Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling with baby

Options
  • 25-10-2014 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

hi

so me, my wife and our 6 months old devil are going to travel to asia soon.

it will be 2 seperate flights, one for around 4 hours, the other around 6. and a waiting time of around 4 hours at the airport in between.

so we are unsure how much (if any) babyfood we can take with ourselves?! there is this 100 ml rule, but obviously for such a long flight that wont work with a baby. we chose baby meal for our flight for our baby, but still we would feel more comfortable having our own stuff with us, just in case and especially for the waiting for the next flight at the airport. we kind of reject the idea of paying 5 euro for a small cup of babyfood at the airport.

are we allowed to exceed the 100 ml rule for our baby? next to a couple of bottled of premade formula milk, we would like to take some apple/banana cups (the one like yogurt cups) with us.

does anyone have experience with this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

We travelled with an infant a few times, including to the USA. Although I have never seen a sign saying an actual size limit for baby food, we have nev had a problem. We travelled recently with 5 x 200mls of baby milk in those pre-prepared cartoons you buy in Tescos/Dunnes etc aswell as about 6 fruit pots. No problems at all.

Only word of warning is, if the milk is poured into the bottle, they may make you taste the milk at security. Best idea is not to open the milk container until after security, then pour into your bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

murfilein wrote: »
    hi

so me, my wife and our 6 months old devil are going to travel to asia soon.

it will be 2 seperate flights, one for around 4 hours, the other around 6. and a waiting time of around 4 hours at the airport in between.

so we are unsure how much (if any) babyfood we can take with ourselves?! there is this 100 ml rule, but obviously for such a long flight that wont work with a baby. we chose baby meal for our flight for our baby, but still we would feel more comfortable having our own stuff with us, just in case and especially for the waiting for the next flight at the airport. we kind of reject the idea of paying 5 euro for a small cup of babyfood at the airport.

are we allowed to exceed the 100 ml rule for our baby? next to a couple of bottled of premade formula milk, we would like to take some apple/banana cups (the one like yogurt cups) with us.

does anyone have experience with this?

Have flown a good few times with the rugrats. Never any problem exceeding limits with pre made or plain water in bottles.

I would suggest bringing the pre made formula for flights as it just easier.

If your bringing powder for the trip wrap the boxes in cling film in your checked baggage just in case it bursts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

also travelled with kids <2 in and out of ireland/uk/continent many times and never a problem with baby milk or jars of food.
    Always had unopened baby food jars and the small tetrapak of milk.

Now, I've heard of some being made taste unopened jars and tera paks, but its fairly rare now to be honest.
    Also, if youre in Dublin airport, theres a boots in terminal 1 so should a jobsworth at security make you break the seal on the milk cartons you can get replacements for normal high street prices (60c or whatever it is)

Advertisement