Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't send mms messages on lumia 1020

• 25-10-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭

since update to cyan I can't send mms messages. Have checked settings etc and can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

Lumia 1020 on 3 mobile. (Phone was originally on Vodafone prepay but I got it unlocked via Vodafone)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

The MMS settings may have been reset (ie. deleted) after the update. Have you confirmed they're still there (Settings > access point) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Put the sim into another phone, and then back in to the 1020, you should be sent the mms settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

theothernt wrote: »
    The MMS settings may have been reset (ie. deleted) after the update. Have you confirmed they're still there (Settings > access point) ?

yeah they seem to be correct :

mms access point name : 3ireland.ie
    username : blank
    password : blank
    Proxy address : mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port : 8799
    MMSC address : http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    network type : ipv4
    authenticaion type : none

I wonder could it be something to do with image file sizes? can't find settings related to this tho'?

will try and swap sim out later today.

I thought denim update might have fixed this, but no.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate their input....

edit - I didn't mention it in original post, but it's not just sending - I can't receive MMS messages either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have never been able to send MMS on any Windows phone I have owned. MS in there wisdom decided not to allow you to manually enter MMS settings without jumping through all sorts of hoops.

For ages I was the same, could never send or receive picture messages but in the last few weeks I am getting MMS.
    don't know if emobile/meteor have changed settings or if it was because of an update but they are working now on my 925

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have never been able to send MMS on any Windows phone I have owned. MS in there wisdom decided not to allow you to manually enter MMS settings without jumping through all sorts of hoops.

I was able to send and receive MMS previously though - on both a 820 and on the 1020.

it's not a big deal to be honest but kind of annoying when i get an mms and can't open it.

Advertisement