Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to transfer money between Irish banks

Options
  • 25-10-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi

I am waiting to close on my house sale and purchaser messing around with delays.

I was told that the purchaser transferred funds from her account to her solicitor yesterday (Friday) and am wondering how long it might take to reach her solicitor's account, bearing in mind the bank holiday on Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

If it's the same bank (doesn't have to be the same branch), it should go through straight away. If it's a different bank, it should take two working days, which would be Wednesday, allowing for the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Sarah3 wrote: »
    Hi

I am waiting to close on my house sale and purchaser messing around with delays.

I was told that the purchaser transferred funds from her account to her solicitor yesterday (Friday) and am wondering how long it might take to reach her solicitor's account, bearing in mind the bank holiday on Monday.

Normally, thanks to SEPA, the money arrives on the next business day.

The money should be there on Tuesday.

Advertisement