Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

killwill wrote: »
    Warriors v Clippers on now. I love the intensity that CP3 brings on defence.

And on that note...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

There is no NBA reporter who is closer to LeBron than Brian Windhorst. LeBron talks to him everyday and Windhorst has never missed a game that LeBron has played. Simmons had him on the BS Report Tuesday to talk about the Cavs season, LeBron and Blatts relationship, Love and other things . Definitely worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Phil Jackson should probably get fired after this season anyways. He won't, but he should. Any way you look at it, he has done a horrible job with the Knicks this year, and their franchise is a train wreck. Carmelo Anthony and a bunch of scrubs like Lou Amundson. And Phil chose Derrick Fisher as his coach, which was also a horrible decision. Phil Jackson is a great coach, horrible GM
    I'll reserve judgement until next season. The fact we're rolling out a bunch of scrubs isn't something you can knock him for right now, the team is trying to lose. How we've got here however I have an issue with. We simply havnt got enough value for the players we traded. I agree he has done a poor job this far, but if the Knicks could get Towns or Okafor in this draft, decent role players in free agents, then I think we would be on the road to recovery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

buyer95 wrote: »
    There is no NBA reporter who is closer to LeBron than Brian Windhorst. LeBron talks to him everyday and Windhorst has never missed a game that LeBron has played. Simmons had him on the BS Report Tuesday to talk about the Cavs season, LeBron and Blatts relationship, Love and other things . Definitely worth a listen

Yeah I remember him having Windhorst on before. He's a solid reporter and his relationship with LeBron has led to him being moved about whenever LeBron moves. Must give that a listen later.

Just looked Windhorst up on wiki and turns out he went to the same school as LBJ, explains their relationship to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bulls-Bucks tonight, possible first-round playoff preview. I'm hoping we get the Bucks, Milwaukee is close to Chicago and always has a great travelling Bulls support. Young team as well, you kinda think they wouldn't put up too much of a fight.

I was watching the Nets the other day, and was wondering why they weren't in the playoff seedings. Still got a bit of talent on the roster. Seem to be coming good lately...8-2 in their last 10. Not saying they're gonna be a contender in the East, but not a first-round opponent you'd like to face. Currently slated to face the Hawks, but could see them overtaking Miami in 7th, and playing Cleveland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Could watch Curry all day everyday. Ridiculous skill levels across shooting, dribbling and passing (particularly one handed passes, and off both hands).

Golden State with a big win in LA last night (just finished watching it). Down 20 early and playing in a near Play Off intensity game it was a huge win psychologically for them against a team they hate, and hates them. As a Boston fan it's kinda sad to see Doc behave like a beeyatch when he doesn't get calls.

Everyone still doubting they can win it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

Golden State with a big win in LA last night (just finished watching it). Down 20 early and playing in a near Play Off intensity game it was a huge win psychologically for them against a team they hate, and hates them. As a Boston fan it's kinda sad to see Doc behave like a beeyatch when he doesn't get calls.

Everyone still doubting they can win it all?

I'm still a doubter.
    They've played great this season, but the playoffs are a different animal.
    In amongst the few losses they do have, we see some familiar names - Spurs and Clipps, who knocked them out of the playoffs the last 2 years, and Memphis.
    Can't see them avoiding all of those, but if they do, they've still got to beat Lebron.

I hope they prove me wrong, but they're essentially the same team as last year personnel wise. Better coached yes, but is that enough to bridge the gap to the Spurs? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Mavs up 28 - 25 after 1..kanter with 15 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I dont think anyone can rate Phil this season tbh, they had a goal to lose and get money for this off season and well they are succeeding

• Advertisement

Some very iffy calls here the home crowd not liking it

BQQ wrote: »
    I'm still a doubter.
    They've played great this season, but the playoffs are a different animal.
    In amongst the few losses they do have, we see some familiar names - Spurs and Clipps, who knocked them out of the playoffs the last 2 years, and Memphis.
    Can't see them avoiding all of those, but if they do, they've still got to beat Lebron.

I hope they prove me wrong, but they're essentially the same team as last year personnel wise. Better coached yes, but is that enough to bridge the gap to the Spurs? I don't think so.

If you're bored enough to go back through my posts you'll see how I answered pretty much all of the questions around the team and the Play Offs. Key is keeping Bogut and Lee healthy, those two in particular do so much of the hard an dirty work on the glass and inside that without them the spacing the team enjoys is gone.

I'd be very surprised if Cleveland come out of the East too. Atlanta are too deep for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

If you're bored enough to go back through my posts you'll see how I answered pretty much all of the questions around the team and the Play Offs. Key is keeping Bogut and Lee healthy, those two in particular do so much of the hard an dirty work on the glass and inside that without them the spacing the team enjoys is gone.

I'd be very surprised if Cleveland come out of the East too. Atlanta are too deep for them.

A productive Lee would be fantastic, he is getting his confidence back and is a great man to bring in, especially if you need to make a hard foul.

What struck me about the game, was that the clippers brought all this intensity because it was an important game for them, where as it didn't actually matter for the Warriors but half way through the Warriors kind of decided, we don't want to lose to these guys, didn't panic, it just looked controlled and dare I say, easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

He seems to have recovered fine anyway!
    41 points, 17 assists and 4 steals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Boogie had another ridiculous night last night against the Rockets: 24 pts, 21 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, 6 blocks

https://youtu.be/6VEc3B3Srrc

He's made steady improvements every year but he really broke out this year. Looking forward to the next few seasons with him and Rudy

A productive Lee would be fantastic, he is getting his confidence back and is a great man to bring in, especially if you need to make a hard foul.

What struck me about the game, was that the clippers brought all this intensity because it was an important game for them, where as it didn't actually matter for the Warriors but half way through the Warriors kind of decided, we don't want to lose to these guys, didn't panic, it just looked controlled and dare I say, easy

Yup, totally agree. The score line was very deceptive. From once they drew level there was never any doubt who was going to win....and that's from 20 down.

I genuinely beliweve right now the only thing to stop them this year will be an injury, or Joey Crawford. :rolleyes:

What a finish to the Suns @ GSW game.
    6.8s on the clock and GSW down by 2 when Curry hits a clutch 3!
    Suns get a layup off the inbounds after a timeout only for GSW to reply with 0.4s on the clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Boogie had another ridiculous night last night against the Rockets: 24 pts, 21 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, 6 blocks

https://youtu.be/6VEc3B3Srrc

He's made steady improvements every year but he really broke out this year. Looking forward to the next few seasons with him and Rudy

Yep and he's just after following that up again last night against AD and the Pelicans with 24/20/13/4. This guy is the best big in the NBA bar none, and yes that includes AD. He's the first player to put up back to back 20/20/10 games since Wilt in 1968.

We need to get him some help. He's extremely loyal to the Kings but that loyalty only last so long. When you're that good and you haven't even sniffed the playoffs yet, leaving starts to look more attractive. If we don't make the playoffs next year then I fear he'll be gone. This is probably the most important off-season in Kings history, we have to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bulls beat the Pistons 88-82. Man, Drummond is a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Crazy stat about Tim Duncan

2mg9nxi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bulls 91 - Bucks 95

Kind of a flukey win, the Bucks play a pretty unstructured game, but sometimes those shots go in, and they did on Wednesday night. Aaron Brooks had a rough night defensively, as the Bucks looked to exploit the size-mismatch of him guarding Michael Carter-Williams. They had some success there, but that won't be as much of an option if Rose is back for the playoffs. The Bucks are still the team I want in the playoffs, and I think the Bulls would beat them about 8 out of 10 times.

Pistons 82 - Bulls 88

A real slog, this one. Dunleavy seems to have gone off the boil of late, and the Bulls aren't getting enough scoring from their starting five. You watch this and you wonder about the team's ceiling for the playoffs, struggling to beat the Pistons at home after a loss to the Bucks. Rose coming back will make a difference, but it doesn't look likely enough to make them a real contender.

Have to say a word about Pau here. While the starting five have struggled with scoring, he's been the most consistent offensive player on the team this season. Played an awesome game last night, 26-10 against a tough defensive matchup with Drummond, and got the offensive-rebound putback that sealed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Rockets just beat OKC 115-112, Westbrook gets his 11th triple double of the season (40 points/13 assists/11 boards), Harden finished with 41. Bulls/Cavs on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cavs beat the Bulls by 5 in a pretty strange game. Pretty much every chuck up shot went in. Cavs extend their home win streak to 18! LeBron got his first triple-double of the season and JR Smith gets another record for most 3's attempted without shooting a 2, going 8-17

JR is also pretty good at H-O-R-S-E https://vine.co/v/Ol2jhmDTn6D

So is Kyrie https://vine.co/v/Ol2QgeiM6M9

Great news in that Paul George returns tonight as Indy face off against the Heat

Anyone watching GSW @ SA?
    Spurs ball movement and intensity on D hurting GS big time.
    Spurs are really hitting Championship form right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Was great to see PG back last night.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Was great to see PG back last night.

13 points in 14 minutes too. Very impressive considering how long he was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

killwill wrote: »
    13 points in 14 minutes too. Very impressive considering how long he was out.
    He missed two bunnies as well. Could easily have been 17 points on 7/12 shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

OKC can probably make the playoffs without needing to beat the Spurs but really what’s the point? It was disappointing to see them draw level with Houston late on and then just produce nothing off the bridle. They’re just too stretched now with all the injuries and if they make the first round I’d find it hard to back them against anyone.

• Advertisement

Ya I agree..their better off keeping takin their chances with the lotto they might do a Cleveland on it..no way KD could leave if they lucked into the 1# pick

Advertisement