Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get better speeds

Options
  • 25-10-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I currently have the unlimited broadband package and am disappointed with the speeds I am getting.
    I average at about 1.7mbps download and 0.1mbps upload, which I think is ridiculous. I think that speeds like this are unacceptable for 2014. The world relies on technology and connectivity nowadays, and 1.7mbps down just doesn't cut it.

I am IT savvy myself, so the speeds I currently have greatly limits me and what I do. Simple things like downloading music or watching videos has become time consuming. To wait 5 minutes for a SINGLE song to download is unreal. I don't expect to receive fibre speeds in the countryside, but I do expect faster than 1.7mbps.

I'd like to know if anything can be done for me, because I cannot wait another two years and still not even be scheduled to have fibre set up in my area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

bubbafelt wrote: »
    I currently have the unlimited broadband package and am disappointed with the speeds I am getting.
    I average at about 1.7mbps download and 0.1mbps upload, which I think is ridiculous. I think that speeds like this are unacceptable for 2014. The world relies on technology and connectivity nowadays, and 1.7mbps down just doesn't cut it.

I am IT savvy myself, so the speeds I currently have greatly limits me and what I do. Simple things like downloading music or watching videos has become time consuming. To wait 5 minutes for a SINGLE song to download is unreal. I don't expect to receive fibre speeds in the countryside, but I do expect faster than 1.7mbps.

I'd like to know if anything can be done for me, because I cannot wait another two years and still not even be scheduled to have fibre set up in my area.
    Hi bubbafelt, 

I understand your frustration with this. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement