Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you go on Winning Streak?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Not for 40k would I go near Marty Whelan. He'd drive you up the wall.

It's a soft ticket. I'd put it in the same bracket as that dangerous dreamer Noel Edmonds deal or no deal. A game-show that requires no brain power. The audience are basically zombies with banners.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

i'd love to go on winning streak what are you all talking about!!

win a car, holiday, and thousands in cash...what's the problem ?!

both my parents have been on it in the audience , apparently it's gas, i think there's a free bar too. and a meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Of course you would go on :)
    feck sake there are people out there who would drop their pants for a promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Of course you would go on :)
    feck sake there are people out there who would drop their pants for a promotion.

It doesn't work. I lost my last job because of such-a-thing. Terrible advice indeed. They have it all on CCTV as well as on their security systems. Promotion my arse, it's not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I would, it was very unfair a few years ago when some people would go home with very little money but now everyone seems to do reasonably well.

The presenters are a bit patronising at times but it's easy get over that when winning money.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

byte wrote: »
    I assume you have Donegal connections then? :)

Yea I have a great aunt on my grandfathers side if that counts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Is there ever anyone who goes on alone? It would put me off having to talk so much about yourself and drag a load of family members on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I always assumed that the people who have people go on in their place are on the dole and don't want to get caught with their new found thousands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's the most cringey TV show ever made, so no. And I know neither of my parents would be seen dead on it either. My sister says she would go on for me, but only for half my winnings (in fact, it might have been more than half, she drives a hard bargain).

It's a tough one. Having to live with yourself after being spoken to like a complete cretin on national television (though only old people watch it), or keeping your dignity and penury. Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I would as long as Derek Mooney wasn't presenting it. Imo he came across as an auld bollix on the show. He tries to be fake nice but says horrible nasty things to folks on the show for his own amusement. I watched it one night and he slagged a woman in the audience wearing a scarf on her head who obviously was undergoing chemo at the time. He said something along the lines of nice hat and then started laughing. What a ****ing dickhead :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

I would love to do a streak on winning streak. get up off me chair, take the whole lot off and run across the studio in front of the cameras shouting "Hey Marty what do ya think of these bouncing coloured balls"!!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

Go on Winning streak? And risk injury? Are ya mad.

The place is clearly a safety hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fcuk yeah I would. Free money! You'd get a bit hassle over it but I think it would be worth it. Is it live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I'd love it, Marty is a legend.

Advertisement