Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

local organic food

Options
  • 26-10-2014 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I have some visitors from the U.K coming to stay for the half term week.They like eating organic food, so does anyone know of a restaurant that offers local, organically produced meat, fish and veg?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Thanks for that link 6781.Looks like a top quality product and available on my doorstep -like their website (lots of information and pricelist).
    More similar links welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Organic fruit and veg stall out at Rathcormac on Saturdays from 11am, lovely guy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Yes the guy from rathcormac also will do a box delivery, depending on area, so you could have some delivered. You can get good quality organic meat at either Boyle or sligo farmers market. Not sure about restaurants for organic food let me know if you find any

Green Warrior are also out at Rathcormac - all her food is made from organic produce. She stocks salad bowls and homemade hummus. You can also pick her stuff up in Shells Cafe or Kates Kitchen.

https://www.facebook.com/GreenWarriorSligo?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Love green warrior food :) pretty sure she gets a lot of her ingredients from Gareth who runs the organic stall.
    And I just remembered there is a cafe in Dromod that's all organic food and drinksthey also sell sell of organic store cupboard bits. It's a bit of a drive from sligo but lovely place and great food. The owners are lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

You can buy organic veg from the Tattie Hoaker in Cliffoney. https://www.facebook.com/TattieHoakerCommunityFarm?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

So... I can get hold of beef and veg -is anyone selling organic lamb or chicken direct (from the farm) in Sligo?
    It would be great if there was a restaurant that only served food that was produced/harvested in Sligo, with an organic/non organic option.It would be a winner with visitors who want to taste the county as well as explore it. If such a restaurant were to open, would you(residents of Sligo) go to it?-thank this post if you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Rather not because the prices would be like x2;)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Try clevery mill in castlebaldwin, great local food and early bird prices at the weekend

• Advertisement

GG66 wrote: »
    Try clevery mill in castlebaldwin, great local food and early bird prices at the weekend

It says nothing about organic food on their website ....

Advertisement