Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Holy Christ Westbrook went off on one last night! 49/16/10. His 4th triple double in a row. Is anyone watching the Thunder the last while is he just ball hogging or how is he playing

I saw last night game. On the ball hogging, he started off last night really hot, dropping 16 in the first. He had it going and no one else was really offering anything so he took over. I would say if he didn't dominate the ball they would have been nowhere near winning the game. He was still setting people up, but Ibaka was ice cold and besides Waiters no one else could buy a basket. He actually reminded me a lot of peak Kobe last night, just refusing to let his team lose, even with everything going against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Some really great news in that Craig Sager is back reporting tonight! He's at the United Center for the Bulls/Thunder game

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    going to see the warriors in a couple of weeks for three games(hawks, pelicans and jazz) cant wait

I haven't seen much of the thunder, but how much ball hogging can he be doing with 4 triple doubles in a row, he's obviously sharing the ball to some extent...

watched the blazer-clippers game last night, crazy stuff...blazers went on 12-2 run to finish the 4th with hack-a-Jordan working to perfection... lillard was awful scoring wise, I think he got 1/12 fg, and about 7 pts but something like 17 rebs...

As posted previously Scott if you're a purist it's really worth your while getting there early to see Curry warming up. I'm talking like an hour - hour and a half before tip off. Shows how hard working the guy is. He's without question the best shooter in the game and yet he practices harder than anyone else, says a lot about his work ethic.

Just to warn you though if you're not a nerdy purist about the game it may be a bit boring......as my OH will attest to. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Only got to see the game winner myself, but a nice win for the Bulls at home to the Thunder last night. Down by 16 at one stage I believe.

E'Twaun Moore hit the game winning 3. A nice moment for the local guy:

“It’s a natural instinct,” said Bulls very deep reserve guard from East Chicago, E’Twaun Moore, whose three pointer with 2.1 seconds left carried the Bulls to perhaps their best and most exciting win of the season, 108-105 over the Oklahoma Thunder. “I’ve been playing basketball for a long time. It’s not brand new to me. I’m always ready.

“It (inbounds play with 4.9 seconds left) wasn’t for me,” said Moore, whose 19 points was not only a career high but his first double digit scoring game of the season. “It was for Pau (Gasol). He just kicked it out; read the play. It was a touch pass, he read (the double team). That’s what smart players do. He trusted me to knock down the shot.

“I had my eyes on it the whole time,” Moore said with a satisfied grin. “I was, ‘Please, please go in,’ and it fell for me. I was just staying with it.”

I was really looking forward to Cavs/Hawks tonight, but a long week has caught up on me and I'll never be able to stay awake for it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Only got to see the game winner myself, but a nice win for the Bulls at home to the Thunder last night. Down by 16 at one stage I believe.

E'Twaun Moore hit the game winning 3. A nice moment for the local guy:

Yeah delighted for the guy. He's had very little court time this year, but whenever he's come in, he's done a good job. Last night was by far his best game. They got down double digits early in the game, and it was Moore and Mirotic off the bench that sparked the comeback (he finished 9-10 on the game as well).

Nice heady play from Pau on the game winner too, think it was drawn up for him, but he spotted Westbrook dropping off and made to touch-pass to Moore.

Mirotic is flying lately too. 20+ points in this last 3 games. Big help carrying the scoring load since Rose went out. Hopefully he can continue this form into the playoffs.

Danger of a let-down game in Indiana tonight, team was pumped up after the big win last night. I was too, it was a fun one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    going to see the warriors in a couple of weeks for three games(hawks, pelicans and jazz) cant wait

I haven't seen much of the thunder, but how much ball hogging can he be doing with 4 triple doubles in a row, he's obviously sharing the ball to some extent...

watched the blazer-clippers game last night, crazy stuff...blazers went on 12-2 run to finish the 4th with hack-a-Jordan working to perfection... lillard was awful scoring wise, I think he got 1/12 fg, and about 7 pts but something like 17 rebs...

Nice, enjoy. Want to see the pelicans too, well anthony davis to be honest.
    Going to probably head to the utah game myself, tempted to splash out on clippers game on sunday but I can't justify it to myself, save it for the playoffs.

Watched the bulls a few nights ago, massively impressed by marotic (spelling?), my type of player.
    Also, when will scott brooks get fired, poor coach, such a talented team.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Yeah delighted for the guy. He's had very little court time this year, but whenever he's come in, he's done a good job. Last night was by far his best game. They got down double digits early in the game, and it was Moore and Mirotic off the bench that sparked the comeback (he finished 9-10 on the game as well).

Nice heady play from Pau on the game winner too, think it was drawn up for him, but he spotted Westbrook dropping off and made to touch-pass to Moore.

Mirotic is flying lately too. 20+ points in this last 3 games. Big help carrying the scoring load since Rose went out. Hopefully he can continue this form into the playoffs.

Danger of a let-down game in Indiana tonight, team was pumped up after the big win last night. I was too, it was a fun one.

You called it mate. So predictable! :pac: Pacers win 98-84, with the Bulls losing the 4th quarter by 14 points (32-18).

Paully D wrote: »
    You called it mate. So predictable! :pac: Pacers win 98-84, with the Bulls losing the 4th quarter by 14 points (32-18).

Ah yeah, not too bothered about it. Gonna have inconsistency when you have key players out. Teams were pretty closely matched, level after 3, and the Pacers made their shots in the 4th.

2nd night of a back-to-back, on the road, not gonna dwell too much on it. One bright side was McDermott had a pretty good game, after really not being great since returning from injury.

One little detail I liked in the post-game reports:

"McDermott revealed Noah texts him often to boost spirits."

Noah is such a great leader. Not just about what he does on the court, all the little things. You see it during the timeouts and on the bench, he's always encouraging guys and pumping them up. McDermott has struggled badly this year, and missed time with injury. When McDermott was making his shots last night, you could see him and Noah in particular celebrating.

I was only thinking to myself the other day that we haven't seen as many crazy dunks from Mr. Green this year as last….and then he does this:

:eek:

Steph Curry. Just click the link.

https://vine.co/v/OEpxmj3zEwq

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Steph Curry. Just click the link.

https://vine.co/v/OEpxmj3zEwq

:eek::eek:

Pretty amazing wasn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Pretty amazing wasn't it

Kerr's reaction is priceless.

He has his arms out and a "what the hell are you doing?" look on his face.
    Then it goes in and his mind is blown. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Another triple double for WB last night that's 5 in his last 6 games..crazy

limerickfc wrote: »
    Another triple double for WB last night that's 5 in his last 6 games..crazy

And the game he didn't, against the Bulls, he had 43 points (as Thibs said 'we held him to 43'). People saying the MVP race is wide open and whoever finishes the season strongest might get it. Westbrook could be making a late run for it.

Last time teammates won the MVP in consecutive years?
    Bob Cousy and Bill Russell '57 and '58.

Hi lads, I wrote a short article on the resurgence of the Spurs if anyone would like to read it.
    http://www.punditarena.com/basketball/comahony/nba-postpone-the-funereal-spurs-win-five-straight-games/

buyer95 wrote: »
    Hi lads, I wrote a short article on the resurgence of the Spurs if anyone would like to read it.
    http://www.punditarena.com/basketball/comahony/nba-postpone-the-funereal-spurs-win-five-straight-games/

Nice piece Conor and commiserations on being a Knicks Fan…..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Joey Blue Rodent

celtics just put kelly o in at small forward :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

celtics just put kelly o in at small forward :D

Did anyone notice that he tripped over himself twice in the space of a minute in the fourth quarter? Hilarious stuff

Pitty about the loss against Magic, going well of late

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Who would want to play in the west?

The "prize" for coming first or second in the regular season could be a date in the first round against the Spurs and /or a healthy OKC.. Neither the top 2 seeds are guaranteed to come through if Spurs and OKC are healthy. I would also fancy Grizzlies tongue through than Warriors (a lot depends on the health of OKC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Can't wait for the playoffs now, some of the potential match ups are mouthwatering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Rodney Stuckey with 34 pts 6 rebs 7 asts off the bench for the Pacers tonight.

Knicks have lost 51 games in Mid March and they still arnt technically eliminated from the playoffs. Good grief. Eastern conference is just awful.

Get it while it's hot lads. A very good watch:

We have the 4 hour time difference for a couple of weeks. Bulls game on at 11 tonight, and one we might have a chance at winning (@ Philly).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

When is a tank not a tank? When it’s the Celtics! They were opposed from +4.5 to +6 last night and ended up winning the game…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Joey Blue Rodent

Bateman wrote: »
    When is a tank not a tank? When it’s the Celtics! They were opposed from +4.5 to +6 last night and ended up winning the game…

they've also won 7 of there past 8 including wins over the grizzlies and hawks and the only loss was to golden state where they blew that 26 point lead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Stevens is a hell of a coach, and he has a roster full of hard working dudes with balls. I hope they make the playoffs.

Cleveland @ spurs, wow, what a game, irving has gone insane.
    Basketball is the biggest winner here

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FaulknersFav

Cleveland @ spurs, wow, what a game, irving has gone insane.
    Basketball is the biggest winner here

Best game I've seen this year. That 3 by Irving to tie was astounding!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Kyrie just went off last night, an amazing performance! He sets a new Cavs record with 57 points in a game

Advertisement