper defender next week along with a few other things.....

Cheers.
    Do you agree with my defense selection then
    iroced wrote: »
    Ivanovic (QPR h) - Wilson (WH h) - Clyne (Hul a) // Wisdom (Lei a) - Naylor (Eve a)

I'm debating putting Wisdom ahead of Clyne. On one hand, Hull have scored in 8 of their 9 games (just for their 0-0 at Anfield). On the other hand, Leicester have always scored at home (they did blank 4 times out of 5 away though, I know they play at home this time but it just shows they're not an attacking machine).
    Actually Stoke have only 1 CS at home out of 4 games. And if they hadn't got this abnormal one in the Etihad Stadium it'd be their only one in 9 games. In addition WH scored in all their games bar the opening one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mannone, Forster

Hutton, Bertrand, Dawson, Van Aanholt, Duff

Sigurdsson, Di Maria, Fabregas, Chadli, Boyd

Pelle, Aguero, Costa

2 FT's & 0.9m in the bank

Thinking of Hutton to Dummett and banking the other, anyone see a better move(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

My chances of cleansheets this week are low. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

dibs101 wrote: »
    Good point about hazard against newly promoted teams. I've taken the plunge and brought in hazard for fab. After seeing fellaini sit on fab last weekend I think a lot of teams may go for a similar approach. Go man to man on fab which will inevitably leave more space in the hole for hazard and will make it harder for teams to double up on hazard if the push up on fab. A gamble when you consider how good fab is but take into account the 4 yellows and I think hazard shades it...

Leaning towards this move too, I like your reasoning :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

PvA out, Chambers in. Had to get him in as it may be my only hope of a CS. Lots of lads in my league have a Chelsea defender so hopefully Chambers can match or better them.

Defence for this GW now:

Guzan
    Bertrand Baines Chambers

I benched Wisdom (LEI A) and I'm worried that's going to bit me in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sterling becoming a differential this week.

keeping him for Newcastle, then likely out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SlickRic wrote: »

Same here, keeping him and hoping to be convinced to keep him again this weekend.

Banking transfer this week and praying for a low scoring Chelsea game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bringing Lukaku in for Falcao and keeping my other ft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Silva to ?
    Have Fabregas Siggy chadli El Ahmadi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's that time of the week again where I can't put off making my mind up on what to do any longer.

De Gea
    Moore - PVA - Clyne
    Siggy - Fabregas - ADM - Tadic
    Costa - Aguero - Pelle

Colocinni, Marney, Bardsley on the bench.

1ft. 0.0 in the bank. The hell do I do? At least I'm not on WC or my head might explode :pac:

I feel like by not having Hazard though I'm missing an opportunity but 3 Chelsea attackers is very risky shenanigans even at home to QPR. Fabregas -> Ramsey for -4 seems like a sideward if not backward step but variety is the spice of life so they say. It also frees me up to get on board with my Cresswell fetish next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm thinking silva to ramsey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I have a quandary.
    I have 1 FT and 0.9 in the bank.

Forwards are Pelle, Aguero and Wellbeck. I really want to get Costa in but will have to downgrade a midfielder by 2.7million to do so (Have Sterling, Fabregas, ADM, Siggy (Tiote) in Midfield)

My Plan is to raise the money to do Wellbeck to Costa by selling Sterling for Downing, but Sterling is at Newcastle this week while Welbeck is at home to Burnley and this will cost me -4pts. Is it better to stand Pat and do the same move next week for no hit? Or will I be missing out on a potential bonanza from Costa.

Opinions please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

menoscemo wrote: »
    I have a quandary.

Forwards are Pelle, Aguero and Wellbeck. I really want to get Costa in but will have to downgrade a midfielder by 2.7million to do so (Have Sterling, Fabregas, ADM, Siggy (Tiote) in Midfield)

My Plan is to raise the money to do Wellbeck to Costa by selling Sterling for Downing, but Sterling is at Newcastle this week while Welbeck is at home to Burnley and this will cost me -4pts. Is it better to stand Pat and do the same move next week for no hit? Or will I be missing out on a potential bonanza from Costa.

Opinions please

tricky one, id personally hold off , you have aguero and pelle to even out the scales up top and have chelsea cover in cesc, getting rid of wlbz means you're left with no arsenal players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I have a quandary.

Opinions please
    I'm in a similar quandary. Exact same frontline as you. To get Costa in means the funds will have to be raised from midfield.

I think however that I'm going to stay put. Welbeck's got the potential to score big. Also, Sterling's got a handy enough fixture. The -4's will build up into a significant loss of points if they are happening regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm in a similar quandary. Exact same frontline as you. To get Costa in means the funds will have to be raised from midfield.

I think however that I'm going to stay put. Welbeck's got the potential to score big. Also, Sterling's got a handy enough fixture. The -4's will build up into a significant loss of points if they are happening regularly.

I'm tending towards thinking the same I was just in need of someone to say the same. Thanks Lads.

I am sitting in 3k overall and haven't taken any hits so far, plan on keeping it like that if possible. Plus you never know, plans can change at any time due to injuries, this keeps the options open....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

honeybear wrote: »
    Silva to ?
    Have Fabregas Siggy chadli El Ahmadi

I bought Ramsey in the same case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭irish_man

The internet went just as I was about to confirm my transfers. Was going to go for:
    Sterling ---> Sanchez
    Aguero ----> Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I have a quandary.

Opinions please

Hold firm, I've the same front 3.
    If Costa scores, you've got some cover in the form of Fab.

The minus 4 makes a big difference, I don't think Costa & Downing will outscore Welbeck & Sturridge by 4 points or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

who to start, guzan vs spurs or de gea vs man city ?

• Advertisement

NN215 wrote: »
    who to start, guzan vs spurs or de gea vs man city ?

Guzan

FutureGuy wrote: »
    May just leave Costa out and opt for my "put money on someone you haven't got but are terrified will do well" to score two or more bets this weekend.

They are a source of mad income yo.

I'm a devil for that. Last week i had a Lucky 15 first goalscorer with Balotelli :rolleyes: Hazard :mad: Baines :o and sanchez :D .

Ended up nearly getting my money back, but if Hazard had lifted it over DDG, and Baines had gotten a goal instead of an assist, it would have been a pretty decent payout.
    SlickRic wrote: »

Big time. He'll be making it into my lucky 15 for this weekend ;). Will probably do him, Welbeck, Lukaku and Baines again. Just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Gerrard and O'Shea out.
    Ramsey and Chambers in.

ADM -> Hazard is done.

So I'm among those who currently have Costa, Hazard and Fabregas in their team. I've also got Pelle and Tadic. I may still do Fab -> Ramsey for -4 though, rather undecided. I need to make up 0.4 to get in Cresswell soon though.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Really doing my nut on this all week. Want Hazard for captaincy material. Has to be ADM, Fabregas or Sterling(and a -4 for Alcaraz to raise the funds) out.

The initial plan before last weekend was ADM, but there be goals available against City. Then it was Fabregas because he can't keep his current pace up and has 4 yellows. All day today its being Sterling but now I'm imagining him running gleefully past Steven Taylor many many times. Now I'm back on Fabregas though it seems foolish to flog the top scoring mid.......

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Hackers

Another here with Costa, fabregas and hazard. Sterling & Moreno out, Hazard and wisdom in. It was the first move that came into my head at the start of the gameweek so can have no regrets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Welbeck gets another chance in my team.Falcao being confirmed out forced me into it,was wanting to bank mine but need to make up points sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

People getting rid of ADM is mad.

Why?

Nib wrote: »

Why?

Eden Hazard. As simple as that.

We can't have everyone and he should outscore him over the next 3 weeks. I might look at Rooney going forward or going back to ADM

• Advertisement

Nib wrote: »

Why?

I got rid for sanchez last week as I don't think adm will be the highest scoring mid in the game which his current price more or less indicates he should be.Im up an unexpected 14 pts from last week and have a much more favourable fixture this week. I plan to bring him back in possibly next week but don't see him as a leave in for the season player. I think sanchez hazard and fab will outscore him over the season. I do see Utd scoring a lot of goals this season so will have to make a decision between roo or adm for next week.

Advertisement