Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Perkins waived, Bulls, Cleveland and Clippers interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Knight and 3 number one picks for Dragic, who's 28 now.. I think phoenix just did a number on the Heat and everyone else. Haven't watched much of Knight but his 3rd team in what, 3 years.. what am I missing here? He looks decent enough from what I've seen. Bucks have been doing well this year why trade him away.

Also the Kings got rid of Ramon Sessions who's been completely awful this year. On a disastrous team he's been consistently turrible. Traded his 2 year contract for Andre Millers 1 year and hopefully some locker room leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Joey Blue Rodent

wow so much for nothing happening this window!!

delighted with the isaiah thomas pickup if we can find a way to combine his speed and offensive game and marcus smarts size and defence into one player we have an mvp candidate right there bring on the mad scientists danny

edit: also danny ainge is a fantastic gm a lot of people are comparing what hes doing to "one red paperclip" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip

in the space of a few months he turned a trade exception that was about to expire into isaiah thomas and tyler zeller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Cant see dragic resigning with the heat either. D wade and his dodgy knees cant be too big an attraction.

Will smart play the 3 now for the Celts

stuchyg wrote: »
    Cant see dragic resigning with the heat either. D wade and his dodgy knees cant be too big an attraction.

i dont think so thomas/bradly would be very small as it is without putting smart at 3 but it makes for a very interesting rotation

i think dragic may resign with the heat apparently his biggest issue with the suns is that he wants to be the main ball handler he could get that at the heat and the heat have as good a team as the lakers or knicks are likely to have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

stuchyg wrote: »

Miami wouldn't have thrown away two picks if he wasn't resigning.

Dragic
    Wade (if healthy)
    Deng
    Bosh
    Whiteside

That ain't bad. Kudos to Riley.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Miami wouldn't have thrown away two picks if he wasn't resigning.

Dragic
    Wade (if healthy)
    Deng
    Bosh
    Whiteside

That ain't bad. Kudos to Riley.

The Heat were one of the teams he wanted to go to, so he will most likely re-sign.

The Heat were one of the teams he wanted to go to, so he will most likely re-sign.

i dont know man i heard it was lakers/knicks or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Dragic will have about 28m reasons to re-sign with the Heat, my prediction is he will.

And that's not to say he's just about the money, but it is a hell of a lot of a lot, and I can't see any other situation that would be so much better that you'd give up all that money for.

I think it's a decision he made when he agreed to be traded to them.

I guess Durant and Reggie Jackson didn't get along...

@royceyoung: Durant on deadline day: "We felt like everybody wanted to be here except for one guy."

• Advertisement

well just after signing dragic to make a run at the postseason and it looks like chris bosh could miss the rest of the season with blood clots in his lungs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Pretty serious news coming out of Miami regarding Chris Bosh. Apparently Bosh was admitted to hospital last night & reports are that he could have blood clots on his lungs, thus missing the rest of season and maybe longer.

i dont know man i heard it was lakers/knicks or nothing

Nope, Si had it on Monday on Tuesday that it was one of those 3 teams. I was kinda shocked as they all pretty much suck at the moment when he'd have been a serious addition to ANY contender. And I was kinda hoping he might look at Boston too…….

Nope, Si had it on Monday on Tuesday that it was one of those 3 teams. I was kinda shocked as they all pretty much suck at the moment when he'd have been a serious addition to ANY contender. And I was kinda hoping he might look at Boston too…….

noooo i had no interest in getting him in boston he's the same age as rondo and he was meant to be to old. I'm much happier getting the younger thomas and getting him for nothing on really really good longer contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

D2D wrote: »
    Pretty serious news coming out of Miami regarding Chris Bosh. Apparently Bosh was admitted to hospital last night & reports are that he could have blood clots on his lungs, thus missing the rest of season and maybe longer.
    That's bad news. Hopefully he is ok. Sh*t luck for the Heat too after adding Dragic.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    That's bad news. Hopefully he is ok. Sh*t luck for the Heat too after adding Dragic.

Yup, the timing sucks alright. Kinda shocking this wasn't picked up earlier.

noooo i had no interest in getting him in boston he's the same age as rondo and he was meant to be to old. I'm much happier getting the younger thomas and getting him for nothing on really really good longer contract

I don't mind Thomas but in the right hands and the right offense being run through him Dragic would have been (and it's only my opinion) a better fit for Boston. We'll see what happens anyway when Boston start using their 500 picks:D in the draft or for trade bait.

Dragic is a beast though. Hard as nails and can play.

I don't mind Thomas but in the right hands and the right offense being run through him Dragic would have been (and it's only my opinion) a better fit for Boston. We'll see what happens anyway when Boston start using their 500 picks:D in the draft or for trade bait.

Dragic is a beast though. Hard as nails and can play.

he's a great player i just can't see boston competing until he's about 30 at least so its hard to justify signing him now also not a hope he would have resigned there unfortunately.

my only concern is philly seems to be copying us with the picks route what the hell are they thinking trading mcw and kj mcdaniels

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like Bosh's season is done.
    Joseph Goodman ‏@JoeGoodmanJr 1m1 minute ago
    Heat expected to announce Chris Bosh's season is over.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery soon. Such an underrated player since he joined the Heat.

Interesting article on Reggie Jackson's departure from OKC: Jackson's OKC exit a long time coming

I liked this bit...
    Two days before the Thunder's season opener in Portland, Jackson sprained his ankle and missed the team's first two games. In their third game, the Nov. 1 home opener against the Nuggets, Jackson was cleared to play, but according to a source, refused to because of disappointment that he wasn't traded before the Oct. 31 extension deadline for first-round picks entering their fourth season, like Harden before him. Jackson spoke at shootaround that morning, coyly saying he probably wouldn't play that night. Immediately after finishing his session, he grabbed a ball and threw down an impressive drop-step windmill dunk -- in front of reporters and his teammates. Remember: This was when the Thunder were piecing together a roster without Durant and Westbrook, and only had eight active players available.

• Advertisement

That's unfortunate about Bosh. Was listening to him on the BS Report over the all-star break, seems like a good guy. He was pretty honest, saying he didn't like some of the pressure associated with going for a title. Worth a listen...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12333501

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

padraig_f wrote: »
    Interesting article on Reggie Jackson's departure from OKC: Jackson's OKC exit a long time coming

I liked this bit...

This is interesting. Also this locker room divide mentioned in the article does seem to explain seemingly random strongheaded moments like this http://gfycat.com/PortlyMilkyBluebird

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Perkins signing for the Cavs after buyout with the Jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Bosh has been ruled out for the remainder of the season. Big blow for Miami

Paully D wrote: »
    Perkins signing for the Cavs after buyout with the Jazz.

Oh I wish Nuri was here to hear his thoughts on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

As soon as he heard he probably began planning his trip to the Finals to watch the Cavs play.

jarred sullenger gone for the season thats what little inside presence the celtics had gone

Cavs are just killing the Knicks right now

D2D wrote: »
    Cavs are just killing the Knicks right now

thats the effect the goatkins can have to an organisation .... also the knicks are so bad its annoyed the 6ers into getting worse

• Advertisement

Apparent slight problem on his end

B-etMtCIEAAVeH-.png

Advertisement