Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Loughrea

Options
  • 26-10-2014 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I live in Coorheen, Loughrea, which is eFibre-enabled according to the coverage map. I've tried ordering eFibre TV and broadband with Eircom Customer Service but was told that the exchange first needed to be updated. They were unable to give a time estimate.

Is there an Eircom engineer in the Loughrea area that I could call to get an expert opinion on whether or not it will happen in weeks rather than months?

Thanks in advance.

GT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 12 timo7

Thank you Ed E. 

According to that link, and the coverage map on the Eircom site, eFibre is now live in my area. Yet, it isn't.

Eircom customer service could not forecast when that will be. I would like to talk to an engineer who knows the rollout schedule. 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are all the cabs live in the area? If so then you're either too far from YOUR cab(may not be the closest one) or you're direct fed which will mean you'll be waiting till early 2016 or more. Also if you're more than 2km from the ecchange itself you wont be viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

timo7 wrote: »
    Thank you Ed E. 

According to that link, and the coverage map on the Eircom site, eFibre is now live in my area. Yet, it isn't.

Eircom customer service could not forecast when that will be. I would like to talk to an engineer who knows the rollout schedule. 
    Hi timo7, 

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to organise for a engineer to contact you in relation to this. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

ED E wrote: »
    Are all the cabs live in the area? If so then you're either too far from YOUR cab(may not be the closest one) or you're direct fed which will mean you'll be waiting till early 2016 or more. Also if you're more than 2km from the ecchange itself you wont be viable.
    Ed, what are the "cabs", how will I find out where my "cab" is located, and how would I find out if all the "cabs" are live in my area?

Hence my request to speak with an engineer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

ED E wrote: »
    Ed, what are the "cabs", how will I find out where my "cab" is located, and how would I find out if all the "cabs" are live in my area?

Hence my request to speak with an engineer.

Hi timo7.

Would you like to PM me your details & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

Hi Aisling,

PM sent. 

I also PMed Tracey on Oct 30th and Nov 6th but received no response.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Aisling,

PM sent. 

Hi Aisling,

PM sent last week, and followed up on Sunday with the number you requested. Have you any feedback for me at this point? 

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Aisling,

PM sent.

Hi Aisling,

PM sent last week, and followed up on Sunday with the number you requested. Have you any feedback for me at this point?

Many thanks.
    Hi timo7

I am just looking at this. We had meant for you to PM us the Landline no. rather than mobile no. but it looks like from the name and address that you have PM'd us that you do not currently have an active Phone number. If this is incorrect please PM me the Landline number and I will be able to check more accurately.

I have checked based on other addresses in your Townland though. Unfortunately the efibre map is an indication only of efibre availability within an area and does not guarantee availability to all addresses in a 'shaded area' on the map. At the moment we do not have an approximate date for availability in your area I am afraid, While other customers in your Townland have regular DSL broadband, unfortunately Broadband cannot be guaranteed prior to installation of a line and subsequent testing of the line.

thanks
    Colm

Hi Aisling,

PM sent.

Hi Aisling,

Many thanks.
    Hi timo7

I am just looking at this. We had meant for you to PM us the Landline no. rather than mobile no. but it looks like from the name and address that you have PM'd us that you do not currently have an active Phone number. If this is incorrect please PM me the Landline number and I will be able to check more accurately.

I have checked based on other addresses in your Townland though. Unfortunately the efibre map is an indication only of efibre availability within an area and does not guarantee availability to all addresses in a 'shaded area' on the map. At the moment we do not have an approximate date for availability in your area I am afraid, While other customers in your Townland have regular DSL broadband, unfortunately Broadband cannot be guaranteed prior to installation of a line and subsequent testing of the line.

thanks
    Colm
    Hi Colm,

Thanks for checking.

Actually I PMed the previous number of the landline to my house - twice to Aisling. This number is now used by a next-door neighbour who is an Eircom broadband customer. I will PM you also, for a more accurate check. I explained this in my messages to Aisling, and previously to Tracey, who I haven't heard from since.

The problem with signing up for DSL is that if I move to an area within 12 months which offers, for example, a 200 mb connection with a competitor, or just a 24 mb connection with eircom, I'm contractually tied to remain with eircom for 12 months after the move. With such huge discrepancies in speed between urban and rural Ireland, such contracts would seem to be very unfair.

I would have signed up with eircom weeks ago if the contract wasn't going to follow me to new premises should I decide to move. Do Eircom enforce contract exit clauses in such cases?

PM sent now.

Thanks,

Timo.

• Advertisement

Well that was all a massive waste of time. No effort made by Eircom, and my PMs were ignored. The public messages do not represent the lack of interest behind the scenes. Of course the only message that has a mobile number was the one that was referred to by Eircom publicly, even though I had submitted the previous landline number on several occasions privately. All efforts to communicate with Eircom via PMs have failed.

There also seems to be a love of jargon on these forums (reference to "cabs") without a willingness to explain. 

Overall, very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Well that was all a massive waste of time. No effort made by Eircom, and my PMs were ignored. The public messages do not represent the lack of interest behind the scenes. Of course the only message that has a mobile number was the one that was referred to by Eircom publicly, even though I had submitted the previous landline number on several occasions privately. All efforts to communicate with Eircom via PMs have failed.

There also seems to be a love of jargon on these forums (reference to "cabs") without a willingness to explain. 

Cabs are cabinets
    Take a look at http://fibrerollout.ie/faqs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Timo.

Apologies for the delays in responding to your PM's.

I can understand your views regarding the exitisting contractual timeframes however I can confirmt hat there are no contractual clauses which affect this position. A contract will be renewed once service is moved to another address. Ultimately this should be something to consider before signing up.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement