Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Format XP PC & dual boot with 7

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Myles45

OK next problem!

I've just formatted my newest external HD (Seagate backup Plus 1TB) with a view to doing a full system backup along with adding some recovery points.

See attachment showing how I partitioned it. I then proceeded to (using the HP backup & recovery manager) backup entire drive, which it successfully did onto partition K: taking about 83GB.

I then wanted to create a recovery point. I tried several options but all ended after a considerable time with the HP manager telling me that there was not enough memory on the drives I was trying to put it on!!! Initially I tried it on "local Drive" & then on "another hard disk" trying partitions I, J, & K but each time with the same results.

Any idea what is happening here?

Windows is creating its own restore points as usual ok, but I gather that they are not as thorough as the HP ones?

It's another one of these things that it seems the deeper you look into it, the more complex it gets & therefore the more confusing. & everyone seems to have different opinions of what is the best way to create backups.

I really just wanted to backup everything thoroughly onto the Seagate (as it's the newest & presumably as such, the most reliable) before formatting the Maxtor (which I know fails disk check) & then the internal, before performing clean installs of OS etc.

Advertisement