Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for house to rent in Louth

Options
  • 25-10-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys.

Just wondering has or knows of, any 3/4 bed houses to rent in drogheda/tullyallen/ardee or any of the surrounding areas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

• Registered Users Posts: 22 omac

Have done, was just wondering if there were any private landlords out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

omac wrote: »
    Have done, was just wondering if there were any private landlords out there?

Private landlords use Daft as well. It's highly unlikely that there are any properties that are not advertised on either Daft or MyHome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

why is it on this forum that if anyone asks a question that someone else deems 'googleable' they get sarky unhelpful replies?

The op didn't ask google! or daft! They asked their fellow county dwellers because of the possibility of striking lucky and getting in before a place is put up online!

if you can't help them out don't post! no need to state the obvious ..... I'm sure they've heard of daft!

op I may know of something in collon. not sure it would suit and it isn't ready immediately ( new carpet going in) So hasn't been put up yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

why is it on this forum that if anyone asks a question that someone else deems 'googleable' they get sarky unhelpful replies?

Because this is a discussion forum.
    It is NOT daft, google or adverts.ie.

• Advertisement

by that logic you'd have to dismiss all posts asking for recommendations in the same way! the op wasn't asking what time the local chipper opens at! He or she was merely asking if anyone knew of x y and z! Have we all become so pedantic as to cancel out offering help/knowledge if we have it!?

Thanks Bette, have u any idea when it would be available and what price range etc?

omac wrote:
    Thanks Bette, have u any idea when it would be available and what price range etc?

let me get back to u on that, need to confirm details with landlord ...... I will pm you tomorrow if that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

The op didn't ask google! or daft! They asked their fellow county dwellers because of the possibility of striking lucky and getting in before a place is put up online!

if you can't help them out don't post! no need to state the obvious ..... I'm sure they've heard of daft!

op I may know of something in collon. not sure it would suit and it isn't ready immediately ( new carpet going in) So hasn't been put up yet!

Where's this sarky comment?

peejay1986 wrote:
    Where's this sarky comment?

I didn't say there was a sarky comment specifically on this thread. I mentioned the overall forum!

• Advertisement

by that logic you'd have to dismiss all posts asking for recommendations in the same way...

Dunno what the definition of 'logic' is in your dictionary, but it's evidently different to mine!

Anyway, 'posts asking for recommendations' (to use your terms) are fine; they lead to a discussion of the relative merits of various options. (cf. This example)

On the other hand, the OP asked if anyone here had a house to rent. This is not, and could not possibly be construed as, a post 'asking for recommendations'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You're the only person that mentioned Google and quite frankly, the only person who has given a "Sarky" response ;)

I think my point is proven by the fact I'm being slammed for every comment yet I'm the only one who's kept on point as regard the initial query. I didn't ref anyones posts specifically. If a mod wants to come on and call the op out on the thread then that's fine!

Its the back seating mods who cant wait to say something smart to up their post count or thanks that makes me realise why the louth thread is sometimes so quiet! There are certain regulars on here who jump on an op immediately with ...... ' why don't u ring them and see ' and such like. Fine ! I see threads that warrant that response too but this isn't AH.

In this case the op in question was in difficulty in her current circumstances re renting (as you'd have seen had you read her previous posts)

Give ppl a break before you wannabe-mod them is all I'm saying!

I'm not a wannabe mod - hence your post has been reported to those that ARE!

for what exactly??? you must think you're somebody, cause I never mentioned you once! my first post replied to the query! if anything I should report you for going off topic!

...cause I never mentioned you once! my first post replied to the query! ...

Re: the bold part:
    You wrote:
    by that logic you'd have to dismiss all posts asking for recommendations in the same way! the op wasn't asking what time the local chipper opens at! He or she was merely asking if anyone knew of x y and z! Have we all become so pedantic as to cancel out offering help/knowledge if we have it!?

in response to:
    Because this is a discussion forum.
    It is NOT daft, google or adverts.ie.

which was a reply to:

which was your first post in this thread. Mine is the only comment between your two. So, no - you didn't mention me by name or quote my posts directly, but you were without any shadow of a doubt addressing your comment to me.

Re: The underlined part:
    Only the fourth and final paragraph had anything to do with the original query.

locomotion, I think you need to re read the thread! there are at least three comments by other ppl who I could have quoted specifically to ref my point! your first comment wasn't one of them! I saw that as qualifying what u saw as their point! why would I have a problem with that!? and I in turn gave u my opinion on it!

tbh I totally ignored your second comment cause I saw it merely as smart alecy! ( how does my dictionary define logic!) I felt it wasn't worthy of a response!

if anything the next poster could feel aggrieved given he was the last one I read but you obviously want some form of validation to each and every post you make. sorry but you're not gonna get it out of me!

have a good day!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Folks, honestly, my head hurts trying to decipher how a simple request for accommodation can lead to such arguing. As far as I am concerned, recommending daft and the likes is a perfectly legitimate response. The OP never stated that they had checked there first, for all we know the OP could be someone who arrived in the country last week and has never heard of daft. The OP then clarified that they had checked daft, but even with this, people are allowed to give their own experience on daft. Finally, reporting posts for being off topic or back seat modding are certainly not too high on the priority list, so if we could all get along nicely, that would be great.

tbh I totally ignored your second comment cause I saw it merely as smart alecy! ( how does my dictionary define logic!) I felt it wasn't worthy of a response!

Sorry, Delly, I do apologise in advance for this. But I promise this will be my last word on the matter.

BP:
    You asked a question.
    I provided an answer.
    Your response to that answer began "By that logic..." and went on to make an argument that was in no way whatsoever a logical follow-on from what I had said.
    I then explained why this was so, but now you say you ignored it.

And now you're suggesting that I should re-read the thread?

I think you have that bass ackwards!

locum......seriously, get over yourself! you were being a smart Alec cause u knew exactly what I meant! my entire interest in this thread is to help out the op? what is yours exactly? We re now 20 odd posts in and you've still offered nothing up by way of help! I have no idea who you are and made no ref to you. go find your row elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

If I may please ignore the flying handbags in the air ;)... Is this a sign of "housing shortage" spreading from Dublin to commuter towns like Drogheda too? I know people are looking further out as it's hard to find anything decent to rent in Dublin anymore, but I wouldn't have thought we are short of properties in Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

positron wrote: »
    If I may please ignore the flying handbags in the air ;)... Is this a sign of "housing shortage" spreading from Dublin to commuter towns like Drogheda too? I know people are looking further out as it's hard to find anything decent to rent in Dublin anymore, but I wouldn't have thought we are short of properties in Drogheda?

I was talking to a letting agent in dundalk last week, she's run out of places to rent, lots of people moving from Balbriggan and surrounding areas as rent there is getting too high. So looks like there is a shortage of rental properties in dundalk so possibly the same in Drogheda...

Housing is very short! We've got a house..........in Ardee! Anything that comes up is being snapped up immediately!

Advertisement