Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest bank

Options
  • 25-10-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi guys, which is the cheapest bank to use?

i only need it for my salary and withdraw money from time to time or transfer stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

EBS charge you nothing but you have to pay for atm withdrawals 30c each so €1.20pm unless withdrawn in branch. Free to use your debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

159753 wrote: »

i only need it for my salary and withdraw money from time to time or transfer stuff

I get pay into bank and have set up direct debits / standing orders absolutely no charges .... Why not check it out .... Begrudge giving those guys anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

159753 wrote: »

PTSB. No charges provided you deposit at least 1,500 EUR per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Chris___ wrote: »
    EBS charge you nothing but you have to pay for atm withdrawals 30c each so €1.20pm unless withdrawn in branch. Free to use your debit card.

EBS Moneymanager a/c has all the features of a current a/c (except no chequebook) and you can make up to five ATM withdrawals per month with no fees. You get a VISA debit card and there's no charges for POS transactions.

You have to maintain a positive balance of at least €500 or lodge at least €1,500 p.m.

http://www.ebs.ie/daily-banking/ebs-moneymanager-account-a-debit-card.html

I get pay into bank and have set up direct debits / standing orders absolutely no charges .... Why not check it out .... Begrudge giving those guys anything

It might help the OP and the rest of us if you stated what bank you're with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Worth keeping in mind that EBS have relatively poor online banking and no app banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

I find PTSB the most transparent and easiest to deal with in terms of no fees banking. open24 and its app is very straightforward to use. how long this free banking will last is a bit of a concern with the recent stress test result but heres hoping

JTMan wrote: »
    Worth keeping in mind that EBS have relatively poor online banking and no app banking.

No mobile app is a downer but the online (web browser) facilities are as good as BoI as far as I'm concerned, you can move money between accounts, setup payee accounts to transfer money out and pay bills.

Advertisement