Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 onlysheep

NYC2013 wrote: »
    If JR Smith just passed the ball to Calderon Knicks would be up by like 10 now

If JR Smith can use his head to play, Nicks could get 40 wins this season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 onlysheep

NYC2013 wrote: »
    If JR Smith just passed the ball to Calderon Knicks would be up by like 10 now

If JR Smith can use his head to play, Knicks could get 40 wins this season.... LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice to see D Rose get through 27 minutes there scoring 21 points. Hopefully he gets through a run of games now injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Things are not going well for Lance at Charlotte. Careful what you wish for.

The Hornets look good on paper, they'd be one of these teams that would be fun to play with on 2k15, but chemistry wise they're out of sync. Lots of iso players who aren't terribly efficient scorers. It's like they assembled a team based on youtube highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The celtics need to play for 48 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

How the Lakers lost last night, I'll never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

This Celtics team under Brad Stevens always seems to play the Bulls tough, fortunate to come away with a win.

Good to see Russell Westbrook back. Always thought he got too much flak for the Thunder's limitations (Scott Brooks). Didn't do so well without him.

Celtics seem to not play in the 4th quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Celtics seem to not play in the 4th quarter.

So it seems. Saw them 2 weeks ago against Cleveland, 19 points up in the fourth, lost by 1. Frustrating.

Quality win against the Nets, I think the Bulls best performance of the season so far. No coincidence it's the 2nd straight game with all 5 starters, starting to get some continuity.

The Bulls really got a steal with Gasol. His contract is for $7m/year, but playing like a max-contract guy. Averaging 19-pts/11-rebounds, another 25/13 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bulls end their circus road trip at 4-3 with a win @ Brooklyn to move to 11-6 overall. I honestly haven't even had the time to sit down and watch one full Chicago game this season (just bits and pieces here and there), but that's a good start all things considered.

Paully D wrote: »
    Bulls end their circus road trip at 4-3 with a win @ Brooklyn to move to 11-6 overall. I honestly haven't even had the time to sit down and watch one full Chicago game this season (just bits and pieces here and there), but that's a good start all things considered.

I'm the same regarding the Pacers. I'd say I've watched two full games. first year out of college so having to get up early for work/tiredness at the weekends has caught up! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nice triple double for the apparent 40th best player in the league. Kobeeeee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Nice triple double for the apparent 40th best player in the league. Kobeeeee!

Only player in NBA history to have 30k points and 6k assists!
    They are a different team when he involves all the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm really liking the All Star jerseys for this year, really simple/classic look

625x527.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

yeah they're class, at least they aren't sleaved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Lovely. Reminds me of the old 76ers jersey. The white one anyway.

And the reigning MVP is back tonight :)

Time for okc to catch up with there rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Very impressed by the Warriors win over Orlando tonight, they played poorly for the most part but still managed to sneak a win over a good looking young Orlando team that are executing well.

Makes up for all those years of watching circus ball most nights.

Celtics blew a 23 point lead last night and couldnt stop the Hawks in the 4th. I don't know what's happening.

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot Hinrich. The Bulls had the Mavs beaten in regulation. Up by 3, with 4 seconds left, Mavs inbounding under their own basket with no timeouts. So they're going to run down and jack up an off balance shot. Monta Ellis takes the inbound, runs down, goes to jack said off-balance shot, and Hinrich wraps him up with both arms like he's trying to do an intentional foul. One of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen.

Ellis sinks all 3 free throws and the Mavs win after double overtime. So not only did he lose us the game, it ensured they played 58 minutes on the first night of a back-to-back.

The team played well apart from that. Mirotic is flying, exceeding my expectations. 15 points off the bench in 26 minutes last night. Thought he would take a season to get up to speed, but he's adapting very quickly. Will be a significant contributor to the team this season.

You know it's bad when Dirk is calling you out.
    "In my 17 years, it was one of the dumber fouls I've ever seen," Nowitzki said in a matter-of-fact tone. "You wait all the way until he dribbles to the 3-point line to grab him, so that's obviously a tough one, tough play. I saw coach Thibodeau was just shaking his head."

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Celtics blew a 23 point lead last night and couldnt stop the Hawks in the 4th. I don't know what's happening.

celtics are looking like a more subtle philly at the moment playing well for most of the game and then suddenly forgetting how to play basketball.

could work out ideally though this team has some serious young piece if they can resign rondo (and maby green id like to keep him) nab a decent draft pick and grab an okafor/turner/towns/cauley-stein or send philly a few for either embed or noel if they get okafor like they allegedly want then they are in a position where they are in a position where they could be a deep playoff team with lots of draft picks and tons of cap room. (all this is idealistic but theres no point in us making the playoffs this year)

i can't wait for smart to come back personally that small lineup of rondo,bradley,smart,green,sullenger was a lot of fun to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

padraig_f wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Hinrich. The Bulls had the Mavs beaten in regulation. Up by 3, with 4 seconds left, Mavs inbounding under their own basket with no timeouts. So they're going to run down and jack up an off balance shot. Monta Ellis takes the inbound, runs down, goes to jack said off-balance shot, and Hinrich wraps him up with both arms like he's trying to do an intentional foul. One of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen.

Ellis sinks all 3 free throws and the Mavs win after double overtime. So not only did he lose us the game, it ensured they played 58 minutes on the first night of a back-to-back.

The team played well apart from that. Mirotic is flying, exceeding my expectations. 15 points off the bench in 26 minutes last night. Thought he would take a season to get up to speed, but he's adapting very quickly. Will be a significant contributor to the team this season.

That must of been a total brain dart by Hinrich cos he is a pretty smart player, been a big fan of his for years, great player to have on the roster

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

must be heartbreaking for celtics fans this. ahead by 11 at one stage in 4th. now its going to OT
    can anyone shed light on whether bulls celtics at td garden on 16th Jan will be a big game regardless of whether celtics look likely for playoffs? is it a big rivalry like celtics - lakers celtics - knicks etc...?

The 76ers broke there loosing streak last night and in the process cost me my accumulator :( bloody typical

Very strong win for the rockets against the Grizzlies and another big play from Ellis for the mavs. Pretty sick buzzer beater

Pretty sick travel by Ellis alright. Hate the NBA for that sort of sh*t. The refs often swallow whistles if a play 'looks' good. It was a clear travel by Monta. Bucks got screwed.

Meanwhile,

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...223911091.html
    Evan Turner claims Kyle Korver 'can't guard to save his life'

Pot, meet kettle.

Korrayls wrote: »
    must be heartbreaking for celtics fans this. ahead by 11 at one stage in 4th. now its going to OT
    can anyone shed light on whether bulls celtics at td garden on 16th Jan will be a big game regardless of whether celtics look likely for playoffs? is it a big rivalry like celtics - lakers celtics - knicks etc...?

Maybe not as bitter a rivalry as Lakers-Celtics, but think there will always be a bit of an edge in a Bulls-Celtics game.

Would help more if the Celtics were more competitive, but they always have a good crowd at the Garden.

Don't think the Celtics are as bad as their current record, and could sneak into an 8th seed. Wouldn't call it a big game but should be competitive. The Celtics have beaten the Bulls already this season, and while the Bulls won the 2nd game, it was close.

Are you thinking of going to the game?

Good effort from the Bulls last night to beat the Hornets. Signs of fatigue after the double-overtime game the night before, and thought it might cost them, but they ground it out.

Thought the Hornets would be better this year, playoff team last year and thought Lance would be a good addition to help their scoring. Was trying to see the problem last night....they look too individualistic, taking turns trying to beat the defense single-handedly. They have some talent so could turn it around, but not playing as a team right now.

Jimmy getting some recognition...

B39_yFnCEAAXZzO.jpg:medium

+ great defense!

2 days off now, before a tough one against the Warriors on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nice win for philly it had to happen sometime

Advertisement