Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 14/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Bulls and the sixers are having a great hit the front of the rim contest in Philly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Grizzlies OKC is likely to be a snooze fest. I love Memphis' team, heck I picked them to snatch the 3 seed in the west. But it's half court, get it inside ball with stifling defense. Grizz to win handily enough. Games on BT 2, followed by Cavs Nuggets. Cavs to win there too I'd imagine/ hope( money on both teams tonight!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Had an early journey this morning so only watched some of the first quarters last night. Looks like there was some crackers though, a lot of overtime games and even some double overtime. Looking forward to catching up on them later today.

LeBron appears to be in "takeover" mood again which Cavs fans will be happy to see I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Raptors flying at the moment(5-1) 13 turnovers last night though, just as well wizards shooting was so poor, raps have yet to score under 100pts so far too and have won 23 straight at home when leading going into the 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Kings with a very hard fought double OT win on the road against Phoenix. They just never stop fighting and grit it out til the end. Made so many mistakes down the stretch but luckily managed to pull it off with some clutch shots. Big Cuz fouled out in the fourth on a ridiculous call but still had 25/18/2. Still so early in the season but these are good teams on the road that we're taking out, it's like this Kings team have the expectation of winning every game. Has been a long time since I've had this much reason to be excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bulls trundling along, 5-1 kind of flatters them, started the season with an easy schedule. Haven't been brilliant, but have had enough against the opposition they've faced.

Lot of depth though, 2nd team comes in and it's almost as strong as the first. Makes them fun to watch, no down time, Mirotic and McDermott are such intriguing players. They're still working things out as rookies, but I think are adapting quite quickly.

Rose didn't play last night against the 76ers, hopefully he's back tonight for the Celtics, sounds like he's close.

This is good leadership...

DeMarcus Cousins restrains his coach from confronting officials after he fouls out of win over Suns

Would've been easy to feel sorry for himself after getting a bad call, but shows he's thinking of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Big game out West starting in a few, Blazers@Clippers (it's on BT Sport 2)

Halftime at Staples - Blazers lead the Clippers 62-53

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

79 each clippers and blazers with seconds left in the 3rd.

• Advertisement

Clippers win it 106-102, very entertaining game to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just echoing an earlier poster re Boogie fouling out last night, absolutely horrendous call. I can't imagine another player in the league getting called for that now Rasheed Wallace has left the league! ;) That was potentially a game changing call and that ref should be punished for that. It was a "Joey Crawford" call if ever I saw one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It might have been a rubbish callout I have to agree with what was also pointed out above about Boogies reaction. The growth Demarcus appears to have shown since previous years is phenomenal. A couple of years ago he would have been out on the court with his coach arguing the call, not trying to prevent the coach arguing. The Kings could surprise a lot of people this year if he keeps up this form and character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pacers really are as bad as what everyone thought!

That loss was coming for the Bulls, haven't been to the same level defensively this year. 106 points conceded, gave up 115 in Philadelphia the night before, very unlike a Thibs teams. 4th game in 5 nights, not gonna lose any sleep over it, but they need to improve if they want to be a contender in the East.

The Celtics are better than I thought, very well coached, Stevens really gets the most out of those guys.
    Raf32 wrote: »
    Pacers really are as bad as what everyone thought!

I thought they needed to move on from Vogel after last year, think they gave him a new contract in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

padraig_f wrote: »
    I thought they needed to move on from Vogel after last year, think they gave him a new contract in the summer.

I thought the same but their stuck with him now. Roy injured now too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It might have been a rubbish callout I have to agree with what was also pointed out above about Boogies reaction. The growth Demarcus appears to have shown since previous years is phenomenal. A couple of years ago he would have been out on the court with his coach arguing the call, not trying to prevent the coach arguing. The Kings could surprise a lot of people this year if he keeps up this form and character.

You'd have to imagine his time spent under Thibs and Coach K (much easier than trying to spell his surname :rolleyes:) with USA Basketball this summer would have helped in a big way, as would have been the recognition being in the squad would have meant to him. The guy is a beast and has been seriously (and unfairly IMO) screwed over the last few years by coaches and refs alike but the tide seems to be turning. Anyone who'd read my posts in the past on Boogie will know what a huge fan of his game I am and I'm really pleased he's starting to see some positive press for his game right now.

Anytime I see him being interviewed he comes across really well and very focused and driven. He did a really good interview with Bill Simmons earlier this year that's worth checking out if you can find it. He's the definition of the kind of big man you'd love to have on your team but absolutely hate playing against.

Looking forward to his first All Star Game this year - they seriously cannot snub him again……can they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Great team chemistry

https://vine.co/v/OegJBYg7WFK

Didn't even realise there was an early game on tonight, Nets up 85-82 with just under 9 mins to go in the 4th

Only the 5 games tonight. Cavs are hosting the Pelicans, who are of the heels on back to back wins against the Hornets and Spurs. The Knicks have home advantage as the Hawks/Knicks back-to-back heads to The Garden. The Pacers will be trying to snap their 6 game losing streak as they host the Jazz. The Bulls will be trying to bounce back after their loss to Boston as they host the Pistons and out west, the Spurs head to LA to face the Clippers in the late game

• Advertisement

Rose looking very sharp on his return, 13 points and 5 assists at the half. Bulls in general looking a lot sharper after a couple of days rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Very harsh. He had his best 7 players out the other night.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Very harsh. He had his best 7 players out the other night.

Was based on what I saw the last couple of years. Haven't actually watched them this year but noticed their record.

wow 6ers are that bad that iv herd of a few people who put down money on the eagles to get more wins than them this year

is there anybody here watching the nba long enough that they watched most of patrick ewings career.

if so can you tell me how good he was/what his big strengths where/ was he overhyped because he was a knick

Was based on what I saw the last couple of years. Haven't actually watched them this year but noticed their record.
    Yeah. They're still playing hard and even though they're 2-6 (?) they are not being blown out in any game so far. Any team under Vogel will be well organised defensively and rebound. Most of the games have been neck and neck say til the mid 4th quarter. It's just when it comes to going down the stretch the quality isn't there at the moment.

I'd be hopeful that when Hill, West and Stuckey come back that the team can contend for the lower seeds. It is the East after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sarkakos

cleveland with Lebron maybe tha next Champions

sarkakos wrote: »
    Bold shout that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

sarkakos wrote: »

frabz_Oh_really_Tell_me_more_5cb378.jpg

• Advertisement

is there anybody here watching the nba long enough that they watched most of patrick ewings career.

if so can you tell me how good he was/what his big strengths where/ was he overhyped because he was a knick

I'm old enough to remember the 90s, but was young enough and we didn't have great access at that time to live games, so it was kind of highlights and things we were relying on.

But yeah I thought Ewing was a legit top player who would've won at least one championship if he hadn't happened to be around at the same time as Jordan. Couldn't break down his game in detail, but skilled big guy with a very good mid-range game, deadly with that 12-15 foot jumper.

My favourite Jordan video is Air Time which documents the '92 season, and my favourite part of that video is the Knicks series:

Then in '93 they probably gave them an even tougher series, the Knicks had home court and took a 2 game lead. The series turned in game 5 in MSG, which the Bulls took narrowly to steal back home court.

So they ran the Bulls very close and were probably their toughest opponents during that time.

Advertisement